top ten sophs next year

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

eagle8

top ten sophs next year

Post by eagle8 »

who will be the top ten sophmores next year?
hky25

Post by hky25 »

walters, schmidt, tyson fulton, jordan johnson enough said
breakout

Post by breakout »

hky25 wrote:walters, schmidt, tyson fulton, jordan johnson enough said
I would agree with that
hky25

Post by hky25 »

o my bad i forgot nick mattson
Blue Breeze

Post by Blue Breeze »

hky25 wrote:o my bad i forgot nick mattson
He'll be in Ann Arbor.
mnhockey22

sophomores

Post by mnhockey22 »

Derek Forbort should be very good for Duluth East next year.
Art=BAD_ICE

Post by Art=BAD_ICE »

Kevin McMorrow (Park Rapids)
Silent But Deadly

Post by Silent But Deadly »

Josh Gaughan of Buffalo.
H-M 4 Life

Post by H-M 4 Life »

Jordan Johnson has to be here. He played pretty well in state. I think another kid from Hill made the 15 under team - I think his name is David Bruchu but I have no idea
Dirty Dangles

Post by Dirty Dangles »

Any sophmores from the Edina, Ep, Chaska...etc (D6 teams)??
I do what i do
hockeyfan95

Post by hockeyfan95 »

little Youso- I Falls
Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

There is a kid from Centennial named Lovick who is, in my opinion, a better hockey player than anyone I've seen listed.
gopherhockey33

Post by gopherhockey33 »

no way hes better. he was more of a factor on his 1st year of bantams. theres no way hes better than schmidt and walters. both of them got national development tryouts and ive heard rumors that schmidt still may head out to ann arbor.
breakout

Post by breakout »

Hockeyguy_27 wrote:There is a kid from Centennial named Lovick who is, in my opinion, a better hockey player than anyone I've seen listed.
U R Wrong
breakout

Post by breakout »

gopherhockey33 wrote:no way hes better. he was more of a factor on his 1st year of bantams. theres no way hes better than schmidt and walters. both of them got national development tryouts and ive heard rumors that schmidt still may head out to ann arbor.
Schmidt is a quality player. I don't know that he is Ann Arbor quality.
gopher5

Post by gopher5 »

Skrbec from Grand Rapids is a great player and has a chance to make an impact on varsity next year. Kleinendorst and Schulte from GR could also make some kind of an impact next season.
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

gopherhockey33 wrote:no way hes better. he was more of a factor on his 1st year of bantams. theres no way hes better than schmidt and walters. both of them got national development tryouts and ive heard rumors that schmidt still may head out to ann arbor.
They have seven defensemen committed. It's possible they may take eight, but likely the only way he'd be invited now is if one of the other invitees bolts for Major Juniors. Fowler was taken 18th overall by Kitchner. Bjorn Krupp was taken in the 2nd round. Even in the unlikely event that either one of them backs out, Calabrese may be the next in line, Schmidt could be right there as well.
Last edited by The Exiled One on Wed May 09, 2007 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

Hockeyguy_27 wrote:There is a kid from Centennial named Lovick who is, in my opinion, a better hockey player than anyone I've seen listed.
A lot of posters seem to think that Lovick's bantam success was a byproduct of Pitlick's. After Pitlick went to varsity, Lovick's prodution dropped off significantly. Still though, he could bounce back.
hockeyjunkie2

Post by hockeyjunkie2 »

Dirty Dangles wrote:Any sophmores from the Edina, Ep, Chaska...etc (D6 teams)??
Mattson-Chaska
Robson and Fischer- AV
breakout

Post by breakout »

The Exiled One wrote:
A lot of posters seem to think that Lovick's bantam success was a byproduct of Pitlick's. After Pitlick went to varsity, Lovick's prodution dropped off significantly. Still though, he could bounce back.
It's great if Pitlick and Lovick had a connection. Centennial has solid coaching at all levels. If there was a connection between the two, Centennial varsity coaches noted that.

Lovick will a nice player for Centennial varsity this year.
George Blanda

Post by George Blanda »

breakout wrote:
Schmidt is a quality player. I don't know that he is Ann Arbor quality.
I wonder what D1 coaches and many scouts see in Schmidt that you don't.

We all have opinions. I just don't agree with yours on Schmidt.
"they are LAME" -darkdemon on SJU hockey
PuckTime

Post by PuckTime »

gopher5 wrote:Skrbec from Grand Rapids is a great player and has a chance to make an impact on varsity next year. Kleinendorst and Schulte from GR could also make some kind of an impact next season.
So which one of these guys are you?
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

George Blanda wrote:I wonder what D1 coaches and many scouts see in Schmidt that you don't.

You'd actually be surprised that there is a rather diverse group of opinions among scouts on some of these players that are physically early bloomers. The older these types get, the more their prior physical advantages tend to dry up... and then that is where the question marks start.

I heard another MN name was recently being discussed by USA hockey for a possible NTDP spot but he isn't one of the hyped (over hyped?) names people have sometimes tended to dwell on here.
breakout

Post by breakout »

Gopher Blog wrote:
George Blanda wrote:I wonder what D1 coaches and many scouts see in Schmidt that you don't.

You'd actually be surprised that there is a rather diverse group of opinions among scouts on some of these players that are physically early bloomers. The older these types get, the more their prior physical advantages tend to dry up... and then that is where the question marks start.

I heard another MN name was recently being discussed by USA hockey for a possible NTDP spot but he isn't one of the hyped (over hyped?) names people have sometimes tended to dwell on here.
You big teaser! No clues? Throw us a bone! =P~
FANMAN

Post by FANMAN »

PuckTime wrote:
gopher5 wrote:Skrbec from Grand Rapids is a great player and has a chance to make an impact on varsity next year. Kleinendorst and Schulte from GR could also make some kind of an impact next season.
So which one of these guys are you?
My first guess is Kleinendorst, son of the former great NHL player, Scot. :roll: Second would be Schulte, and last would be Skrbec, although Jon doesn't seem like the kid that would self promote. Oh, and my opinion is that as of right now, no GR player is in the top ten in the state for the upcoming sophomore class. They all have tremendous work to put in this summer to even have a shot at making the varsity.