Hill-Murray additions

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Sparlimb

Hill-Murray additions

Post by Sparlimb »

Thought it was time for the annual thread on who Hill has coming in. I heard from a very reliable source Hill has picked up an incoming Sophmore from Stillwater that is a big talented kid on defense. Evidently he filed before the deadline so should be ready to play although there is no guarantee he's varsity material this year. Was also told the move was primarily academic and secondarily athletic...
Dazed&Confused

Not a transfer

Post by Dazed&Confused »

Hes not a transfer
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

How is he not a transfer? If he played in the Stillwater system last year and is going to Hill this year, that would qualify as a transfer. Although long ago when I lived in Stillwater myself they still had 9th grade at the middle-school, so I don't know if that is still the case. Could you clarify?
Pucknutz69

Post by Pucknutz69 »

He was a 9th grader and played Bantams. Seen as how you move to the High School at the 10th grade in Stillwater I don't see it as a 4 letter word like "Transfer". Last time I checked Hill was pretty full at Defense. Good luck to the young man.

Also on this note rumor has it (D - Soph) Jake Brown left Hill for Centennial.
breakout

Post by breakout »

Pucknutz69 wrote:He was a 9th grader and played Bantams. Seen as how you move to the High School at the 10th grade in Stillwater I don't see it as a 4 letter word like "Transfer". Last time I checked Hill was pretty full at Defense. Good luck to the young man.

Also on this note rumor has it (D - Soph) Jake Brown left Hill for Centennial.
Ya, much rather go to Hill then play for that no good Phil Housley. I am kidding folks. From a developmental perspective, why would you go away from Mr. Housley?

This kid have some baggage?
hockeydad

Post by hockeydad »

Is this the kid who was voted captain of the Bantam A team last year, resulting in turmoil between the Bantam A coach and Housley?
Dazed&Confused

Not Sure

Post by Dazed&Confused »

I am sorry I think we are speaking of the same young man. I believe he already atends Hill. Played baseball I think for the school this past spring.
And yes I think he was in that whole captain crap deal.
H-M 4 Life

Post by H-M 4 Life »

Hill has also added another player from Mounds View.
Charliedog

Post by Charliedog »

The kid from Stillwater whe got caught up in the "A Bantam Captain fiasco" did in fact play baseball for Hill Varsity this year. They took him as a 9th grader and did not take any 10th graders. He must be really good though as he played shortstop during the state tourney.

As for his hockey skills, I don't know but he is the only bantam who is working out with the JV/Varstity group at the Hill summer camp. All of the other bantams are with the younger kids. The coach must see something special in him.

I did hear that Sean Pavlich is leaving Hill to play for Tartan next year. I believe he played Tartan A bantams last season and heard he would have most likeley made the Hill JV team.

As for Jake Brown, he seems to flip flop on where he is going to school next year. He lives in Chicago Lakes so Centennial would be a lot closer for him.

My son did say that there is a new Sopmore coming in to Hill next year and he heard that the kid applied a year ago so he gets to play hockey if he makes the team. I guess there is a way around every rule.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Sorry, I was talking about another player. I'm assuming you guys are talking about the younger Bruchu brother who did start at shortstop as a freshman on the Hill Varsity baseball team this year.
stpaul

transfers

Post by stpaul »

"I guess there is a way around every rule."

I believe the MSHSL allowed for transfer applications without penalty up to March 15th (not positive about that date). Meaning that families who applied for enrollment for this fall, but applied to the school prior to March 15, would not be subject to the new rule making them ineligible for athletics for one year.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

So it appears that Ankles was wrong and the sky isn't falling at Hill. What a shock that Hill will continue to field excellent hockey teams. Congrats Sparlimb and other green "faith"ful. I'm not sure any new kids will make varsity, the cupboard is already full. Hill will have an outstanding year.
Dazed&Confused

Next Season

Post by Dazed&Confused »

I am sure Hill willhavean excellent team for the next few yers. My opinion next season should be special. As far as kids coming in why not The JV will have a great season. LOL
Neutron 14

Re: Next Season

Post by Neutron 14 »

