top ten sophs next year

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Ron_Burgundy

Post by Ron_Burgundy »

Are you guys remembering Alex Rush and Aaron Ness when you say this? Ness lit it up at the Model Camp..
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

Ron_Burgundy wrote:Are you guys remembering Alex Rush and Aaron Ness when you say this? Ness lit it up at the Model Camp..
Ness is an old junior next year. I think his birthday is in May and he is old enough to be a senior. Plays like he is in D-1 already.
mnhockey22

Post by mnhockey22 »

the_truth wrote:mark williams for duluth marshall is definately in the top three. this kid is an absolute stand out and gives dano some competition for best defensmen north of mexico. Althouh he recently broke his leg he will be back in time for the season.
NO
breakout

Post by breakout »

Ron_Burgundy wrote:Are you guys remembering Alex Rush and Aaron Ness when you say this? Ness lit it up at the Model Camp..
I think you have been drinking burgundy...........no offense. Red Wine is heart healthy :wink:
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

Alex Rush and Aron Ness should not be mentioned in the same sentence. One is really good, the other one has a dad that thinks he is really good. You can decide which is which.
hockeyguy99

Post by hockeyguy99 »

Agreed with the last statement. I have heard the old man gives the kid hand signals from the stands.
Ron_Burgundy

Post by Ron_Burgundy »

Haha, alright, sorry. It slipped my mind that this was upcoming sophomores. Which one do you guys think dad slips him signs, what? Am I missing something
hockeyguy99

Post by hockeyguy99 »

Rush's dad gives Alec signals from the stands on what to do.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

hockeyguy99 wrote:Rush's dad gives Alec signals from the stands on what to do.
Alec should give his Dad a hand signal from the ice...
breakout

Post by breakout »

Neutron 14 wrote:
Alec should give his Dad a hand signal from the ice...
It stuns me that you don't have an appropriate emoticon for that
glovesoff

soph's

Post by glovesoff »

Sophomore goalie's who will see lots of action next year...
Cotter-Princeton
Fons-Hopkins
Taffe-Providence
Bortot-Irondale
Nelson-Spring Lake Park
Ray-Andover
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

breakout wrote: It stuns me that you don't have an appropriate emoticon for that
You know I have one, but longevity concerns prevent usage. I will admit to being tempted...
breakout

Post by breakout »

Neutron 14 wrote:
breakout wrote: It stuns me that you don't have an appropriate emoticon for that
You know I have one, but longevity concerns prevent usage. I will admit to being tempted...
Your finger must have been twitching............angel on one shoulder, devil on the other.........
breakout

Post by breakout »

FYI, use of hand signals is passe. We are in the 21st century! Controlling dads have been using wireless technology for years :lol:

FYI, Minnesota Made has wireless kits available for super Mite parents. 50% off through the end of the month!

He's on you..........turn right.......turn left.........SHOOT!!!!!!

Just kidding around. Had too much coffee this a.m.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

breakout wrote:

FYI, use of hand signals is passe. We are in the 21st century! Controlling dads have been using wireless technology for years :lol:

FYI, Minnesota Made has wireless kits available for super Mite parents. 50% off through the end of the month!

I think a shock collar could be of use for some kids.
tpshockey30

Post by tpshockey30 »

watch southern minnesota
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

Neutron 14 wrote:
breakout wrote:

I think a shock collar could be of use for some kids.
That's funny, cruel yes... but funny! we've joked around at the rinks before saying how it would be sick to put tazer pins on a player, :shock: that could be used by remote to give a not so pleasent kick in the -ss sometimes when someones doggin it...all in pure fun conversation of course, :wink: but it's better then the endless stands coaching you hear a lot of the time.

