SOUTH ST PAUL GIRLS HOCKEY

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hubbaa

Re: luvhssports

Post by hubbaa » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:46 am

rube,<br><br>i really don't think anyone will argue with your beliefs. the last time we saw a home grown dynasty in hockey (and i think the last one we will see) was the jefferson boys team. that was what, 15 years ago? it is sad, but i think it is a thing of the past.<br> <p></p><i></i>

luvhssports

hubbaa...

Post by luvhssports » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:46 am

Wow...someone who still believes everything they read or are told...should change that hubbaa to hubba...word right from the MSHSL board...SSP ASKED to be moved...might not have been your coach and/or your parents...again someone ASKED to be moved...check it out...if it was your school board and/ or AD bottom line is...ASKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <p></p><i></i>

hubbaa

Re: hubbaa...

Post by hubbaa » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:53 am

luvie,<br><br>looks like you believe something you read? after suggesting that i believe everything i hear or read? is it that the mshsl board is your Bible? your own words have just eaten you alive. <p></p><i></i>

luvhssports

Post by luvhssports » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:03 am

hubba,<br>Ouch you hurt me so...information wasn't read nor secondhand...I'm done here...waste of time...bye hubba with a single a.... <p></p><i></i>

hubbaa

Post by hubbaa » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:05 am

yes luvie,<br><br>the truth can be hard to handle can't it? have fun sleeping in your bed. <p></p><i></i>

Swoops26

Post by Swoops26 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:28 am

Yeah, palmquist had no say in the matter. You truly believe that? Of course he's gonna say that geez. And yes, now homegrown dynasties are a thing of the past in girls hockey. What team led us there? Girls hockey really owes ssp (and its contributing communities)a debt of gratitude! <p></p><i></i>

hockeyrube

Post by hockeyrube » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:35 am

Amen !! <p></p><i></i>

hubbaa

Post by hubbaa » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:37 am

swoops,<br><br>i not only believe palmquist, but i believe the people that attended the meetings and fought to keep the team up in "aa". <br><br><br>who lead? roseville.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>

mnhock

Post by mnhock » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:43 pm

I guess my question would be this:<br><br>Why did Palmquist try so hard to leave SSP over the summer months? <br><br>He's a competitor, he knows that class A is like the basketball N.I.T. If Edina could have given him a comparable salary to what SSP does,(teaching and coaching) you know he would have been there. I think he feels he could have competed for a Section 2AA championship this year. It's the years to come that they will struggle. <p></p><i></i>

Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:08 pm

Just as an FYI, within a day or two after SSP won in '05, Palmquist is on record to the press as having said something along the lines like, 'Do you think it (the switch to "A") has anything to do with losing our starting line.' <p>"Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today." --James Dean</p><i></i>

ghshockeyfan

Post by ghshockeyfan » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:42 am

FWIW - what I think is getting missed here is that the admin @ SSP made the decision to stay in A as they couldn't be certain of what they'll get. If a bunch of 9/10th graders show up this year that are able to play hockey, I would bet that the discussion could be brought up again about moving up. What likely really happened here is that the realization was that the HOMEGROWN numbers & talent just didn't look to sustain competition at the AA level. Also, they must have looked at the youth numbers, the lack of recent transfers (no one came in last two years to my knowledge???), and decided that this was best. I believe they could have competed this year at AA. I think they will have to see this coming year if they could have, but there is no way that they could make a 4 year commitment like they could in 2001 with the BIG 3 as freshmen and other older greats still on the roster... I don't think that any consideration of transfers was given when they initially opted up in 2001, as that was all about the homegrown talent being sufficient. <p></p><i></i>

hcky0809

Post by hcky0809 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:15 am

Hockeyrube: I can't agree with you more and am both saddened and disappointed with what has transpired in girls hockey. While I mean no disrespect to the players on the EP and SSP teams that won the championship this year, I did not get overly excited about their accomplishment for the simple fact that they should win. I feel badly for the youth associations that are trying to build strong girls programs when you have the high school programs "robbing" their U14 teams by taking 7th/8th graders and "recruiting" (sorry - lack of better word) players from outside the association to take not just one or two but sometimes five to six spots on the hs team. I am a traditionalist as well, and believe you can attain the same goals as many of the high school boys programs have - people need to be patient.<br><br>Hubbaa: just an FYI...you reference that the days of winning with a homegrown program has not been done with the boys for about 15 years with the jefferson boys. Actually, it has been done four out of the last six years with homegrown teams from Blaine, Anoka, Centennial and Elk River (ER may be a bit of an exception with usually a couple "recruits"). It can be done! <p></p><i></i>

hubbaa

Post by hubbaa » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:51 am

hcky0809,<br><br>I stated a dynasty, not winning the title. sure it can be won with homegrown talent, but to build a dynasty it is not possible anymore. not that it is important, in fact i would like to see several teams have a legit shot at it. but i'm just stating my point about a dynasty, and the possibility of it happening with homegrown talent. way to many transfers for that to happen again, which i say is a shame. <p></p><i></i>

EGOPHERP

no goal

Post by EGOPHERP » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:02 am

The ref's were spinelss in that SSP game. They new the whisle blew. SSP should give that championship back. <p></p><i></i>