Pre-Season Mr. Hockey Top Ten

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

The Exiled One

Pre-Season Mr. Hockey Top Ten

Post by The Exiled One » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:35 am

Any predictions who the final ten will be? A lot of the usual suspects have moved on to the USHL. Let's see who's left (in no particular order)...

F - Tyler Barnes - Burnsville
F - Ryan Bohrer - Cretin
D - Corey Feinhage - Eastview (UND recruit)
F - Joe Frazer - Brainerd (Nebraska-Omaha recruit)
D - Jake Gardiner - Minnetonka (Wisconsin recruit)
D - Joe Gleason - Edina (UND recruit)
F - Jake Johnson - Duluth Denfield
F - Justin Jokinen - Cloquet/Esko/Carlton
F - Zach Lehrke - Park Rapids
F - Adam Mueller - Roseville (Mankato recruit)
F - Ben Nelson - Roseau
D - Drew Olson - Brainerd
F - John O'Neill - Anoka (Duluth recruit)
F - Bryce Ravndalen - Warroad (St. Cloud State recruit)
D - Chris Student - Benilde (Northeastern recruit)
F - Jake Youso - International Falls (Minnesota recruit)

Wow, I just realized how few candidates are left. Who am I missing? Remember, they have to be senior defensemen or fowards only.
Last edited by The Exiled One on Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

mnhockey22

mr hockey

Post by mnhockey22 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:49 pm

Beau Hanowski??????????????????
Are you serious. He is a decent player at best who racks up points playing against some of the weakest terams in the state while playing on a line with two of the best players in the state.

The Exiled One

Re: mr hockey

Post by The Exiled One » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:24 pm

mnhockey22 wrote:Beau Hanowski??????????????????
Are you serious. He is a decent player at best who racks up points playing against some of the weakest terams in the state while playing on a line with two of the best players in the state.
What can I say, I was having trouble finding names!!

pioneerhockey12

Post by pioneerhockey12 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:16 pm

nick johnson from lakeville north. He is a good player who will have a great senior season

southernfool

Post by southernfool » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:42 pm

Tyler Barnes from Burnsville. Leading goal scorer for Burnsville, state all tournament team last year and all around solid player. Also, Jake Hendrickson from Burnsville should be considered. They (with the help of their linemate Perisic) helped bring their team to state and they should make one of the top scoring lines again this next year.

RBK26

mr hockey

Post by RBK26 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:13 pm

Ryan Bohrer from cretin. Great player, state championship, comin off great junior season.

rbkhockey

Post by rbkhockey » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:01 pm

wow your dumb. nick larson was a senior at hill murray last year. unless your talking about someone else

wildhckyfan14

Post by wildhckyfan14 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:09 pm

rbkhockey wrote:wow your dumb. nick larson was a senior at hill murray last year. unless your talking about someone else
way to use the wrong form of your when saying, you're dumb to somebody a little bit ironic, don't ya think? what is that Hill education getting you if not how to use English properly?

but that is typical of Hill people to be so involved with themselves that they can't look past themselves, yes there is another Nick Larson from STA (some people...)

rbkhockey

Post by rbkhockey » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:12 pm

ya since you know me!? i dont go to hill murray but good try!

thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:57 pm

I thought Nick Larson (STA) was heading to Waterloo. Anyone know for sure?

riverskater

Post by riverskater » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:03 pm

I'd put Joe Frazer in this mix.

warrior2132

Post by warrior2132 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:33 pm

nick larson from sta is going to waterloo so he can not be mr hockey

Indian Head

Post by Indian Head » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:11 pm

riverskater wrote:I'd put Joe Frazer in this mix.
I agree cheese

aspartame

corey leivermann

Post by aspartame » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:02 am

ok from the south there is one canidate corey leivermann. He is a stud, he plays for Mankato West. Even though they play weak talent at times he is still the man and sweet. He can play with the best of them, and is still getting better everyday. He works his butt off and he has a snipe that will give him ginos everytime. He is not the biggest as guy weight wise but he plays like he is huge and never gives up on plays. so that is my sleeper from the south if you wanted to know.

rbkhockey

Post by rbkhockey » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:40 am

no chance that kid will be a up for mr. hockey.

quickgym guy

Post by quickgym guy » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:57 pm

How about Dave Brown from Cloquet...

the mullet

Post by the mullet » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:05 pm

Any predictions who the final ten will be? A lot of the usual suspects have moved on to the USHL. Let's see who's left (in no particular order)...

