NHL and ME

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Lord Infamous44

NHL and ME

Post by Lord Infamous44 »

I would like to take this opportunity in this post to show how sadden I am by the NHL cancellation of the season for this year and possibly FOREVER. No more exciting dekes to watch that put away a game 7, no more watching the NHL (as kids) and saying, "dad, someday im gonna be a pro hockey player." No more of fathers taking their sons to the hockey games, No more motivation for the youth of hockey to want to excel, knowing that after college theres no one league that is the best, Goodbye to miracles like the USA over the USSR, It personally saddens me that most people would not care if the NHL or hockey in general is gone, to me as a kid, I looked up to the NHL and the talents of many stars, I remember the Minnesota North Stars and Mike Modano and J.P. Parise, I remember the Minnesota Wild beating the heavily favored Colorado Avalanche. The NHL has been taken for granted by this country, many people believe that the southern part of the US doesn't care about hockey, why did Tampa Bay sell out all playoff games? Hopefully, this isn't nothing and the NHL will be back someday, but until then a part of me is gone. <p></p><i></i>
benc14

Re: NHL and ME

Post by benc14 »

Yeah, your right, it is way too bad that there is no NHL this year. I really hope there is a season next year. <p></p><i></i>
TommyG663303

Southern Teams

Post by TommyG663303 »

To be fair about your comment about southern teams. Some of the suggestions people made was to keep the ones that have fan support or have a lot of talent and then either just get rid of the others or move them to areas that will support the team. <p></p><i></i>
Eagles93

Re: Southern Teams

Post by Eagles93 »

It's simple.....<br><br>Boot Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa Bay (too bad if they won the cup - go to a regular season game), Nashville, Phoenix, and Pittsburgh.<br><br>Remove the red line and enforce goalie equipment size.<br><br>Voila... fans will flock back to the game eventually. <p></p><i></i>
fastice16

This Bites

Post by fastice16 »

Yes we will all miss it but I still miss the North Stars more I still hate seeing them play in the Tropics in Dallass. Don't worry no more hard feelings. Go WILD. stupid lockout. <p></p><i></i>
JMhockeyplaya

Re: Southern Teams

Post by JMhockeyplaya »

u gotta keep the red line for icing, but get ride of the two line pass, make the blue line bigger like in the AHL the other night, make the ice rinks olympic size and reg. the pads like u said. This would create less clutching and grabing and the offensive end of it would increase dramatically. Then the fans would flock back for sure. <p></p><i></i>
hockscout88

Re: This Bites

Post by hockscout88 »

Some dads were just talking about the same thing tonight at practice. Get rid of Phoenix, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Carolina, FL Panthers and put a couple teams back in Canada-Winnipeg and Quebac and get back to real hockey. Amen! <p></p><i></i>