JGB State

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Avalanche19

Post by Avalanche19 »

buffjrgold13 wrote:
TheHeights wrote:
buffjrgold13 wrote:what do you think buffalo's chances are against lakeville?
not very good. we (IGH) beat buffalo in albert lea 1-0 i think and we got dominated by lakeville both times we played them. 7-2 then 6-2. I don't remember buffalo being anything special, but Lakeville is very fast and can control the puck very well.
first of all buffalo outshot IGH 3-1 throughout the game but couldn't find the back of the net. Also, at that time in the season we weren't as solid as we are now. We were tying teams like forest lake and north st. paul. Lately we realized we have a good run at things and have picked up the pace. we have played well recently. Roseville was prolly a more skilled team then us but we beat them. White Bear was a more skilled team than us and we had a greater chance than any to win that game. 6 missed breakaways and a few missed open netters really gave the game away. Lakeville is going to be a better team than us but just don't count us out yet is all i'm saying.
I don't think anyone should be counting you out, i know that the first game wont be easy, i cant say the same for the rest of us, but i would hope that they think the same.
wesboy9

Post by wesboy9 »

buffjrgold13 wrote:
TheHeights wrote:
buffjrgold13 wrote:what do you think buffalo's chances are against lakeville?
not very good. we (IGH) beat buffalo in albert lea 1-0 i think and we got dominated by lakeville both times we played them. 7-2 then 6-2. I don't remember buffalo being anything special, but Lakeville is very fast and can control the puck very well.
first of all buffalo outshot IGH 3-1 throughout the game but couldn't find the back of the net. Also, at that time in the season we weren't as solid as we are now. We were tying teams like forest lake and north st. paul. Lately we realized we have a good run at things and have picked up the pace. we have played well recently. Roseville was prolly a more skilled team then us but we beat them. White Bear was a more skilled team than us and we had a greater chance than any to win that game. 6 missed breakaways and a few missed open netters really gave the game away. Lakeville is going to be a better team than us but just don't count us out yet is all i'm saying.
You missed 6 break aways and a few open netters. You had that many chances against WBL and u still lost. Ur chances are probly pretty slim.
MNHockeyStats

Post by MNHockeyStats »

ANY of the eight remaining teams can win state. A Goalie could get hot and shut down the best scorers... you never know.

It'll be a fun weekend.
Rossbury21

Post by Rossbury21 »

MNHockeyStats wrote:ANY of the eight remaining teams can win state. A Goalie could get hot and shut down the best scorers... you never know.

It'll be a fun weekend.
True, some teams get hot at the right time, like the Varsity State Tourney today, Hill beat Roseau, yeah it was hill, but who really thought they would win.
UNDlars

Post by UNDlars »

Assuming that Edina and Lakeville both win their first round games, I think their semi-final will be a good one. It's hard to beat a team 3 teams in one season, especially a team like Edina.
JGVETERAN

Post by JGVETERAN »

I almost feel bad for all of you that seem to doubt the power of some teams and the weaknesses of others. Yes White Bear beat Lakeville and lakeville beat edina, buffalo, and woodburry but who says that any game before these mean anything.

We all start on a clean slate now. Play your hearts out, leave everything on the ice, and the chips will all fall into place.

The teams that win deserve it and the ones who loose dont. But we all know there will be a million excuses from all the loosers out there.

All that matters is who comes out on top in the end.

Good luck to all in the tourney have fun and I'll see you there
minnhock007

Post by minnhock007 »

What were the scores of the friday games?
trojan keeper

Post by trojan keeper »

Roseville beat Rave 5-2
Woodbury beat White Bear Lake Orange 6-3
Edina beat Wayzata 4-3
Sauce2122

Post by Sauce2122 »

Lakeville 4
Buffalo 1
woodburry09

Post by woodburry09 »

UNDlars wrote:Assuming that Edina and Lakeville both win their first round games, I think their semi-final will be a good one. It's hard to beat a team 3 teams in one season, especially a team like Edina.
thats funny because lakeville and edina were the only higher seeded teams to get passed the first round. Maybe you guys were looking past the first round lars? you guys really crapped the bed on that one.

