Coaching Changes

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

massalsa

Post by massalsa »

That Centennial team is young and ready to be a dominant team for the next couple of years. They appeared to be primarily 8th, 9th, & 10th graders.
yolo

Post by yolo »

"Anyone know what Rob Potter is up to (beyond his Pure Hockey), and is he pursuing any of these vacancies?"

He has been running the HP 14's & 15's for D10. After watching this I would feel sorry for any HS team that would take him.
Lace'emUp

Post by Lace'emUp »

massalsa wrote:That Centennial team is young and ready to be a dominant team for the next couple of years. They appeared to be primarily 8th, 9th, & 10th graders.
I would agree. The 2 forwards, GH and AL, combine for 139 points last year, and they're only 10th graders. Not that HP's mean everything, but she/Centennial had 13 youth and high school players spread out at all HP levels:
2 at HP-14 in D10
5 at HP-15 (4 in D10; 1 in D3)
3 at HP-16 (2 in Sec 5; 1 in Sec 3)
3 at HP-17 (2 in Sec 5; 1 in Sec 1)
So there's a strong future there for several years.
Lace'emUp

Post by Lace'emUp »

yolo wrote:"Anyone know what Rob Potter is up to (beyond his Pure Hockey), and is he pursuing any of these vacancies?"

He has been running the HP 14's & 15's for D10. After watching this I would feel sorry for any HS team that would take him.
What happened?
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

yolo wrote:"Anyone know what Rob Potter is up to (beyond his Pure Hockey), and is he pursuing any of these vacancies?"

With your expert hockey knowledge, you should apply for one of these vacancies. Sounds like you got what it takes!
Hockey987

Post by Hockey987 »

zambonidriver wrote:Heard at the rink last night Bowlby and Jungels will take over at Edina.
Per Edina's Twitter Sami Reber is the new coach.
massalsa

Post by massalsa »

Just googled "Sami Reber" and got this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/sami_reber

"Head Coach, Edina Girls' Hockey. Harvard Hockey Alum."

Congrats to Hornet Nation on a new coach!
Mavs

Post by Mavs »

Rocketwrister

Post by Rocketwrister »

mulefarm wrote:

With your expert hockey knowledge, you should apply for one of these vacancies. Sounds like you got what it takes!
I agree mule...all the experts in the stands get a little quieter now when the jobs open up but once they get filled, LOOK OUT....they are eager to give their "expert opinion" right away.
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

This just in Mahtomedi looking for new coach
Lace'emUp

Post by Lace'emUp »

zambonidriver wrote:This just in Mahtomedi looking for new coach
Two years in a row for the Zephyrs. Any reason why?
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

Parents
Mavs

Post by Mavs »

No other hiring updates?
MN_Bowhunter

Post by MN_Bowhunter »

zambonidriver wrote:Parents
What's the over/under on remaining years for the Forest Lake coach, I wonder?
goaline

Post by goaline »

MN_Bowhunter wrote:
Surely you must have mistaken this for the boys forum? That or you are one of those famous icky FL parents, its not too late to enroll your kid in Cretin, grass all green there
Hansonbrother

Post by Hansonbrother »

goaline wrote:
MN_Bowhunter wrote:
Surely you must have mistaken this for the boys forum? That or you are one of those famous icky FL parents, its not too late to enroll your kid in Cretin, grass all green there
And getting greener....Good news coming soon at CDH
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

MN_Bowhunter wrote:
Pretty crowded net. What's the over/under of another move?
Mavs

Post by Mavs »

Hansonbrother wrote:
goaline wrote:
MN_Bowhunter wrote: What's the over/under on remaining years for the Forest Lake coach, I wonder?
Coach being finalized?
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

I hear CDH Ziegler Great coach
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

FLAKE is stable and quiet. Nothing that I have heard.
Hansonbrother

Post by Hansonbrother »

Mavs wrote:
Hansonbrother wrote:
goaline wrote: Surely you must have mistaken this for the boys forum? That or you are one of those famous icky FL parents, its not too late to enroll your kid in Cretin, grass all green there
Coach being finalized?
It is! But it wasn't the person that Zamboni had mentioned...gotta love the rumor mill!
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

WOW!
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

Flake has a few really good goalies. Only one net though. Things will get ugly. Another stud on the way i'm hearing. Get the popcorn..
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

Flake
Bothun 9th
Hickerson 9th
Goehner 9th
Letsch senior quit last year
those are the 4
Mavs

Post by Mavs »

Hansonbrother wrote:
Mavs wrote:
Hansonbrother wrote: And getting greener....Good news coming soon at CDH
Coach being finalized?
It is! But it wasn't the person that Zamboni had mentioned...gotta love the rumor mill!
Female? I have heard there are some good female coaches applying for some of the larger jobs and this was one of them. I don't know the names, however. Edina obviously hired a strong female coach. When you figure Winny Brodt and Rhonda Curtin are the elder statesmen in women's hockey and they are still very young it tells you the wave of female coaches should be upon us and here for the duration going forward. Most of the D1 players from MN are under 30 years old still which will be dramatically different in the coming years. Centennial went out on a limb and hired a 21 year old a few years ago but most AD's want a little more maturity and distance from their 18 year old players, I would think.

That wave of 25-30 year old female hockey players that played at high level is upon us now and will be forever going forward.

Will we see more ALL female staffs like they have at Breck?