Dazed&Confused wrote:I am sure Hill willhavean excellent team for the next few yers. My opinion next season should be special. As far as kids coming in why not The JV will have a great season. LOL
Correct on all counts. Hill will heaven excellent team. :lol:
Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

Neutron 14 wrote:So it appears that Ankles was wrong and the sky isn't falling at Hill. What a shock that Hill will continue to field excellent hockey teams. Congrats Sparlimb and other green "faith"ful. I'm not sure any new kids will make varsity, the cupboard is already full. Hill will have an outstanding year.
What ever happened to Ankles? I kind of miss him :o
Pucknutz69

Post by Pucknutz69 »

Charliedog wrote:The kid from Stillwater whe got caught up in the "A Bantam Captain fiasco" did in fact play baseball for Hill Varsity this year. They took him as a 9th grader and did not take any 10th graders. He must be really good though as he played shortstop during the state tourney.

As for his hockey skills, I don't know but he is the only bantam who is working out with the JV/Varstity group at the Hill summer camp. All of the other bantams are with the younger kids. The coach must see something special in him.

I did hear that Sean Pavlich is leaving Hill to play for Tartan next year. I believe he played Tartan A bantams last season and heard he would have most likeley made the Hill JV team.

As for Jake Brown, he seems to flip flop on where he is going to school next year. He lives in Chicago Lakes so Centennial would be a lot closer for him.

My son did say that there is a new Sopmore coming in to Hill next year and he heard that the kid applied a year ago so he gets to play hockey if he makes the team. I guess there is a way around every rule.

Not the the same kid. The captain from the bantam team was a 9th grader at Stillwater Jr High. There are a couple of kids from Stillwater that moved to Hill.
inthebox

Post by inthebox »

The captain went to hill as a 9th grader. He was in my math class. The other stillwater boy is a very good player and has full eligability. He had a great playoff last year and I hope he has a good time at the Hill.
stpaul

HM

Post by stpaul »

Wow what a confusing thread. Let me get this straight.

1. You are not talking about David Bruchu, HM 9th grade varsity baseball player and younger brother of Charles, who is HMs graduating QB & star pitcher.

2. The Stillwater A Bantam Captain in question was a 9th grader at HM last year and thus is not a transfer.

3. There is however another good hockey player who is transferring from Stillwater but enrolled early enough to be eligible to play next year.

Correct ?
2FUN

Post by 2FUN »

2 other batam players did transfer to hill from Stillwater one forward one defense both were avereage players and niether would have made the varsity in Stillwater nor will they make it at Hill.
PointBlank

Post by PointBlank »

All three of the boys were Captains/Asst on Stillwater's Bantam A team. The forward must have been the leading scorer for Stillwater, and both defensemen were big, strong, and very involved in scoring as well. Are they going to make varsity on a team that is very deep? ...that remains to be seen, but they were far from average. If I were a betting man, I would bet that all three would have played varsity for Stillwater this year...
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

All 3 would have likely played varsity at Stillwater this year. Clearly Bruchu is a very talented athlete as he started at ss for the varisty baseball team at Hill this year. Whether any of them make varsity for Hill will remain to be seen as Hill returns a lot of last year's team...
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Sparlimb wrote: Whether any of them make varsity for Hill will remain to be seen as Hill returns a lot of last year's team...
Is there an echo in here?
minnesotahockeystar15

Post by minnesotahockeystar15 »

I also hear some kid from White Bear Lake is going there too. He played in the European league this year. Jake Brown isn't gonna leave Hill. And I hear the Kid from Cenntenial is comming to Hill? And Dave Bruchu will make the Team this year no doubt.
minnesotahockeystar15

Post by minnesotahockeystar15 »

Cenntenial kid is Jake Larsen, I think. And the WBL kid is Jeff Turner. But Who is the Kid from Moundsview?
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

A player is leaving Cent & coming to Hill? I thought all that "homegrown" talent always remains at home in Lino Lakes? Well, that program is so deep & strong that missing a player or two won't stop them. Jake's parents graduated from Hill & his dad actually played for the Pioneers...not sure what took him so long. If true, it will be nice to see the folks on a regular basis. If not, wish the Larsen family well....good people.