Woodburry is easily going to take state and is going to walk all over the other teams. We are a machine!!!!
UNDlars

Post by UNDlars »

woodburry09 wrote:
UNDlars wrote:Assuming that Edina and Lakeville both win their first round games, I think their semi-final will be a good one. It's hard to beat a team 3 teams in one season, especially a team like Edina.
thats funny because lakeville and edina were the only higher seeded teams to get passed the first round. Maybe you guys were looking past the first round lars? you guys really crapped the bed on that one.

Woodburry is easily going to take state and is going to walk all over the other teams. We are a machine!!!!
Please enlighten me and tell me where I overlooked anyone. Everyone was on our train and if you look at my posts, in no way shape or form did I think we would have a cakewalk or did I even guarantee a victory. Ask anyone who has followed this forum this year and they will tell you I am the first one to downplay our team.
JGBHockey9

Post by JGBHockey9 »

What number are you on Woodbury?
MetroScout

Post by MetroScout »

woodburry09 wrote:

Nice quote Woodbury. Talk about "looking past" teams.

I stopped by the RAVE vs Roseville game and know exactly why the RAVE lost. RAVE played clean hockey and several Roseville players - played cheap. Sure there were several defensive errors that the good Roseville players took advantage of - but I was really disappointed in the crap I saw on the ice; slashing, interference, tripping, holding, elbows, leg whips and more. Every time one of the faster RAVE players got a breakaway - Roseville couldn't skate with him so they pulled him down from behind. One time a RAVE player got pitchforked so hard by a Roseville player he lifted him off the ice. Even in the NHL -there's a code amongst players - that you just don't do that.

Nice style of play!

So the cheap team won today - FEEL PROUD!
UNDlars

Post by UNDlars »

MetroScout wrote:
woodburry09 wrote:

Nice quote Woodbury. Talk about "looking past" teams.

I stopped by the RAVE vs Roseville game and know exactly why the RAVE lost. RAVE played clean hockey and several Roseville players - played cheap. Sure there were several defensive errors that the good Roseville players took advantage of - but I was really disappointed in the crap I saw on the ice; slashing, interference, tripping, holding, elbows, leg whips and more. Every time one of the faster RAVE players got a breakaway - Roseville couldn't skate with him so they pulled him down from behind. One time a RAVE player got pitchforked so hard by a Roseville player he lifted him off the ice. Even in the NHL -there's a code amongst players - that you just don't do that.

Nice style of play!

So the cheap team won today - FEEL PROUD!
Roseville came to play today and they played well. We weren't able to adjust to their physical style of play and they capitalized on their opportunities which teams need to do during playoff time. Good luck to them the rest of the way.
MetroScout

Post by MetroScout »

UNDlars wrote:
MetroScout wrote:
woodburry09 wrote: Hey Lars, you call it physical... I saw it as cheap. I agree that Roseville hit the ice hungry. And there were several RAVE mistakes that they capitalized on - but you must admit you guys played a clean game and they certainly did not. Question - how many of your guys were injured by the end of the game? And even though there were a lot of penalties called - Roseville got away with at least 15 (tempo/game changing) others that I saw.

It reminded me of the Hill-Murray vs. Roseau game.

You're a class coach - but I saw what I saw. I know it was getting to your players. You have a solid team that got a bad bounce today.
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

woodburry09 wrote:

Alittle mouthy for first post.
Sauce2122

Post by Sauce2122 »

wow woodburry09, you guys didnt look cocky enough at the banquet when you said you where going to beat everyone in state, but you have to go and make a fool of yourselves by saying crap like that. Rave had the toughest first round game, Roseville was ranked either 3rd or 4rth all year long. It was an unlucky draw for them to get roseville the first game. and the way you guys play wont work as well againts roseville as it did agains WBL, because they play they same way.

