Top JGB teams

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Rossbury21

Post by Rossbury21 »

yeah, lakeville will definitely be around come state championship time, baring an extreme upset.
LakevilleHcky08

Post by LakevilleHcky08 »

Are you saying that lakeville is going to be upset in the tourney?
D1Scout

Post by D1Scout »

I really need to chime in here boys... (I'm referring to the back and forth arguing on the previous page.)

You can all argue about which team is better then the next. The truth is any team can beat another no matter what level of play - Junior Gold, High School, College & Pro. Yes, even Pro's have inconsistent games and stretches of their season.

The thing to remember... you're playing a sport that you enjoy, right?

So...
~Work hard on and off the ice
~Play like a team NOT an individual
~and most importantly... have fun!

As for the winner of the State Championship... it'll be - without a doubt - the team with the most goals at the end of the game.
bar_down09

Lakeville

Post by bar_down09 »

Lakeville is deffinetly the number 1 junior gold b team in the state. they have consistent play, they work hard, they have at least one good golie, and they have a couple players that can blow teams apart by 10 and dig their team out of a jam whenever they need to. they dont have much depth but their best players make up for other weaknesses.
WBhockey08

Post by WBhockey08 »

note. lakeville has shawn emslander
bar_down09

Post by bar_down09 »

hes out for the season,broke his collar bone in 3 places!
FBK19

Post by FBK19 »

Note: Lakeville has Cory Christainson and Shawn Emslander who should be a hoby baker nominee
Last edited by FBK19 on Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
WBhockey08

Post by WBhockey08 »

Dont get me wrong, i think lakeville is a strong squad that has beaten many good teams and whatever fluked losses to other teams, but this is why i dont think they will the state tournement. i think they will go far but i just dont think they will win because of this:

They lack depth.

i believe that to win the whole deal u need to have depth, u need to have ur 2nd and 3rd line score, because from what i hear lakeville has 1 of the worst 3rd lines and there 2nd line isnt the best either.

Lakeville seems to rely (this is what i hear) almost entirely on there 1st line those 2 "all stars" that they have. if they they play a team that is smart and has more depth they will lose. the team will match their best players (line) to play lakevilles 1st line. i think it very possible that those guys can get beat by a better 1+2 punch in the league and outscore them. but lets just say that lakevilles first line evens out or even outscores the other teams first line maybe by a goal or 2. it wont matter because of lakevilles lack in depth the other teams able 2nd and 3rd line will walk lakevilles weaker lines and win.

all a team has to do is contain there """"all star"""" first line, and use their own depth (if they have it) to outscore theyre weaker lines
SpudsAholic1

Post by SpudsAholic1 »

FBK19 wrote:Note: Lakeville has Cory Christainson who has many shamefull hookups (CASS)....
False, Cory has no bad hookups... Cory is god...
Last edited by SpudsAholic1 on Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FBK19

Post by FBK19 »

that was not me
Buddha

Post by Buddha »

Dont get me wrong, i think lakeville is a strong squad that has beaten many good teams and whatever fluked losses to other teams, but this is why i dont think they will the state tournement. i think they will go far but i just dont think they will win because of this:

They lack depth.

i believe that to win the whole deal u need to have depth, u need to have ur 2nd and 3rd line score, because from what i hear lakeville has 1 of the worst 3rd lines and there 2nd line isnt the best either.

Lakeville seems to rely (this is what i hear) almost entirely on there 1st line those 2 "all stars" that they have. if they they play a team that is smart and has more depth they will lose. the team will match their best players (line) to play lakevilles 1st line. i think it very possible that those guys can get beat by a better 1+2 punch in the league and outscore them. but lets just say that lakevilles first line evens out or even outscores the other teams first line maybe by a goal or 2. it wont matter because of lakevilles lack in depth the other teams able 2nd and 3rd line will walk lakevilles weaker lines and win.

all a team has to do is contain there """"all star"""" first line, and use their own depth (if they have it) to outscore theyre weaker lines
Dont know how u got your info but look at this >_>
ya we have a few returning players one plays on first line one on second then the other on third.

i think this should answer your reply. Also try reading what other ppl post so we dont have to repeat it. Not to sound cocky or anything 2 lines of theres can score of course they not the best as the first one even w/o them they probably can. Also u also have to include the defence who can score. Forwards arent the only ones either.

"why i dont think they will the state tournement." for the person who wrote that learn how to write sentences. Cause when ppl read it, it makes us think we're reading from a 2nd grader
chedder59

Post by chedder59 »

albret lee had two guys on lakevilles number 7 last night and he still managed to score 4 goals and get one assist. And he didnt even get much ice time seeming as every time he was out there he had one or more guys within a foot of him and their coach screaming at their team to cover him. number 7 also managed to get 2 and 2 in the 10-0 victory to the #3 team in state. 7, 8, and 9 from lakeville are unstopable!!!!!!
JGVETERAN

Post by JGVETERAN »

Go ahead and argue all you want boys. But the top team in state is going to be the one with the state championship. Talk crap, bad mouth, and place blame. But it all comes back in the end. Play hard and you will see it through.
WBhockey08

Post by WBhockey08 »

chedder59 wrote:albret lee had two guys on lakevilles number 7 last night and he still managed to score 4 goals and get one assist. And he didnt even get much ice time seeming as every time he was out there he had one or more guys within a foot of him and their coach screaming at their team to cover him. number 7 also managed to get 2 and 2 in the 10-0 victory to the #3 team in state. 7, 8, and 9 from lakeville are unstopable!!!!!!
cheddar its obvious that ur on lakeville so ur cool for talking urself up like that.

by the way congradulations on beating albert lea. one of the PLEASE BAN ME teams out there
WBhockey08

Post by WBhockey08 »

Buddha wrote:

They lack depth.

