Cloquet VS Brainerd Jan 2nd

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

'Jacks stay undefeated

Yes
76%
No
24%

Total votes: 55

MNRinkRat

Post by MNRinkRat »

What time does the Varsity game start at? Are the JV teams playing each other?
nhl06

Post by nhl06 »

quickgym guy wrote:Brainerd doesn't have the firepower to put four past Reid...
Cloquet doesn't have the firepower to put four past Snider...well maybe they do....but they won't put up four goals on 1/2.

Snider will not need the SPF 50 quick gym....i don't think the red light will burn him from going off just once or twice, like you said in an earlier post
DSID
casualfan

Post by casualfan »

NHL06 Time for Brainerd to wake up. Have you ever heard of the phrase let sleeping dog lie? All of this Brainerd this and Brainerd that reminds me of years gone by when Sandy Smith and the Smith clan came to St.Cloud to get respect and ended up with father/son fighting in the stands. I wish Brainerd well and hope they compete for state tourney appearance in 7AA, but until you get there shut up and continue to play hard. By yapping every chance you get will elimiante any chance of teams overlooking you or looking ahead to next palyoff game.

As for Cloquets inability to score, did you bump your head over the week-end Tyler Johnson could get 4 alone!
hockeyfanatic99

Well Put!

Post by hockeyfanatic99 »

Couldn't have said it better. The game is played on the ice; not on paper and certainly not on the internet. I think the best advice for the Brainerd team is to skate quietly and carry a big stick! All this chatter serves no purpose but to incite the opposition and paint a bigger target on a team that is much more humble than its fans!
casualfan

Post by casualfan »

Couldn't have agreed more whole heartedly. Brainerd for advice on being humble go talk to your head Baseball Coach Lowell Searcy and he could teach you a thing or two about this topic .
MNRinkRat

Post by MNRinkRat »

I could use some help. On one site it says the game starts at 7:30 but on another it says it starts at 5:30, could anyone tell me when the varsity game starts. I'm making the trip up to watch the game.
gr19

Post by gr19 »

casualfan wrote:NHL06 Time for Brainerd to wake up. Have you ever heard of the phrase let sleeping dog lie? All of this Brainerd this and Brainerd that reminds me of years gone by when Sandy Smith and the Smith clan came to St.Cloud to get respect and ended up with father/son fighting in the stands. I wish Brainerd well and hope they compete for state tourney appearance in 7AA, but until you get there shut up and continue to play hard. By yapping every chance you get will elimiante any chance of teams overlooking you or looking ahead to next palyoff game.

As for Cloquets inability to score, did you bump your head over the week-end Tyler Johnson could get 4 alone!
Exactly. Brainerd fans have done this for years on this board. A few nice wins in the regular season and their fans act like they have more state title banners than International Falls. Then every year they lose in the quarterfinals, I think once in the last 7 years they went to the semi-finals. The year they went to the semi's their fans were saying they were gonna stomp Rapids at the DECC, and GR won the game 7-1. The Warriors gotta learn you can't play at the same level in the playoffs as you do in the regular season.
Syd Barrett

Post by Syd Barrett »

Hey GR19 :-({|= it looks like the holiday niceties are over :-s

Syd 8)
northwoods oldtimer

Brainerd

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

There you go again GR stirring the pot with the Shady Bunch from the Brainerd Hockey Town USA. You better tone it down or there will be no drinks for you at Shep's on future chickenhawk visits to pulp town of the mid state.
Stir the pot and the boys will look to take you to the wood shed.
boblee

Post by boblee »

Hey wondering what Radio stations this game can be found on? Both out of Cloquet and Brainerd. Also wondering if there will be a web broadcast.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

boblee wrote:Hey wondering what Radio stations this game can be found on? Both out of Cloquet and Brainerd. Also wondering if there will be a web broadcast.
WKLK doesn't do a webcast; not sure if any Brainerd stations do.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
East Hockey Puck

