Edina vs AHA Who would win?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Edina vs AHA

AHA
79%
Edina
21%

Total votes: 70

HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Level the playing field? Not to change the topic, but the gophers are by far the best team in D1 hockey, getting 40 of the 40 1st place votes for the last 4 weeks I think. What should we do with them? Have them play the pro teams for the national title because they happen to be better than everyone else?

That doesn't make sense? If a team is the best, they deserve to show it and win, why make an excuse and bring someone better in?

If you wanna see them play Shattuck show up at Richfield Ice Arena at 7:30 on Saturday January 27th. Well, I'd show up early.
stars612

Post by stars612 »

HOFamer wrote:after watching Edina early on I began a thread asking if they were a top 5 team...I guess that question has been answered... I do believe AHA would win the game if played now but think Edina might fare better toward the end of the season as their young kids get better. AHA always has a target on their back as any school that recruits hockey players would.... and it is true most hockey fans would love to see them lose...Let's face it.. it is difficult to compete against schools that recruit and the recruiting aspect is taking away what makes HS Sports so great...community. Colleges recruit..High Schools should not...
I understand that everybody on the board hates AHA, but good god, there are other threads to discuss the r word topic. Why do you people ruin every thread by saying stupid stuff and trying to ignite another huge argument. Go beat the dead horse in the Wait Until Lent thread, nobody wants to hear it here.
Third times a charm.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

stars612 wrote:
HOFamer wrote:after watching Edina early on I began a thread asking if they were a top 5 team...I guess that question has been answered... I do believe AHA would win the game if played now but think Edina might fare better toward the end of the season as their young kids get better. AHA always has a target on their back as any school that recruits hockey players would.... and it is true most hockey fans would love to see them lose...Let's face it.. it is difficult to compete against schools that recruit and the recruiting aspect is taking away what makes HS Sports so great...community. Colleges recruit..High Schools should not...
I understand that everybody on the board hates AHA, but good god, there are other threads to discuss the r word topic. Why do you people ruin every thread by saying stupid stuff and trying to ignite another huge argument. Go beat the dead horse in the Wait Until Lent thread, nobody wants to hear it here.
I'm in total agreement. Give the recruiting thing a rest. Mitch or I can always make a thread where you can whine about this until your fingers bleed and nuke any posts which stray into other topics. It was considered last year and it now looks to be a very feasible alternative.

Which is my way of saying, in an almost nice way, get over it.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
wisconsinprephockey

Post by wisconsinprephockey »

Most of you probably think there are to levels in Minnesota Hockey A & AA

However there are actually three:
1. Academy of Holy Angels
2. AA
3. A

Truth is the Stars could probably beat some college teams out there(god knows they could beat the Badgers this year). Fact is Holy Angels are just on a different level this year. Its gonna take one hell of an upset to knock them off their horse.

I'm not even a fan and I'm willing to say that...it just goes to show you how impressive they really are
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

Why is it evey time someone mentions AHA the "R" word has to come out. For the last time, they do not recruit!! It is against the MSHSL rules. They have been investigated and proven that they do not.. End of subject. Go back to the topic that was brought up, if you cannot talk about it, SHUT UP!!!!! You have no idea....

Yes I am pissed, look at all the "know it alls" on this board.

The ealier posts that stated AHA would handle Edina are someone opinion, based on how the teams look. In my eyes I see a pretty good game, maybe not a major blow out but a good game. And yes AHA wins 5 - 2....
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

This would be interesting to see, especially if they can muster a win against Shattuck. If they can, how do you think they'd do against the likes of a Hamline team, or other bad D3 teams?

If they go 28-0 this year, could they possibly be the best high school hockey team ever?
stars612

Post by stars612 »

HShockeywatcher wrote:This would be interesting to see, especially if they can muster a win against Shattuck. If they can, how do you think they'd do against the likes of a Hamline team, or other bad D3 teams?

If they go 28-0 this year, could they possibly be the best high school hockey team ever?
Stop talking about them going undefeated. No jinxing...

Shattuck looks very good this year... talk about upset if they get beat by AHA.
Third times a charm.
CrossbarandIn99

Post by CrossbarandIn99 »

HShockeywatcher wrote:This would be interesting to see, especially if they can muster a win against Shattuck. If they can, how do you think they'd do against the likes of a Hamline team, or other bad D3 teams?

Id say the Jefferson team of 93-94? or 92-93? would be better..but who knows
Zinger13

Post by Zinger13 »

I for one would really enjoy watching this game between the two best teams in the state right now. (My opinion anyway)

Edina 6
AHA 5

I give the edge to Edina because I think they have better goaltending.
THEGunslinger

Post by THEGunslinger »

HShockeywatcher wrote:Level the playing field? Not to change the topic, but the gophers are by far the best team in D1 hockey, getting 40 of the 40 1st place votes for the last 4 weeks I think. What should we do with them? Have them play the pro teams for the national title because they happen to be better than everyone else?

That doesn't make sense? If a team is the best, they deserve to show it and win, why make an excuse and bring someone better in?

If you wanna see them play Shattuck show up at Richfield Ice Arena at 7:30 on Saturday January 27th. Well, I'd show up early.
You said it... I didnt.... This is exactly my point... Minnesota should be the best team week in and week out... they get the best players to come and play, and they should. Take any college sport.. top programs end up with the top players. And with that they sould win.. or be at the top.