Nice job putting a giant target on your backs and making you the private school everyone wants to lose in the tournament.
SEChockeyfan08

Post by SEChockeyfan08 »

Just keep runnin your mouth sauce. thats the only thing you know how to do. The target on Woodbury's back really worked well for White Bear, who actually beat you guys.
MetroScout

Post by MetroScout »

Anyone hear any of the JGB scores from games so far today? I'm at the JGA playoffs.

It's funny how the right side of the JGB brackets worked out... you have the cheap teams (Woodbury & Roseville) playing each other and the more skilled teams (Edina & Lakeville) playing each other.
freighttrain

Post by freighttrain »

MetroScout wrote:Anyone hear any of the JGB scores from games so far today? I'm at the JGA playoffs.

It's funny how the right side of the JGB brackets worked out... you have the cheap teams (Woodbury & Roseville) playing each other and the more skilled teams (Edina & Lakeville) playing each other.

I dont think you can think of Roseville as a cheap team just because of yesterdays game against the RAVE. Roseville had one less fair play point than Edina and scored 135 goals in the Metro.

RAVE last year at state had to play Tartan who was ranked in the top 3 most of the season in the first round and won. Now again this season they have to play a top ranked team for most of the season the first round and lose. That #1 seed the last two years has had a very tough draw for the first game due to upsets in the MHL playoffs.
SEChockeyfan08

Post by SEChockeyfan08 »

Roseville beat woodbury 4-2 with an empty netter. Both teams played very well. woodbury was unable to win again because of their few hot head players who insist on taking dumb penalties.
UNDlars

Post by UNDlars »

White Bear-Orange 3
RAVE...2 OT

Buffalo 7
Wayzata 0

Roseville 4
Woodbury 2

Lakeville 2
Edina 0

White Bear-Orange vs Buffalo for consolation (12pm)
Woodbury vs Edina for 3rd (2pm)
Roseville vs Lakeville for the championship (2pm)
MetroScout

Post by MetroScout »

freighttrain wrote:
MetroScout wrote:Anyone hear any of the JGB scores from games so far today? I'm at the JGA playoffs.

I dont think you can think of Roseville as a cheap team just because of yesterdays game against the RAVE. Roseville had one less fair play point than Edina and scored 135 goals in the Metro.

RAVE last year at state had to play Tartan who was ranked in the top 3 most of the season in the first round and won. Now again this season they have to play a top ranked team for most of the season the first round and lose. That #1 seed the last two years has had a very tough draw for the first game due to upsets in the MHL playoffs.
It was the first time I saw Roseville play this year - and a few of their guys were cheap. There's no debate about it. And some of the infractions were done with intent to injure. Granted it was only a few of their players and not the whole team. I REALLY don't like seeing cheap (dangerous) play. I've had too many friends careers end because of it - so it's a sensitive subject to me.

As for RAVE getting a tough draw - I hear what you're saying but teams need to be able to beat whomever makes it into the playoffs. But you're right - there's no way that Roseville was the 8th seed in those teams. And they've proved that by going to the championships.
WhatIsIcing?

Post by WhatIsIcing? »

woodburry09 wrote:Woodburry is easily going to take state and is going to walk all over the other teams. We are a machine!!!!
I guess your "machine" broke down last night, woodburry. So much for walking all over Roseville.

I, for one, am glad to see you didn't make it to the final. Though your team has played much better in this tournament than I've seen in the past. Funny, your number 27 never seems to make it through a full game.
Sauce2122

Post by Sauce2122 »

Good luck to Buffalo and Edina today. You two teams are the best class acts after a game, no crap in the line or anything, buffalo for sure, the guy you had that came in our locker room was tight, all positive conversaition. You dont see that alot. Even though edina shouldnt have a problem with woodburry, good luck to you guys and WBL as well.