Jake Youso
Bryce Ravndalen
Nick Larson
Beau Hanowski
Ben Nelson
John O'Neill
Justin Jokinen
Adam Mueller
Matt Leer
Jake Gardiner
Chris Student
Joe Gleason
Drew Olson
Corey Feinhage

Wow, I just realized how few candidates are left. Who am I missing? Remember, they have to be senior defensemen or fowards only.

Although he won't get any consideration Zach Lehrke from Park Rapids should be a candidate for Mr. Hockey, anyone that has seen him play will agree and he is without a doubt a better forward than all but one on this list. And does it all with vey little to NO help. I also agree with whoever said Joe Frazer, another one that gets less recognition that he deserves.

quickgym guy

Post by quickgym guy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:42 am

Jake Johnson from Denfeld should be added to the list...

Rattlin' Cages

Post by Rattlin' Cages » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:06 pm

Joe Frazer is my darkhorse pick. Fun player to watch! He and Drew Olson are very good players.

SB24

Post by SB24 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:55 am

[\quote]
Although he won't get any consideration Zach Lehrke from Park Rapids should be a candidate for Mr. Hockey, anyone that has seen him play will agree and he is without a doubt a better forward than all but one on this list. And does it all with vey little to NO help. I also agree with whoever said Joe Frazer, another one that gets less recognition that he deserves.[/quote]

I know which one that is! :lol: :twisted:
RIP suzy 12.10.2006 - 2.27.2008

The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:30 pm

Okay, we've added some and removed one. Any others we can delete? Any other obvious omissions?

F - Tyler Barnes - Burnsville
F - Ryan Bohrer - Cretin
D - Corey Feinhage - Eastview (UND recruit)
F - Joe Frazer - Brainerd (Nebraska-Omaha recruit)
D - Jake Gardiner - Minnetonka (Wisconsin recruit)
D - Joe Gleason - Edina (UND recruit)
F - Jake Johnson - Duluth Denfield
F - Justin Jokinen - Cloquet/Esko/Carlton
F - Zach Lehrke - Park Rapids
F - Adam Mueller - Roseville (Mankato recruit)
F - Ben Nelson - Roseau
D - Drew Olson - Brainerd
F - John O'Neill - Anoka (Duluth recruit)
F - Bryce Ravndalen - Warroad (St. Cloud State recruit)
D - Chris Student - Benilde (Northeastern recruit)
F - Jake Youso - International Falls (Minnesota recruit)
Last edited by The Exiled One on Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Art=BAD_ICE

Post by Art=BAD_ICE » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:58 am

I know I'll catch hell from some for this comment but here goes. Nothing against the kid from what i hear he is a great person, i just think that if we want to down size this list Matt Leer should be removed. He is just plain not that good. Yes he's a wrecking ball on the ice but he is a bad skater, and in my eyes Mr. Hockey in our great state should be able to skate circles around most people. Just my 2 cents.

breakout

Post by breakout » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:23 am

Art=BAD_ICE wrote:I know I'll catch hell from some for this comment but here goes. Nothing against the kid from what i hear he is a great person, i just think that if we want to down size this list Matt Leer should be removed. He is just plain not that good. Yes he's a wrecking ball on the ice but he is a bad skater, and in my eyes Mr. Hockey in our great state should be able to skate circles around most people. Just my 2 cents.
I agree with his removal from the list.

However, I love his style of play. The kid is a great role player. Tough, intimidating and physical. Hate to play against him. Would love to have him on my team.

Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:44 pm

breakout wrote:
Art=BAD_ICE wrote:I know I'll catch hell from some for this comment but here goes. Nothing against the kid from what i hear he is a great person, i just think that if we want to down size this list Matt Leer should be removed. He is just plain not that good. Yes he's a wrecking ball on the ice but he is a bad skater, and in my eyes Mr. Hockey in our great state should be able to skate circles around most people. Just my 2 cents.

However, I love his style of play. The kid is a great role player. Tough, intimidating and physical. Hate to play against him. Would love to have him on my team.
How could you guys forget about Danny Mattson from Holy Angels? Or Hendrickson and Barnes from Burnsville?

The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:48 pm

Hockeyguy_27 wrote:
breakout wrote:

How could you guys forget about Danny Mattson from Holy Angels? Or Hendrickson and Barnes from Burnsville?
Danny Mattson isn't a senior. Barnes is already on the list.