What is your favorite State Tournament Chants ??

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

yesiplayedhockey

What is your favorite State Tournament Chants ??

Post by yesiplayedhockey »

What are your all time favorite state tournament chats from any student section or non student section...

Go......
elliott70

Re: What is your favorite State Tournament Chants ??

Post by elliott70 »

We hate Moorhead!
Cobber

Post by Cobber »

Duluth East fans chanting to St.Thomas Academy where’s your prom date
SEC Scotty

Post by SEC Scotty »

“Let’s go Brandon.”
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

SEC Scotty wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:09 pm “Let’s go Brandon.”
Yeah, he’s a great player!
Hockeyfan911

Post by Hockeyfan911 »

Heard Andover students chanting “Mariucci” “Mariucci”. Dirty but good.
StanleyCup55

Post by StanleyCup55 »

Minnetonka fans: “We got the lakes”
Edina fans: “We got the boats”

Best ever
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Not sure if the kids these days still us the, "That's all right, that's ok, you'll all work for us some day".
Tape2Tape

Post by Tape2Tape »

Not a fan of STA, but back when they were dominant in Class A, I heard a classic chant. As soon as the puck was dropped on the opening face-off, their fans started to chant, “This one’s Over”. I had to laugh.
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

Slap Shot wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:52 am Not sure if the kids these days still us the, "That's all right, that's ok, you'll all work for us some day".
This one comes from Northwestern football fans, in the midst of their multi-year losing streak in the 1980s.
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

yesiplayedhockey wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:45 pm What are your all time favorite state tournament chats from any student section or non student section...

Go......
I think I like "Daddy's Money," because it applies to dozens of opponents, both public and private. A highly versatile chant.
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

I think it was a year St Thomas Academy was in Class A & they were playing EGF, EGF chanted to them "Where's your Girlfriend?" STA replied back "In your section."
slacsap

Post by slacsap »

This was in sections rather than the state tournament, but I found it hilarious.
A few years back, Stillwater and White Bear Lake were playing in a Wednesday semi for the right to play Hill-Murray in the Friday night final. Late in the game, White Bear had the lead and their fans began the traditional "Season's over" chant. When they finished, the Stillwater fans immediately responded by chanting "Your's ends Friday". Brilliant!
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

jg2112 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:19 am
yesiplayedhockey wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:45 pm What are your all time favorite state tournament chats from any student section or non student section...

Go......
I think I like "Daddy's Money," because it applies to dozens of opponents, both public and private. A highly versatile chant.
Perhaps my favorite chant of all time was when the Tonka kids taunted Edina with "Daddy's Money!" To this day, I wonder if they were being ironic.
Hockey Is For Everyone
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

I’m still waiting for a championship game when with a minute left, the losing teams fans chant “Seasons Over.”
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Not a chant, but I still think one of the coolest celies I saw was when (I think) Tommy Novak of STA after scoring a goal skated towards the student section, and (obviously pre-planned) pointed to the students and "parted the Red Sea". I remember it getting some hate but i thought it was very creative. Have never found footage anywhere unfortunately.
bardown27

Post by bardown27 »

Slap Shot wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:33 am Not a chant, but I still think one of the coolest celies I saw was when (I think) Tommy Novak of STA after scoring a goal skated towards the student section, and (obviously pre-planned) pointed to the students and "parted the Red Sea". I remember it getting some hate but i thought it was very creative. Have never found footage anywhere unfortunately.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmdc6sfjIjo

right around the 2:25 mark
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

From this tourney: "Pay your taxes" from the 200 level during the state championship game

From past Tourneys:
On semifinal Friday after Moorhead had upset Edina in 2009, a call-and-response "Where's Edina?" "Mariucci!"
White Bear Lake telling Duluth East "Worst chant ever" after a garbled, cheerleader-led thing filled with made-up rah-rah type words.
"Stick to farming" - Stillwater students to Farmington as the Ponies put away the Tigers

It's been a while since Cloquet has made it, so I'm not sure they've been serenaded with "The wheels on your house go round and round" at the X.

I'm sure I could drum up more if I put my mind to it...
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

karl(east) wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:20 pm From this tourney: "Pay your taxes" from the 200 level during the state championship game

From past Tourneys:
On semifinal Friday after Moorhead had upset Edina in 2009, a call-and-response "Where's Edina?" "Mariucci!"
White Bear Lake telling Duluth East "Worst chant ever" after a garbled, cheerleader-led thing filled with made-up rah-rah type words.
"Stick to farming" - Stillwater students to Farmington as the Ponies put away the Tigers

It's been a while since Cloquet has made it, so I'm not sure they've been serenaded with "The wheels on your house go round and round" at the X.

I'm sure I could drum up more if I put my mind to it...
The wheels on your house go round and round :lol: :lol:

That’s harsh.
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

bardown27 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:07 pm
Slap Shot wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:33 am Not a chant, but I still think one of the coolest celies I saw was when (I think) Tommy Novak of STA after scoring a goal skated towards the student section, and (obviously pre-planned) pointed to the students and "parted the Red Sea". I remember it getting some hate but i thought it was very creative. Have never found footage anywhere unfortunately.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmdc6sfjIjo

right around the 2:25 mark
Ahhh - thank you.
blueblood

Post by blueblood »

We are the Champions
Play Like a Champion Today