HS ELITE LEAGUE

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Gopher Blog

Re: 2 1/2 periods short handed???

Post by Gopher Blog »

breakout wrote:I would assume they do play smarter than the Elite teams. Afterall, how much are they coached and how much time do they practice together each week? Plus, they practice power plays and systems.
Exactly. Shattuck has a distinct advantage over the Elite League teams in that they practice together and get a chance to build a lot of chemistry. Elite League teams don't have the luxury of doing those things to nearly the same level.

IMO, it really doesn't have anything to do with "smarter".
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

One thing is for sure, the kids on the Northeast team should all be great penalty killers by the time this league is finished. :lol:
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

2 sides

Can anyone beat Shattuck?

Post by 2 sides »

All this talk about how teams stack up against Shattuck. It is apples and oranges. These are ALL STAR teams in this league. They are supposed to be GOOD. I would hope they could compete with Shattuck. Is Shattuck better "yearly", well of course. We all know that. Now, will one of these Elite teams possibly beat Shattuck, hey maybe! Every championship team loses a few games. Stanley cup champs, Baseball champs, Nba champs, College hockey champions, ALL lose a game here and there. What makes the champion is winning when it COUNTS. This is what Shattuck is all about. A Holy Angels might beat them 1 out of 10 games they play against each other. They beat Shattuck last year. 1st time in many years. It will happen though. Might not happen again for many years, but it happens. So will any Elite team "compete" with or beat this Shattuck team. Probably, how fun is it for those kids to play against and compete against Shattuck kids who 90% of them will play Division 1 hockey and another large % will play in the NHL. So lets enjoy the games and give credit where credit is due. These are all good hockey players, having fun! A prelude to Shattucks season and a prelude to winter hockey for the Minnesota boys. Thanks for listening folks. Just my IMO as you all say on here!!!
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Anyone going to be in Brainerd Saturday morning?????
SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit »

2 sides....I some what agree with qwhat you say..but i see it from a different angle...Shattuck has a team chemistry...which in the end will win games....true talent cant always win....shattuck has both chemistry and talent..they havent been playing together for 5 weeks....its really hard to compare and say who should be able to compete...comparing a team like shattuck and a team put together in a fe weeks...dont get me wrong..ALL of the HS Elite teams have great talent but its hard to compare....thats just how i see it...i can think of something and it probably wont come out as nice on the forum haha...but either way the games are fun to watch...ill be in Fargo this weekend...hopeully ill see some good hockey..... :D
2 sides

thats my point

Post by 2 sides »

SiouxRecruit wrote:2 sides....I some what agree with qwhat you say..but i see it from a different angle...Shattuck has a team chemistry...which in the end will win games....true talent cant always win....shattuck has both chemistry and talent..they havent been playing together for 5 weeks....its really hard to compare and say who should be able to compete...comparing a team like shattuck and a team put together in a fe weeks...dont get me wrong..ALL of the HS Elite teams have great talent but its hard to compare....thats just how i see it...i can think of something and it probably wont come out as nice on the forum haha...but either way the games are fun to watch...ill be in Fargo this weekend...hopeully ill see some good hockey..... :D
"Shattuck has team chemistry", that is what I meant when I said shattuck will be better "yearly". Because they are a Yearly team. That's exactly what I meant when I said it is hard to compare these teams!! And yes Shattuck has the advantage of talent and chemistry, which is also why it makes it fun for these young men to be able to get the chance to play against them, and just take it for what it is!!
hockeyeast223

Post by hockeyeast223 »

Did northeast really beat Shattuck this weekend in Fargo?
hunter

Post by hunter »

[quote="hockeyeast223"]Did northeast really beat Shattuck this weekend in Fargo?[/quote]

Northeast beat Shattuck 4=3 on Saturday. It was Shattuck's first loss this season.
SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit »

DANG!!!.....i only saw one game in fargo NE vs GP...that was a tie at 2 to 2...it wwas pretty fun to watch
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

hunter wrote:
hockeyeast223 wrote:Did northeast really beat Shattuck this weekend in Fargo?

Northeast beat Shattuck 4=3 on Saturday. It was Shattuck's first loss this season.
I knew that this team could beat Shattuck. Just wish I could have been there. They must have done a better job of staying out of the box. Any idea who was in nets?
hunter

Post by hunter »

[quote="pioneers"][quote="hunter"][quote="hockeyeast223"]Did northeast really beat Shattuck this weekend in Fargo?[/quote]

Northeast beat Shattuck 4=3 on Saturday. It was Shattuck's first loss this season.[/quote]

I knew that this team could beat Shattuck. Just wish I could have been there. They must have done a better job of staying out of the box. Any idea who was in nets?[/quote]

Hanna
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

BC Guy

Post by BC Guy »

I did not make it to the Northeast vs Shattuck game. Did anyone else see it? It must have been a good one. I talked with someone who saw most of the game and they said that it looked like one of Northeast's goals should not have counted. They said it it the post a came out without crossing the line.
hunter

Post by hunter »

There was no questionabe goal. SHATTUCK got beat by a better team & goalie(Hanna), on that particular occasion. Why can't people accept, that on occasion a very good team ( Shattuck), can lose to an equally good team (Northeast).
7A22A

Post by 7A22A »

hunter wrote:There was no questionabe goal. SHATTUCK got beat by a better team & goalie(Hanna), on that particular occasion. Why can't people accept, that on occasion a very good team ( Shattuck), can lose to an equally good team (Northeast).
Probably need to beat them like the 7a-aa elite II team did (4-0) to hang the first loss to the Shattuck AAA midget team to limit the excuses.
Wisco

Post by Wisco »

Good for them. Shattuck has great chemistry from what i heard but i knew northeast could outplay them as long as they stay out of the box :lol:
MNscout72

Post by MNscout72 »

Last weekend before the playoffs. I'm down watching round 3 of Shattuck and Northeast. Any predictions? Anyone else going to be watching the action????
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

hunter wrote:There was no questionabe goal. SHATTUCK got beat by a better team & goalie(Hanna), on that particular occasion. Why can't people accept, that on occasion a very good team ( Shattuck), can lose to an equally good team (Northeast).

Glad to see that's the team with most of my H-M team on it...

Although I'm sure it was the Centennial kids standing out, right Neutron?
MNscout72

Post by MNscout72 »

shattuck 8-1. another penalty filled game fot NE.
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

North 6 Southwest 4
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

MNscout72 wrote:shattuck 8-1. another penalty filled game fot NE.
Had to laugh I think the last penalty called on NE was actually on the fans harrasing the refs
hockey nut

Post by hockey nut »

The game had 6 penelties in the first 2 periods. The score was 6-1 after 2. It had nothing to do with the refs. Shattuck out shot them 46 -19. The last penalty was on there coach for yapping. When that team is getting beat, they start running. I felt like I was at a Peewee game the way some of those parents acted. Shattuck does not have control over what refs the Elite leauge sends. They are not Shattuck refs. They got there ass handed to them last night. Just like I thought they out played Shattuck in Fargo.Quit blamming the refs.
oldguy

Post by oldguy »

pioneers wrote:North 6 Southwest 4
SW was up 3 to 1 after 1st period.

However, the selfish play and 3 minute shifts put SW in the tank...

If this league is the answer to kids not leaving for juniors, then I would suggest that efforts be made to fix the obvious shortcomings
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

Yes Shattuck was the much better team. I do hate hearing people yelling at the officials as it serves no purpose and has no place. I still think that last penalty was because of the crowd. I heard McAlpine say that has nothing to do with us to the ref.

That Southwest team is a very selfish team and they don't share the puck well. With their talent, they should be much better.