8)
LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 »

Not really sure what type of team Nelson will have playing infront of him but he is a solid goaltender. Cotter is also a solid goalie and Princeton should be pretty good these next few years.
hockeyfantasy

Post by hockeyfantasy »

brandonwarne52 mentioned Adam Knochenmus . From what I heard, his dad will have to stay out of the picture if Adam wants to exel.
BIG

Post by BIG »

hockeyfantasy wrote:brandonwarne52 mentioned Adam Knochenmus . From what I heard, his dad will have to stay out of the picture if Adam wants to exel.
I guess his dad is kind of a crazy guy. His dad wanted him to play high school instead of bantams last year, which did end up working out pretty good for Adam. I guess the kids on the team didn't like that too much so they didn't take it very easy on Adam in practice. Adam earned his opportunity, but he wouldn't have been there if Fabian wouldn't have broke his ankle in the section final. The Roseau bantam team would've been that much better with Adam on the team. Adam is a better player now obviously, but it could've turned out to be a decision he could've regretted. But, that's a big what if. I wouldn't be surprised seeing Adam leave after this year for Juniors if he's wanted. I'm sure that's what his dad will want him to do. So, yeah, i've kind of heard the same thing. Maybe his dad is really supportive and helps him, but riding a kid too much can turn out badly. It would be nice to have this kid for 3 more years because he's a pretty solid player, even as a 9th grader, so it we'll just have to watch and see how good he can be.
Lordosis

Post by Lordosis »

BIG wrote:
hockeyfantasy wrote:brandonwarne52 mentioned Adam Knochenmus . From what I heard, his dad will have to stay out of the picture if Adam wants to exel.
I guess his dad is kind of a crazy guy. His dad wanted him to play high school instead of bantams last year, which did end up working out pretty good for Adam. I guess the kids on the team didn't like that too much so they didn't take it very easy on Adam in practice. Adam earned his opportunity, but he wouldn't have been there if Fabian wouldn't have broke his ankle in the section final. The Roseau bantam team would've been that much better with Adam on the team. Adam is a better player now obviously, but it could've turned out to be a decision he could've regretted. But, that's a big what if. I wouldn't be surprised seeing Adam leave after this year for Juniors if he's wanted. I'm sure that's what his dad will want him to do. So, yeah, i've kind of heard the same thing. Maybe his dad is really supportive and helps him, but riding a kid too much can turn out badly. It would be nice to have this kid for 3 more years because he's a pretty solid player, even as a 9th grader, so it we'll just have to watch and see how good he can be.
The RUMOR that I had heard was that Adam's father was told by Junior and College coaches that Adam was good enough to play High School. I guess they were right. I'm sure it wasn't easy for the folks in Roseau when Adam moved up early. Sometimes you have to do what you think is best for yourself. That takes a pair of gonads to do what he did, especially in Roseau. For that I wish him the best of luck in whatever direction he want's to take.
gretzguy

Sophomore Gavin

Post by gretzguy »

GAVIN- Great scorer, kind of a hot head (easy to get worked up), although strong, suprisingly small. Done growing?
Last edited by gretzguy on Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
northwoods oldtimer

Pretty Good Sophs

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

Adam Knochenmus - Roseau
Derek Forbert- Duluth East
John Skrbec - Grand Rapids
Matt Youso - I Falls
Mike Fink - Hopkins (if he is still coming back).
Garret Orhn - Greenway
I know there will be a pile of metro guys too but I have not had a chance to see this age group of kids play much growing up.
breakout

Re: Pretty Good Sophs

Post by breakout »

northwoods oldtimer wrote:Adam Knochenmus - Roseau
Derek Forbert- Duluth East
John Skrbec - Grand Rapids
Matt Youso - I Falls
Mike Fink - Hopkins (if he is still coming back).
Garret Orhn - Greenway
I know there will be a pile of metro guys too but I have not had a chance to see this age group of kids play much growing up.
Fink will be a junior and playing in Waterloo this year.
BIG

Post by BIG »

Lordosis wrote:
BIG wrote:
The RUMOR that I had heard was that Adam's father was told by Junior and College coaches that Adam was good enough to play High School. I guess they were right. I'm sure it wasn't easy for the folks in Roseau when Adam moved up early. Sometimes you have to do what you think is best for yourself. That takes a pair of gonads to do what he did, especially in Roseau. For that I wish him the best of luck in whatever direction he want's to take.
You always know how to sum things up Lordosis. I agree with you, a kid should always do what's best for him. It turns out Roseau really needed Adam coming down the stretch. If they wouldn't have had Adam with Fabian going down, who would've stepped in on that 3rd line? Adam Lyken? :lol: Adam is going to be a good one, i do hope he gets a bit bigger though, just for his sake because that is something they look at at the next level.