Wild coaches Dean Evanson & Bob Woods are fired

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

raidergrad72

Wild coaches Dean Evanson & Bob Woods are fired

Post by raidergrad72 »

Just learned on Channel 5 that the Wild coaches were fired today. No replacements were yet named.
In this case, Guerin is to partially blame for extending contracts of some aging players but they're also still paying the price for Leopold's signing of Suter & Parise to those other world contracts. Both examples really cramped the salary cap. And where are Suter and Parise today?
But the coaches necks are almost always the first necks in the rope.
Wonder if they'll offer the job to Hendrickson, which would be his second go around.
Gov78

Re: Wild coaches Dean Evanson & Bob Woods are fired

Post by Gov78 »

Hendrickson has been with the franchise since the start and how much success beyond marketing to fans has the team had?
raidergrad72

Post by raidergrad72 »

Gov78 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:14 pm Hendrickson has been with the franchise since the start and how much success beyond marketing to fans has the team had?
Russo says John Hynes is the new guy. Have to say I've never heard of him.
Gov78

Post by Gov78 »

Neither have I but I will say the past few years I don't pay attention to the league going ons as I used to.
raidergrad72

Post by raidergrad72 »

Gov78 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:41 pm Neither have I but I will say the past few years I don't pay attention to the league going ons as I used to.
Hynes has 8 years of coaching experience. He was fired by the Nashville Predators last May after losing in the first round of the playoffs the last 3 years. Sounds like a familiar track record to me.
Btw, Karl & Lee, I hit the wrong icon, not reporting gov78's post.🤭🙄🤬😡