RAPIDS JG

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Reggie

Post by Reggie »

Congrats to Rapids!
Dan Druff

Post by Dan Druff »

Reggie wrote:Congrats to Rapids!
im on edina JGA and i agree, you guys played one hell of a game/tourney. we didnt expect a game at all and you guys played us to the wire. its to bad the refs were bad in all games, the call in OT was weak...we got really weak calls in the cenntential game too. great weekend
The Milk Man

Post by The Milk Man »

All i got to say is wow sportsmanship in JG. THe world is changing lol. Its good to see Rapids JG get some support they are hated by the community the refs and most likely the arena. So nice comment
GR3343

Post by GR3343 »

The Milk Man wrote:All i got to say is wow sportsmanship in JG. THe world is changing lol. Its good to see Rapids JG get some support they are hated by the community the refs and most likely the arena. So nice comment
Don't generalize the GR community, please. There's plenty of people that still showed great support. Those players aren't mistreated by anyone that I know of. They're a good bunch and are treated as such. Congratulations on a good run at the state tourney. I personally only got to see the Edina game, but I came away impressed with their play, and in the reports I got on the other games, I heard nothing but good things.
Character is who you are when no one is watching
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

Dan Druff wrote:
Reggie wrote:Congrats to Rapids!
im on edina JGA and i agree, you guys played one hell of a game/tourney. we didnt expect a game at all and you guys played us to the wire. its to bad the refs were bad in all games, the call in OT was weak...we got really weak calls in the cenntential game too. great weekend
Nice, it takes a true sportsman to say what you said, congrats to you guys on a great season also!
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

The Milk Man wrote:All i got to say is wow sportsmanship in JG. THe world is changing lol. Its good to see Rapids JG get some support they are hated by the community the refs and most likely the arena. So nice comment
Quit typing BS :!: That crap you put on here can't be farther from the truth!
The Milk Man

Post by The Milk Man »

I dont think its crap i played junior gold in rapids. I agree that not the whole community looks down on them but a good few do. I will stick by my word about the refs though they would love to see junior gold gone in rapids.
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

The Milk Man wrote:I dont think its crap i played junior gold in rapids. I agree that not the whole community looks down on them but a good few do. I will stick by my word about the refs though they would love to see junior gold gone in rapids.
I think the supporters heavily out weigh the haters, look at the support on a Friday afternoon, people there on there lunch break or taking a half day off, young kids missing school and actually watching the game. I talked to Joe Stejskal at the game, Trent Klatt was there to watch. I thought it was a great weekend for Grand Rapids JG'S! Thanks mostly to Jim Morlan, if he wasn't the coach the last 10 years there might not have been a JG team.
The Milk Man

Post by The Milk Man »

Yeah Jim is a great guy he fights so much for that program.
mama's boy

Post by mama's boy »

Mr. Morlan is there to coach because he loves the game and the kids.