I dont want to make this about the big "R" but how is it that year in and year out they end up with the top kids? Thats my question... and hey lets not forget that AHA coach was fined $1500 bucks for the big "R" a few years back... just ask the Jefferson fans what they think of him. Now.. I dont want this to be just a dig on him, for it happens at many schools... but lets NEVER compare college and High School... I think the second that is done, then you have lambasted yourself.... I too agree that after the new rule for transfers you will absolutely see the private schools come back to the pack. And, if you dont.. then I will surely admit I was wrong, I have no problem with that... I guess only time will tell!

Da Slinger
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

Again talk about something you know about. He was not fined for recruiting. Write about what you know, it is in your name - slinger.......
THEGunslinger

Tisk Tisk

Post by THEGunslinger »

Zam buddy... I know more than you think... maybe you should check with the MSHL....

Da Slinger 8)
wisconsinprephockey

Post by wisconsinprephockey »

Zinger13 wrote:I give the edge to Edina because I think they have better goaltending.
Serious??

The better goaltending really worked out for Jack Hanna and Centennial right?
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

wisconsinprephockey wrote:
Zinger13 wrote:I give the edge to Edina because I think they have better goaltending.
Serious??

The better goaltending really worked out for Jack Hanna and Centennial right?
Are you saying AHA doesn't need good goaltending?

I wouldn't give AHA any title yet. Edina and a handful of other teams certainly could beat them. AHA is good, but they're not head and shoulders above the rest.
slapshooter

6,010th post by SS since Feb 28th 2002

Post by slapshooter »

If Duncan gets lucky MImage Image RHEAD'll CL :shock: BBER 'em!

SImage S
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

I deleted what I wrote. Slinger is just like my ex-wife.... slinger is always right whether they are correct or not.
Last edited by Zamman on Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slapshooter

6,011th post by SS since Feb 28th 2002

Post by slapshooter »

That's right slinger!

Don't mess with ZAMMAN ! [-X

SImage S
slapshooter

6,012th post by SS since Feb 28th 2002

Post by slapshooter »

W :shock: W ! slingers a g :oops: il?

By the way, :?

I show support for ZAMMAN and then he deletes his p :-# st that

caused me to lend my support to him?
8-[

TANKS ALOT ! [-(

SImage S
Zinger13

Post by Zinger13 »

What is the recruiting process for a HS coach anyway?

Coach Trebil if you are online, please explain to all of us how you continue to get it done year after year :lol:

Let me ask you this, if AHA does not recruit, why would two goaltenders leave their programs knowing that there were (I think) 2 returning goaltenders trying out along with 7 others (9 total) trying out for two spots? If I was either one of these kids I don't think I would be willing to take the chance of getting cut leaving me with nowhere to play without knowing in advance that I would make the team. Funny thing, those two kids left their programs and both of them made the team.

This must just be a coincidence because we all know that AHA does not recruit :wink:
Neutron 14

Re: 6,012th post by SS since Feb 28th 2002

Post by Neutron 14 »

slapshooter wrote:W :shock: W ! slingers a g :oops: il?
I was wondering whose "wrong button" you were trying to push...Image
gopherhockey33

Post by gopherhockey33 »

that doesnt mean they recruit. if youve ever met trebs you would think they definatley dont recruit trust me. he doesnt even let his players talk to other players from other schools about going to aha b/c that is technically recruiting. i know both varsity goalies faily well and they came to aha because they want a championship, plain and simple! they also go to aha because its a better school. peoples parents wouldnt let their kids go play hockey after being recruited for 10,000 bucks!
Last edited by gopherhockey33 on Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slapshooter

6,013th post by SS since Feb 28th 2002

Post by slapshooter »

Well ZAMMAN said that slinger is "just like his ex-wife"! :-k

SImage S
THEGunslinger

ok..... I surrender!

Post by THEGunslinger »

Its obvious that no matter what I will say that it will change nothing... Its all about perspective... I will simply keep mine to myself! Taking rips at me, though it may make you feel better, only fuels my fire!

I will simply say watch for the private schools come back to the pack if you see the transfer rule change. If it doesnt, then I guess we all have to accept the situation as it is, flawed or not!

Da Slinger
slapshooter

6,015th post by SS since Feb 28th 2002

Post by slapshooter »

I was just about to reverse my support in favor of the slinger b(_!_)tt

then she "surrenders"??
:shock:

TANKS ALOT ! :^o [-( :^o

SImage S
stars612

Post by stars612 »

gopherhockey33 wrote:that doesnt mean they recruit. if youve ever met trebs you would think they definatley dont recruit trust me. he doesnt even let his players talk to other players from other schools about going to aha b/c that is technically recruiting. i know both varsity goalies faily well and they came to aha because they want a championship, plain and simple! they also go to aha because its a better school. peoples parents wouldnt let their kids go play hockey after being recruited for 10,000 bucks!
I agree. And whoever said that the goalies were leaving places where they would play were wrong. Webb left Shattuck because he would not play. He had no chance of making the prep team, and from what I have heard from former teammates, would not have played very much on the team he was on. Boerger left Burnsville exactly as gopherhockey33 said, because he wanted to play on a team that was in contention for a championship... he jumped ship on a floundering Blaze program where he had no chance at state. He had no idea if he was going to make it or not. Trebil does not have to recruit talent... their record does it for them.

And as for Da Slingers earlier post... The new rule change will not have a huge impact on private schools. All it will result in is players playing JV freshman year instead of playing bantams.

Fact of the matter is, Trebs had no prior contact with these players before they were attending AHA, and none of you have anything that proves otherwise.
Third times a charm.