System Outage

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BodyShots

System Outage

Post by BodyShots »

No surprise here. System crashes when WBL beats HM to go to state.

Nice start for the new coaching staff. No surprise once the old regime finally removed itself.
InThePipes

Re: System Outage

Post by InThePipes »

BodyShots wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:50 am No surprise here. System crashes when WBL beats HM to go to state.
:lol:
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

BodyShots wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:50 am No surprise here. System crashes when WBL beats HM to go to state.

Nice start for the new coaching staff. No surprise once the old regime finally removed itself.
WBL beats HM. HA HA that’s a good one. I suppose next your going tell me the sun rises in the west.
north_bear

Post by north_bear »

Happens every year in early March, how weird. :lol:
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

Just a question, first off congrats to WBL on the big win and good luck this week!

However, I have seen this comment in a few different spots that no surprise that once they got the old regime out now they have success. Isn't the new Head Coach the same regime? I swear I read or heard he was the Associate Head Coach last few years prior to taking over head coach this year? Just curious on that one.

Regardless nice win Bears and good luck this week, never a better time to break the curse!
inthetwine

Post by inthetwine »

ClassAGuy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:16 am

Just a question, first off congrats to WBL on the big win and good luck this week!

However, I have seen this comment in a few different spots that no surprise that once they got the old regime out now they have success. Isn't the new Head Coach the same regime? I swear I read or heard he was the Associate Head Coach last few years prior to taking over head coach this year? Just curious on that one.

Regardless nice win Bears and good luck this week, never a better time to break the curse!
you’re right, the new head coach is the former assistant coach. However, now he gets to install his system, which he tried, and tried with Sager, but Sager would have none of it. Even when Sagers system completely failed.
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

inthetwine wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:07 am
ClassAGuy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:16 am

you’re right, the new head coach is the former assistant coach. However, now he gets to install his system, which he tried, and tried with Sager, but Sager would have none of it. Even when Sagers system completely failed.
Makes sense just was curious. Again, Good luck WBL
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

The Bears got it done - congrats to those kids

I watched the game online, and it had a very strange feel to it. The Bears score almost immediately, and for the rest of the game Hill controlled play. But the Bears did a great job of limiting Hill's attacks. Almost every chance was from the perimeter, until the last few minutes of the game and before the two empty netters. I thought Siedl (UM football commit) was the most aggressive - he had the speed to get around some the Bears defenders and actually had 2 or 3 very good centering opportunities and either no one was home or the Bears got a Hill stick up.

I'm not sure if it was the Hill D or just WBL sinking back into a defensive game-plan after going up 1-0, but the Bears will need to be more creative on offense at State. Best of luck to them. If ever there was a year to break the 0-21 or 0-22, or whatever it is steak of quarterfinals losses, this is the year to get it done.

Assuming those that can return do, Hill should have a very good team next year - potentially 'ship level team. They are returning a lot. Will be curious to see how they do with a new starting goalie as well. I thought goaltending was a miss this year - especially with the D corp in front.
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

I know you’re making a joke, but the system commonly goes down during this time of year. Which is obviously a damn shame because it’s the most important week of the season.

It might be worth looking into transitioning this forum to Reddit since the infrastructure here doesn’t seem to be able to handle traffic flow.
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

I remember that the system had an outage last year at about the same time.
raidergrad72

Post by raidergrad72 »

wbmd wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:15 pm I remember that the system had an outage last year at about the same time.
You're right, it did crash at tourney time last year. But due to the behind the scenes efforts by Karl, Lee, and others, it's back up just like last year.
Maybe it becomes a tourney question like who wins a match. :roll:
StanleyCup55

Post by StanleyCup55 »

wbmd wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:15 pm I remember that the system had an outage last year at about the same time.
Pretty sure the system got the hatty this year. This is the third year in a row at the best time of the season. Previous years it was down the whole tourney weekend. Hopefully it stays up this week