Duluth East @ Elk River: 7AA Final

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Winner?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:17 pm

Sarsland
42%
Randolph
58%

Total votes: 55

floppin fish

Post by floppin fish »

The only silly thing is driving 2.5 hrs to beat East!!!
ELKS 3 - Puppy Dogs 1
joycer10

Post by joycer10 »

I think it's time the Elks make another trip down to the X for the big show

Elks 4
Hounds 3
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

floppin fish wrote:The only silly thing is driving 2.5 hrs to beat East!!!
ELKS 3 - Puppy Dogs 1
Actually I thought the silly thing happened last year, when the Elks came down 2 days early, and STILL got smoked by Tardy and Company. javascript:emoticon(':-
Go Hounds.
Northland Dominance

Post by Northland Dominance »

floppin fish wrote:The only silly thing is driving 2.5 hrs to beat East!!!
ELKS 3 - Puppy Dogs 1
gamer19

Post by gamer19 »

EHSHack wrote:In what could be Randolph's final section game, Hounds 4 Elks 3.

Where is he going? Do you know something nobody else does?
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

gamer19 wrote:
EHSHack wrote:In what could be Randolph's final section game, Hounds 4 Elks 3.

Where is he going? Do you know something nobody else does?
All of the Duluth public schools' coaches need to re-apply for their jobs after this year due to the closure of Central.

There has always been a rather vocal anti-Randolph camp on the east side of Duluth, so there is a chance something might happen.

There's nothing more to it than that, though.
DHMN

Post by DHMN »

It could make for an interesting debate when they decide who their coaches will be.. they already decided in the past week or two that the two high schools will keep their Denfeld and East names...
slyer

Post by slyer »

n.d is smoking the good stuff, making franke look silly they already tried it twice this year and FAILED. you and dhb must be smoking together because they better team is elk river, you can put the top 4 goal scorers for de together and it won't add up to what jaremko has done by himself, good luck scoring. now we can hear about how many fans there were for de and how few for elk river, i saw how many faithful puppy fans there were in elk river, get this section final out of the dump and make it fair for everyone, section 8 does it. jump on puppy fans
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

Elks have one very tough line with Jaremko who is extremely good. Can East counter that line? Should be a good battle, picking East on the familiar ice 3-2.
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

slyer wrote:n.d is smoking the good stuff, making franke look silly they already tried it twice this year and FAILED. you and dhb must be smoking together because they better team is elk river, you can put the top 4 goal scorers for de together and it won't add up to what jaremko has done by himself, good luck scoring. now we can hear about how many fans there were for de and how few for elk river, i saw how many faithful puppy fans there were in elk river, get this section final out of the dump and make it fair for everyone, section 8 does it. jump on puppy fans
Hmm was there a secret game you watched and no one else? Because DE and ER only played once this year, and it was a tight 3-2 game. Jojo is hot, the Hounds can score and play the body.
Go Hounds.
slyer

Post by slyer »

looking at the elk schedule the 11-27-09 game at duluth heritage arena is what i'm talking about , i think it was 2-1 another game that east made franke look silly, i still love that one!!
mnhockeynemn

Post by mnhockeynemn »

Should be a great game, I would really like to see Duluth East represent the north and section 7AA at state. Good Luck Hounds!
Northern Minnesota, Now that's real Hockey!
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

slyer wrote:looking at the elk schedule the 11-27-09 game at duluth heritage arena is what i'm talking about , i think it was 2-1 another game that east made franke look silly, i still love that one!!
Well considering East's first game was on December 1st, I must wonder what exactly YOU are smoking.
Go Hounds.
slyer

Post by slyer »

must be a mistake :wink: :wink:
Toews is god 19

Post by Toews is god 19 »

elks 4-0
wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

EDIT:

I already gave a prediction....
Always celly hard.
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

Go get 'em, Hounds!!!
breakout

Post by breakout »

I should start a poll.

Yes or No, does Duluth have one of the easiest paths to the state tournament year in and year out?

Compared to some sections, undoubtably.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

breakout wrote:I should start a poll.

Yes or No, does Duluth have one of the easiest paths to the state tournament year in and year out?

Maybe they should realign so Eden Prairie can be in 7AA :mrgreen:

But you all can't be getting lost outside the Metro on your way up to Duluth for the 7AA semifinals.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
BigWorm

Post by BigWorm »

Its not an easy path, there may not be a lot of top 10 rated teams, but I would say from top to bottom it is a pretty tough section, the last two years it has been a lot weaker, but "year in and year out".... I don't think so. Rapids and Cloquet have had very good teams over the last five years. So this year maybe but "year in and year out", no way.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Just a few years ago there were 4 elite teams in 7AA. They've had plenty of challengers over the past decade, and those challengers have had some pretty good success against East.

Also, I'd say that perception has a lot to do with East, and not its competition. East has been a factor on the state level every year for the past 15, maybe 20 years, no exceptions; even in '99 when they were the 4th seed, they still went 18-6. Can any other program in the state claim that? Edina, Jefferson, Roseau...they've all had their down years. Even Hill had a losing record at some point in the last decade. Moorhead is probably the only other team that could come close. Because East is so consistently good, it seems like the path is easy; this year is considered a "rebuilding year" by the Hounds' standards, and they're still playing for a section title. If they were dominating a weak section and falling off at state, that would be one thing, but they've got 8 top-3 finishes in their last 11 tourney trips, and the other 7AA teams that have gone (other than Cloquet) have had some success too.

Well, it's game night tomorrow night. I have to admit I did not expect a State Tourney berth this year. Go prove me a cynic, Hounds.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

karl(east) wrote:

Just a few years ago there were 4 elite teams in 7AA. They've had plenty of challengers over the past decade, and those challengers have had some pretty good success against East.

Also, I'd say that perception has a lot to do with East, and not its competition. East has been a factor on the state level every year for the past 15, maybe 20 years, no exceptions; even in '99 when they were the 4th seed, they still went 18-6. Can any other program in the state claim that? Edina, Jefferson, Roseau...they've all had their down years. Even Hill had a losing record at some point in the last decade. Moorhead is probably the only other team that could come close. Because East is so consistently good, it seems like the path is easy; this year is considered a "rebuilding year" by the Hounds' standards, and they're still playing for a section title. If they were dominating a weak section and falling off at state, that would be one thing, but they've got 8 top-3 finishes in their last 11 tourney trips, and the other 7AA teams that have gone (other than Cloquet) have had some success too.

Well, it's game night tomorrow night. I have to admit I did not expect a State Tourney berth this year. Go prove me a cynic, Hounds.
And Randolph has to apply for the Head job?
Youngblood10

Post by Youngblood10 »

I haven't had a chance to see Anders Franke play yet, how good is he? Somebody that knows him really well told me that he's been contacted by the Gophers already...Is that legit?
slyer

Post by slyer »

hopefully he will be outstanding tonight and help the elks get to state, as far as the gophs, who knows don't believe everything you hear. all i can say is he started as a freshman and has played almost every minute in the nets since. as far as easts easy path, make it so they DON'T have home ice advantage every year and there path would be much tougher. something NEEDS to be done, i didn't see section 8 being played in roseau or moorhead. get this final out of this old dirty dump
mnhockeynemn

Post by mnhockeynemn »

Good Luck East, I'll say 4-3 win. Would like 7AA to be a northern team since rapids, and cloquet are out.
Northern Minnesota, Now that's real Hockey!