Edina vs AHA Who would win?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Edina vs AHA

AHA
79%
Edina
21%

Total votes: 70

gostars4

Post by gostars4 »

i just wanna say that holy angels does not recruit. chase polacek went to the same private middle school as i did and over half the grade goes to aha. danny mattson went to a private school right next to aha. john haeg's dad played on the aha hockey team when he was a high schooler. im pretty sure that if you live in an area where u can go to a top program like AHA and your public school is not very good you are going to want to go there
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

Slapshooter, I removed my post beause it would have just caused more controversy... I apologize.

Just for the record, Trebil does not post on this board. I know this for a fact, that would be against his principles. He does however read them occasionally.
As I am sure most coaches and their families do.... I know this also for a fact because I posted something I had heard about a prominent coach and his sister sent me a very nasty email.....
Last edited by Zamman on Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stars612

Post by stars612 »

gostars4 wrote:i just wanna say that holy angels does not recruit. chase polacek went to the same private middle school as i did and over half the grade goes to aha. danny mattson went to a private school right next to aha. john haeg's dad played on the aha hockey team when he was a high schooler. im pretty sure that if you live in an area where u can go to a top program like AHA and your public school is not very good you are going to want to go there
Not to mention Keske and Morris went the private middle schools, St. Johns I believe, not 100% sure of the school. Webb as everybody knows went to Shattuck, a private school. Britton Smith went to Blessed Trinity in Richfield (next door to AHA), along with his sister who is the star of the girls team (just FYI), Mark DeLude went to a Christ the King in MPLS.
Third times a charm.
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

Smith has a younger brother on the JV (Freshman), Raskob came out of the private school in Hastings, his mother from Christ the King in Mpls. Jimmy Kilpatrick (03) came out of the priivate in New Prague I am sure we can go on and on.....
wisconsinprephockey

Post by wisconsinprephockey »

Neutron 14 wrote:
wisconsinprephockey wrote:
Zinger13 wrote:I give the edge to Edina because I think they have better goaltending.
Serious??

The better goaltending really worked out for Jack Hanna and Centennial right?
Are you saying AHA doesn't need good goaltending?

I wouldn't give AHA any title yet. Edina and a handful of other teams certainly could beat them. AHA is good, but they're not head and shoulders above the rest.
Never said AHA doesn't need good goaltending, all I was saying is Centennial had the advantage in the net but that doesn't mean AHA is going to be shut-down
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

I wouldn't give AHA any title yet.

I agree with this 100 percent. There is still a lot of hockey this year....
wisconsinprephockey

Post by wisconsinprephockey »

Nobodys giving AHA the title yet.

Go back to page one, read the topic and the question that was posed. That is what we are talking about.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Zamman,
What was he fined for?

Not to talk about it like everyone says, but there are many things that could be recruiting and wouldn't be. In my mind recruiting would be me as a coach going and telling you that I want you on my team. BUT if I as a player say "hey, maybe winning is what I'd like to do AND get a good education maybe I should look at Holy Angels" If I do this, and while I'm looking at it talk to the coach(es) and he says I might be a good fit. Is that recruiting? Just curious where the line is crossed. Everyone throws it around and I'm sure everyone has their own definition of what it is....
gostars4

Post by gostars4 »

stars 612:Not to mention Keske and Morris went the private middle schools, St. Johns I believe, not 100% sure of the school. Webb as everybody knows went to Shattuck, a private school. Britton Smith went to Blessed Trinity in Richfield (next door to AHA), along with his sister who is the star of the girls team (just FYI), Mark DeLude went to a Christ the King in MPLS.

morris also went to nativity of mary where polacek went and i went. also notable alumni tommy o' donnel from bloomington jefferson
stars612

Post by stars612 »

gostars4 wrote:stars 612:Not to mention Keske and Morris went the private middle schools, St. Johns I believe, not 100% sure of the school. Webb as everybody knows went to Shattuck, a private school. Britton Smith went to Blessed Trinity in Richfield (next door to AHA), along with his sister who is the star of the girls team (just FYI), Mark DeLude went to a Christ the King in MPLS.

morris also went to nativity of mary where polacek went and i went. also notable alumni tommy o' donnel from bloomington jefferson
Oh yeah, it was Nativity not St. Johns... sorry.

Anyway to add to the list, Jay Barriball's sister went to AHA long before Jay did.
Third times a charm.
slapshooter

6,016th post by SS since Feb 28th 2002

Post by slapshooter »

Well ZAMMAN has always been one of the most sensible posters on the board with respect to his approach to the representation of his team but he was here when we first grabbed this bull by the horns more than a few years ago and he knows as well as I know that all AHA has to do is drop in the rankings with a loss or two and no one will care whether they recruit or not any more than they care if Holy Rosary or whoever else that might be out of the loop in regards to any State Championship chances do because they will take aim at the public school that replaces them at #1 just like they did when the SPImage DS were #1 a couple of years back! (deep breath)

WARRImage AD TOO!

