HUNT FOR MINNETONKA HS IS ON AGAIN

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

toomanystitches

HUNT FOR MINNETONKA HS IS ON AGAIN

Post by toomanystitches »

Tavis McMillan has flaked on his commitment to coach at Minnetonka HS. He has accepted a position with one of the pro teams to do scouting work in the area.
aflac

Post by aflac »

Which team is it Atlanta?
toomanystitches

Didn't hear which team he went with.
flatontheice

Re: HUNT FOR MINNETONKA HS IS ON AGAIN

Post by flatontheice »

toomanystitches wrote:Tavis McMillan has flaked on his commitment to coach at Minnetonka HS. He has accepted a position with one of the pro teams to do scouting work in the area.

Ouch
Bub

Post by Bub »

Does anyone know why he went looking for another job after making a commitment to Minnetonka?
breakout

Post by breakout »

Bub wrote:Does anyone know why he went looking for another job after making a commitment to Minnetonka?

Don't fret, Pat Quinn is still available. All the boosters need to come up with is $2,996,000. Pass the plate gentlemen. Let's Get R Done!
toomanystitches

Heard that Younghans is still interested in the position. Bet they could get him for half of what Quinn needs.
breakout

Post by breakout »

toomanystitches wrote:Heard that Younghans is still interested in the position. Bet they could get him for half of what Quinn needs.

I believe Younghans compensation requirements are a case of beer a week and a date per month.

I would love to see him coach Minnetonka. He would create intensity.
Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

breakout wrote:
toomanystitches wrote:Heard that Younghans is still interested in the position. Bet they could get him for half of what Quinn needs.

I believe Younghans compensation requirements are a case of beer a week and a date per month.

I would love to see him coach Minnetonka. He would create intensity.
This would be interesting. I think he would do a very good job.
toomanystitches

Besides the energy Younghans would bring, he would bring another important element to Minnetonka...loyalty...15 years at EP and 4 at Wayzata. What a horrible example the kids from Mtka have had to endure..Pauly and McMillan.
breakout

Post by breakout »

toomanystitches wrote:Besides the energy Younghans would bring, he would bring another important element to Minnetonka...loyalty...15 years at EP and 4 at Wayzata. What a horrible example the kids from Mtka have had to endure..Pauly and McMillan.
You are dead on. He is a tremendously loyal person. He was an old school hockey player. Skate through a brick wall for his team. Minnetonka would benefit from having him step in. Hope it works out for both parties.
BSM99

Post by BSM99 »

Tom Younghans is a great person and he would do a good job for Tonka. As to the "loyalty issue" and the "bad example" of Pauly and MacMillan - grow up toomanystiches.

In the big grown up world people leave for other job opportunities.
breakout

Post by breakout »

BSM99 wrote:Tom Younghans is a great person and he would do a good job for Tonka. As to the "loyalty issue" and the "bad example" of Pauly and MacMillan - grow up toomanystiches.

In the big grown up world people leave for other job opportunities.

Or get fired...........ala Hanas (spell??)
Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

toomanystitches wrote:Besides the energy Younghans would bring, he would bring another important element to Minnetonka...loyalty...15 years at EP and 4 at Wayzata. What a horrible example the kids from Mtka have had to endure..Pauly and McMillan.
I don't think McMillan was there long enough to set a horrible example and I know what you mean about that SOB Pauly. He had the audacity to make Tonka a winning team after 10 years and got them to a State Tourney :lol: What a horrible example he has set :roll:
DannyCalifornia

Post by DannyCalifornia »

"I don't think McMillan was there long enough to set a horrible example and I know what you mean about that SOB Pauly. He had the audacity to make Tonka a winning team after 10 years and got them to a State Tourney What a horrible example he has set"

Probably one of the better quips I have heard lately-funny.

Also let me be the 1st one to slap A.D on the back for making a mess of situation again--this appears to be strike 3 for him.1)bolin2)hillman3)mcmillan--good job--and this is a team that should contend for that section. By all accounts though I heard this is a team that can get over the debacle they have been apart of unfortunately and gel together at right time, we'll see. For the record I vote for Younghans also, but doubt it will happen.
toomanystitches

Interesting post at "Chapman Resigns." Is Wally going to Minnetonka?
demongoed

Post by demongoed »

How involved are any of the parents of players in this mess in terms of holding the AD accoutable? Sounds like Tonka has a chance to step up in the next few years, but the AD is successfully screwing it up. Is this typical of him over there? Any names being floated around?
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

Wally wont ever...EVER...ever go to Minnetonka.
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

I would point the finger at the parents before the AD - You don't think they insisted in being part of the process?
blueblood

Tonka

Post by blueblood »

Is the search over?

I think it is......
cheapshot

Post by cheapshot »

the search is over? What do you mean?
GoBears

Re: Tonka

Post by GoBears »

blueblood wrote:Is the search over?

I think it is......
Scott Oliver?
blueblood

Scott Oliver?

Post by blueblood »

No.No.No.....
flatontheice

Re: Scott Oliver?

Post by flatontheice »

blueblood wrote:No.No.No.....
Larry Hendrickson?
Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

Tonka hired one of the assistant coaches from Pauly's staff. I don't know which one but this is the word.