Dont know how u got your info but look at this >_>
ya we have a few returning players one plays on first line one on second then the other on third.

i think this should answer your reply. Also try reading what other ppl post so we dont have to repeat it. Not to sound cocky or anything 2 lines of theres can score of course they not the best as the first one even w/o them they probably can. Also u also have to include the defence who can score. Forwards arent the only ones either.

"why i dont think they will the state tournement." for the person who wrote that learn how to write sentences. Cause when ppl read it, it makes us think we're reading from a 2nd grader

first of all just because they returning players doesnt mean they are good.

second of all i kno the goalie from lakeville and he personally told me that they have the wosrt 3rd line in the state

and third of all the "why i dont think theyll make it to state" is like a statement that made as an intro to state my reasons after. but if u can only handle 2nd grade literature then maybe i can upload some pictures and puzzles for you
pwnchawdaddy1123

Post by pwnchawdaddy1123 »

returning players does mean they are good and just because they have a bad 3rd line doesnt mean they are bad. Even 3rd line scores some goals. have you even seen Lakveville play WBhockey08
WBhockey08

Post by WBhockey08 »

pwnchawdaddy1123 wrote:returning players does mean they are good and just because they have a bad 3rd line doesnt mean they are bad. Even 3rd line scores some goals. have you even seen Lakveville play WBhockey08

lakeville is a b team only city, they didnt cut anyone so if some kid who cant skate backwards played for them sophmore year he will play again junior year and still not be good.

and no i havent seen lakeville and i hear they are good. and i bet they are really good if u read my previous post i wasnt denying that 1 bit. i was stating my thoughts on why they wont win state and how a team can beat them based on my theory.

once again let me remind people that i do think lakeville is good, one of the top teams, but just not equipped for the championship
pwnchawdaddy1123

Post by pwnchawdaddy1123 »

agree to disagree
WBhockey08

Post by WBhockey08 »

done. we both hold different thoughts let people make there own opinions on what we've said
stars612

Post by stars612 »

SpudsAholic1 wrote:
FBK19 wrote:Note: Lakeville has Cory Christainson who has many shamefull hookups (CASS)....
False, Cory has no bad hookups... Cory is god...
Nice save Zach...
Third times a charm.
FBK19

Post by FBK19 »

I have nothing to do with that rob
Rossbury21

Post by Rossbury21 »

LakevilleHcky08 wrote:Are you saying that lakeville is going to be upset in the tourney?
No i said barring an upset, that means, unless there is a big upset
newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 »

WBhockey08 wrote:
pwnchawdaddy1123 wrote:returning players does mean they are good and just because they have a bad 3rd line doesnt mean they are bad. Even 3rd line scores some goals. have you even seen Lakveville play WBhockey08

lakeville is a b team only city, they didnt cut anyone so if some kid who cant skate backwards played for them sophmore year he will play again junior year and still not be good.

and no i havent seen lakeville and i hear they are good. and i bet they are really good if u read my previous post i wasnt denying that 1 bit. i was stating my thoughts on why they wont win state and how a team can beat them based on my theory.

once again let me remind people that i do think lakeville is good, one of the top teams, but just not equipped for the championship
Normally I would agree with this theory but it was proven wrong last season when 1 line played the entire championship game, the first line for IGH... Hockey is supposed to be a TEAM game and I agree with all of the above you have written but I did just want to note that it has been done before.
IGHCoach

newguys35

Post by IGHCoach »

I'm the coach of that team. so we played just 5 guys all game. LOL and the other 12 just watched?? Nice try Good luck Lakeville you have a solid team this season. so just stay focus and good things can happen.
Sauce2122

Post by Sauce2122 »

WBhockey, i know your not trying to rip on lakeville but your theory on lakeville losing is off. Ya 7 and 8 score most of lakevilles goals but look at the game tonight, we played Osseo Maple Grove, not a top contender but still a respectable team. There was 3 goals by our first line, two by our THIRD line, one by our second, and two by the defense. Our third line does have weak players but they can hang in JGB.

Also, you say that when we play a good team we will lose
We've beaten Edina twice, both close but still twice wins. The second win we were down and our number 7 put the entire team on his back and pulled us up to win.
we beat buffalo, minnetonka, OMG, and plenty of other teams that have been ranked or are ranked to prove that

So who are you talking about when you say that we will lose, "when we play a good team"