Tourney tickets

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

north_bear

Tourney tickets

Post by north_bear »

What's the scoop on tourney tickets? It looks like everything is still locked down for students/family. The last time I went I got some from the school but they weren't very good seats.

What do others do? Facebook/Craigslist? Corner scalpers?
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!
elliott70

Re: Tourney tickets

Post by elliott70 »

Go to the let’s play hockey expo.
Go to the left wall and find the door into the basement storage area.
Walk straight across to the far side and open the door and the second door.You will be in the kitchen.
Do not look at anyone and act like you belong there.
Go to the elevator and take it to whatever level you want to sit.
It worked for me.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

I went online and bought a pair on Vivid Seats. Very expensive but I seldom get the chance to go to it and figured what the heck. At my age I tried to estimate how many more chances I would have to see the Rapids play. I decided to get them and take it all in.
north_bear

Post by north_bear »

grindiangrad-80 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:40 pm I went online and bought a pair on Vivid Seats. Very expensive but I seldom get the chance to go to it and figured what the heck. At my age I tried to estimate how many more chances I would have to see the Rapids play. I decided to get them and take it all in.
Thanks. Didn't realize they were available elsewhere besides ticket master. Holy $75+ per ticket! Talk about gouging!
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

north_bear wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:21 pm
grindiangrad-80 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:40 pm I went online and bought a pair on Vivid Seats. Very expensive but I seldom get the chance to go to it and figured what the heck. At my age I tried to estimate how many more chances I would have to see the Rapids play. I decided to get them and take it all in.
Thanks. Didn't realize they were available elsewhere besides ticket master. Holy $75+ per ticket! Talk about gouging!
Vivid sends you through Ticketmaster also.
raidergrad72

Post by raidergrad72 »

I go only to the A 3rd place & championship games. Have to listen to Lou's final broadcast. Haven't had trouble at the door.
north_bear

Post by north_bear »

elliott70 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:22 pm Go to the let’s play hockey expo.
Go to the left wall and find the door into the basement storage area.
Walk straight across to the far side and open the door and the second door.You will be in the kitchen.
Do not look at anyone and act like you belong there.
Go to the elevator and take it to whatever level you want to sit.
It worked for me.
I'll tell them elliot sent me if anyone starts asking questions.
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!
Sk8 Str8

Post by Sk8 Str8 »

I looked on Vivid Seats, cheapest tics for Thurs Day Session is a pair for $65 each (did not click to buy to see what the Vivid service chare is...$20?).

Question, what is the face amount of a 200 level ticket...and who is making the markup? If it is not MHSL Season tickets, and not given to the High Schools, it is the Xcel or Wild or MHSL who owns the ticket. And it was never sold at face value, only sold with a markup.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Sk8 Str8 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:11 pm I looked on Vivid Seats, cheapest tics for Thurs Day Session is a pair for $65 each (did not click to buy to see what the Vivid service chare is...$20?).

Question, what is the face amount of a 200 level ticket...and who is making the markup? If it is not MHSL Season tickets, and not given to the High Schools, it is the Xcel or Wild or MHSL who owns the ticket. And it was never sold at face value, only sold with a markup.
I'm not sure what "face" value is because a set for all six sessions is $120-125.

There are 4 sessions people want: Th am, Th pm, Fri pm, Sat champ. I will end up giving away Conso semi and conso final or they will go unused. So figure each session is worth at least $30-35 in my eyes.

The markup in your scenario is whoever sold the ticket to Vivid or listed it on their platform.
Be kind. Rewind.
Mitch Hawker
Site Admin

Post by Mitch Hawker »

Face value for Xcel sessions is $20 for Adults $13 for Students (HS and under)

Consolation sessions are $15 for adults $10 for students

https://www.mshsl.org/tickets
blueline_6

Post by blueline_6 »

Mitch Hawker wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:16 pm Face value for Xcel sessions is $20 for Adults $13 for Students (HS and under)

Consolation sessions are $15 for adults $10 for students

https://www.mshsl.org/tickets
FYI - those are upper bowl ticket prices at Xcel. Lower bowl is $20 adults and students, but they all go to families of players, bands, student bodies and season ticket holders. Everything that will be available at 5:00 tomorrow night will be upper bowl.
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

Quarterfinal tickets were sold out before 5:04.
Hockey Is For Everyone
bardown27

Post by bardown27 »

If anyone needs consolation tickets for tomorrow DM me your email and I’ll transfer mine to you
ryguyMN

Post by ryguyMN »

75 bucks? That’s nothing. Saw secondary market tickets north of $100/each. Whether they actually got the asking price is another story.
Ryan
I like my games and takes juicy
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

ryguyMN wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:19 pm
75 bucks? That’s nothing. Saw secondary market tickets north of $100/each. Whether they actually got the asking price is another story.
'
Yeah, my house is worth $2,000,000. Now if I can just get someone to pay me that much for it. Every year when I'm in line, a few people will approach trying sell extra tickets. Usually it's kids, and they think they're sitting on a gold mine. I'm always outspoken, pretty loudly telling them that I can get tickets at face value at the box office. Maybe they eventually find someone, I never know. This year I just cut to the chase, telling them, "I'm only willing to pay face value" point blank.
Hockey Is For Everyone