Some of you new guys are giving a gallant effort in the interest of defending AHA but you might as well get used to the fact that you'll rarely change the mind of the envious [-( fan in Minnesota!

In fact, they'll be layin' in the weeds for Y :shock: U from here on out! :twisted:

LImage :twisted: E, SLImage PSHImage Image TER.

(...a legend in his Image wn mind...)
gopherhockey33

Post by gopherhockey33 »

i would put my money on aha

aha wins 4-1
All-Star99

Post by All-Star99 »

](*,) if you didnt recruit your whole team you would be as good as prior lake......you cheaters!
Since95

Post by Since95 »

I'd definatly put my money on AHA. They have a great team this year and it showed in the Schwan Cup. Although, I seem to remember a Hornet team a few years back that gave a championship team from Lino Lakes their only loss and they have a much better team this year than they did that year...I guess we wait and until lent...
casualfan

Post by casualfan »

AHA looked pretty unstoppable, but they need to remember last year's sections can happen again if they overlook teams!
woody22

Post by woody22 »

Edina's sophomore line grew up and played with Webb through Peewees and in 2nd year Bantams played him and beat his team twice when he was at Shattuck, with 12 goals in two games by that one line. They know how to play and score on him which would make the game very interesting.
stars612

Post by stars612 »

woody22 wrote:Edina's sophomore line grew up and played with Webb through Peewees and in 2nd year Bantams played him and beat his team twice when he was at Shattuck, with 12 goals in two games by that one line. They know how to play and score on him which would make the game very interesting.
So AHA starts Boerger, the one that played great against Hill holding them to 2 goals. AHA has two good goalies who have split time all season so far, even in Schwans.

Also not sure I buy the whole 12 goals thing...
Third times a charm.
RFFalcon22

Post by RFFalcon22 »

wisconsinprephockey wrote:Most of you probably think there are to levels in Minnesota Hockey A & AA

However there are actually three:
1. Academy of Holy Angels
2. AA
3. A

Truth is the Stars could probably beat some college teams out there(god knows they could beat the Badgers this year). Fact is Holy Angels are just on a different level this year. Its gonna take one hell of an upset to knock them off their horse.

I'm not even a fan and I'm willing to say that...it just goes to show you how impressive they really are
Do you really think they could beat a college team? You need to come down a bit off of the high horse and start looking at things a little more realistically. The school is in the twin cities area, yet you still play in a conference with schools way out of the cities, hence the reason your players pile up so many points every year. I'm not saying they're not a good team...they're a very good team! I just wonder what some other teams around the state would be like if some of these kids showed a little loyalty and stuck with the programs they grew up playing for.
gopherhockey33

Post by gopherhockey33 »

stars, webb did get lit up by edina last year! he told me and i was at one of the games. even though he didnt play his best, his D were terrible and edina was unstoppable last year, plain and simple. im sorry but the centennial,ep, and blaine games were flukes
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

gopherhockey33 wrote: edina was unstoppable last year, plain and simple. im sorry but the centennial,ep, and blaine games were flukes
Unstoppable, yet they were stopped three times. Heh!

Edina and Centennial have had a lot of close games over the last couple of years, with Centennial coming up short all but the last time. I wouldn't call it a fluke...
Ankles Pierre, Jr.

Re: 6,016th post by SS since Feb 28th 2002

Post by Ankles Pierre, Jr. »

slapshooter wrote:Some of you new guys are giving a gallant effort in the interest of defending AHA but you might as well get used to the fact that you'll rarely change the mind of the envious [-( fan in Minnesota!
Amen, Slappy! Out of an alleged 2600+ posts, that might be the first that made sense!
slapshooter wrote:In fact, they'll be layin' in the weeds for Y :shock: U from here on out! :twisted:
Well, AP will just have to guard his ankles from Snakes, won't he!
BIAFP

Re: 6,016th post by SS since Feb 28th 2002

Post by BIAFP »

Ankles Pierre, Jr. wrote:
slapshooter wrote:Some of you new guys are giving a gallant effort in the interest of defending AHA but you might as well get used to the fact that you'll rarely change the mind of the envious [-( fan in Minnesota!
Amen, Slappy! Out of an alleged 2600+ posts, that might be the first that made sense!
slapshooter wrote:In fact, they'll be layin' in the weeds for Y :shock: U from here on out! :twisted:
Well, AP will just have to guard his ankles from Snakes, won't he!
Ankles Pierre!
Last edited by BIAFP on Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slapshooter

6,028th post by SS since Feb 28th 2002

Post by slapshooter »

:twisted: ~~> See what I mean ? <~~ :twisted:

=D> =D> =D> ~~> SImage S <~~ =D> =D> =D>
Ankles Pierre, Jr.

Re: 6,028th post by SS since Feb 28th 2002

Post by Ankles Pierre, Jr. »

slapshooter wrote:See what I mean ?
Nope.
slapshooter

6.029th post by SS since Feb 28th 2002