lien from CRX

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

ndirishfighting

lien from CRX

Post by ndirishfighting »

I am just curious if Brett Lien is going anywhere.
This kid might be from CRX but he can play. Great hands, smooth skater, nice shot.
Irishmans Shanty

Re: lien from CRX

Post by Irishmans Shanty »

ndirishfighting wrote:.
This kid might be from CRX but he can play.
Quick......someone pull the knife out of my back.
Joey (nine toes) Marcoux

Post by Joey (nine toes) Marcoux »

Got it Mr. Shanty :!:

8)
Irishmans Shanty

Post by Irishmans Shanty »

Thank you "Ole Corner of 2 and 32".

I got the next round.
Joey (nine toes) Marcoux

Post by Joey (nine toes) Marcoux »

Sounds good to me.

:) :) :)
slapshot1222

Post by slapshot1222 »

I agree i think he can definitely make it somewhere.
croxhock

Post by croxhock »

Right now he is undecided on where he's going, but he made team Minnesota to play in the Chicago Showcase, so we'll see what happens from there. Hopefully he is noticed because he's a great player.
MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 »

I wouldn't mind seeing him walk-on to UND a couple years from now. I like how he plays, actually, if he proves himself in juniors he could easily get a partial scholarship. After Chorney, Lee, Finley and Bina are all gone there should be room for a player like Lien.
warriors07

Post by warriors07 »

MNHockey75 wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing him walk-on to UND a couple years from now. I like how he plays, actually, if he proves himself in juniors he could easily get a partial scholarship. After Chorney, Lee, Finley and Bina are all gone there should be room for a player like Lien.
und, are u serious, i'll be real suprised if he plays any higher than the nahl, i don't think he is capable of the ushl, at least not next year
slapshot1222

Post by slapshot1222 »

He made the chicago showcase hes gonna have a lot of USHL scouts looking at him plus he must be good if he made the team minnesota if im not mistaken you have bashed Lien in every thread about him maybe someone is just alittle jelous that a crookston kid is getting more regonized than a warroad kid.
croxhock

Post by croxhock »

Good Point Slapshot, Lien is a great hockey player, he just hasnt gotten the exposure, now with the Chicago Showcase, who knows what will happen next with Brett. Marvin committed to St. Cloud and i'm pretty sure Lien stuck it to him in the games they played against each other.
slapshot1222

Post by slapshot1222 »

ya who knows what will happen from a year or so.
TTpuckster

Lien on me!!!

Post by TTpuckster »

Hope he performs very well at the showcase and he goes on to have a excellent hockey career.

It would be nice to see somebody from Crox do so.

Here is a CHEERS for Mr. Lien!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ndirishfighting

Does anyone know if Lien is going anywhere?
croxhock

Post by croxhock »

He tried out for the Omaha Lancers and it sounded like he had a pretty nice try out, but he hasnt heard back from them yet. The coach of the lancers is from Crookston so maybe that will boost up his chances of making the team, not that he needs the help or anything.
ndirishfighting

where is this kid gonna end up???????
croxhock

Post by croxhock »

lien will be playing for the fargo-moorhead jets this season.
XL energy center

lien

Post by XL energy center »

Yeah lien is a decent player, but not even close to und or anywhere in the wcha. he has good hands and a pretty good shot but when i have seen him player he looks pretty slow and not fast.
northlandpro

Post by northlandpro »

croxhock wrote:He tried out for the Omaha Lancers and it sounded like he had a pretty nice try out, but he hasnt heard back from them yet. The coach of the lancers is from Crookston so maybe that will boost up his chances of making the team, not that he needs the help or anything.
Mike Hastings a Crookston native is in his 14th season as head coach in the USHL. He has never taken a Crookston kid & I predict he never will. :oops: (Brett is maybe the first to even get a look.) The Lien kid is a decent player with good offensive puck skills. He might have positioned himself better if he was more dedicated and hit the weightroom. I see he is rostered with Fargo but has yet to play. If things do not improve soon I would look to get traded ASAP. Does anyone know his status with the Jets? Good luck Brett !
themantheman

Post by themantheman »

It seems to me that the Jets have a large roster compared to all the other teams in the NAHL why would they be holding onto so many kids and yet not play any. for instence Lien,Mcnealy etc if there not good enough just cut them off the team and if i were Lien i would have left the jets a long tme ago. and have went to go play for the alaska avs rumor is they wanted the jets to trade him to alaska.
suntzu

Post by suntzu »

northlandpro wrote:
croxhock wrote:He tried out for the Omaha Lancers and it sounded like he had a pretty nice try out, but he hasnt heard back from them yet. The coach of the lancers is from Crookston so maybe that will boost up his chances of making the team, not that he needs the help or anything.
Mike Hastings a Crookston native is in his 14th season as head coach in the USHL. He has never taken a Crookston kid & I predict he never will. :oops: (Brett is maybe the first to even get a look.) The Lien kid is a decent player with good offensive puck skills. He might have positioned himself better if he was more dedicated and hit the weightroom. I see he is rostered with Fargo but has yet to play. If things do not improve soon I would look to get traded ASAP. Does anyone know his status with the Jets? Good luck Brett !
Hastings is one of the top coaches in the USHL. Before you hammer him for not taking a Crookston kid in his 14 years, ask yourself - how many Crookston kids have been good enough to play at that level during his tenure? The USHL is a business and coaches don't have the luxury of doing favors for kids that are not good enough to play at that level.
croxhock

Post by croxhock »

I dont think anybody was hammering on Hastings, you must have misread the statement. But Brett has had a little playing time with the Jets, and he should be getting alot more, he has the skills to be competing at this level.