Post by East Hockey Puck »

Wow, the Hawk fans accusing the Warriar fans of being a little self righteous! The proverbial pot calling the kettle black or maybe BLUE
Syd Barrett

Post by Syd Barrett »

boblee wrote:Hey wondering what Radio stations this game can be found on? Both out of Cloquet and Brainerd. Also wondering if there will be a web broadcast.
KVBR 1340 AM does the games for Brainerd :) Hopefully we'll get a feed from Cloquet so we won't have to listen to Curley Howard and Soupy Sales do the game #-o No web broadcast that I'm aware of :(

Syd 8)
boblee

Post by boblee »

So it's KDAL-online for the East/ER game and the radio for the Brainerd/Cloquet
Morris Wanchuk

HA py NE wy EA r

Post by Morris Wanchuk »

Syd Barrett wrote:Hey GR19 :-({|= it looks like the holiday niceties are over :-s

Syd 8)
You can take the boy out of Grand Rapids, but you can't take the Grand Rapids out of the boy.

:D
boblee

Re: HA py NE wy EA r

Post by boblee »

Morris Wanchuk wrote:
Syd Barrett wrote:Hey GR19 :-({|= it looks like the holiday niceties are over :-s

Syd 8)
You can take the boy out of Grand Rapids, but you can't take the Grand Rapids out of the boy.

:D
Exactly the case with Mr. 19
Frequent_MN_Flyer

Post by Frequent_MN_Flyer »

Grand Rapids not nice? Have you not seen the Sammy's Pizza commercials?

"It's a family tradition!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
nhl06

Post by nhl06 »

1340AM out of Brainerd SHOULD carry this one...but they did miss the first Schwan's game, and they didn't go to GR ...so who knows

GR19 stick to debating about your own teams...let us talk how we may on this forum...Tyler Johnson is SICK (hence why he is going to Colorado College) i am well aware he can put up four goals, BUT i just think Landon Snider will play a GREAT game in net for the Warriors...should be a Great game!!
DSID
casualfan

Post by casualfan »

I agree how is the eye infection- i heard he was still having issues?
gr19

Post by gr19 »

Syd 8)
Sensitive.
Syd Barrett

Post by Syd Barrett »

GR19 wrote:Sensitive.
Hey GR19 :-({|= no more lap dances for you at the Saratoga come playoff time :lol:

Syd 8)
BIAFP

Post by BIAFP »

Syd Barrett wrote:
GR19 wrote:Sensitive.
Hey GR19 :-({|= no more lap dances for you at the Saratoga come playoff time :lol:

Syd 8)
GR19 has been spoiled at the Great Alaskan B... Company!
gr19

Post by gr19 »

I know you're just joking, but I would never go there in the first place. I'm not a pervert. Those places are degrading to women. Guys who go to those places will never know what true love with a woman really is.

Anyways, back on topic a bit. I'm suprised Minnesota didn't pursue Tyler Johnson. Colorado College will definetly be a better team with him.

Hope some of you Barnyard fans go to that game tonight. The CARC is a fun place to watch HS puck.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

boblee wrote:So it's KDAL-online for the East/ER game and the radio for the Brainerd/Cloquet
I'll be listening on the net to East-Elk.
Keep us posted on the CEC-Brainerd game here.
I'm 30 miles north of Green Bay, bad radio reception.
Syd Barrett

Post by Syd Barrett »

grindiangrad-80 wrote:I'm 30 miles north of Green Bay, bad radio reception.
Hey grindiangrad-80, it sounds like your darn near a yooper eh :mrgreen: How's Da Escanaba Eskymos doin' in hockey this year :?:

I know you're just joking, but I would never go there in the first place. I'm not a pervert. Those places are degrading to women. Guys who go to those places will never know what true love with a woman really is.
Hey GR19 :-({|= I'm gonna' have to change your Emoticon to GR19 O:)

Syd 8)