nick pryor is back

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

RBK26

nick pryor is back

Post by RBK26 »

nick pryor is back. he has re enrolled at hill-murray and will be playing for them this season.
wbmd

Re: nick pryor is back

Post by wbmd »

RBK26 wrote:nick pryor is back. he has re enrolled at hill-murray and will be playing for them this season.
Which just helps to show that his idea of leaving Hill in the first place was a complete failure.
rbk101

Post by rbk101 »

This is not true. He is home for the summer...nothing more.
H-M 4 Life

Post by H-M 4 Life »

He doesnt know that he can come to hill yet, but he wants to.
breakout

Post by breakout »

H-M 4 Life wrote:He doesnt know that he can come to hill yet, but he wants to.

Why? I thought Ann Arbor was the dream. 2nd thoughts? Miss friends?
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Now that would be an addition worth mentioning. Hill could use his talent as a defensemen who can score for the next 2 years. Guess we'll see if it pans out...
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

My guess is that if he came back, that he would have to sit out some time just like O'Brien did last year.
breakout

Post by breakout »

Sparlimb wrote:Now that would be an addition worth mentioning. Hill could use his talent as a defensemen who can score for the next 2 years. Guess we'll see if it pans out...

If he did come back, Hill would have one of the strongest D cores in the state.

Any truth to him coming back? Or, just rumors?
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

im almost sure this is all rumor. i think hes going back to ann arbor
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
waylon

Wisconsin

Post by waylon »

Is his verbal commitment 1yr ago to Wisconsin still good?Or will they wait till he's out of diapers to make there descision, I said a year ago he's not D1 material,time will tell ! my opinion
________
Creampie tube
Last edited by waylon on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H-M 4 Life

Post by H-M 4 Life »

I was talking to him yesterday and he said that he would really love to come back, he misses his friends way too much. He had a talk with Lechner and Lechner is suppose to tell him if he can play this season this week.
RLStars

Post by RLStars »

That would be a transfer and he could only play jv this season. He would have to miss 1 year of varsity. He is not coming back.
hipcheck

poor nick

Post by hipcheck »

I don't know whether to feel sorry for Nick or not. I have always had the stance that kids should stay in a good program and enjoy their high school years. If they are good they will move on just fine. Those that chose to leave and advance their own private carreer should make that decision carefully.

I hope things work out for Nick, but would he be any worse off had he stayed at HM throughout his highschool carreer?
hockeymann

pryor

Post by hockeymann »

he wouldnt have to sit out any time at all because he is changing his residency from ann arbour to wherever he is going to live, if you move, you dont have too sit out any time, hes coming back
RLStars

Re: pryor

Post by RLStars »

hockeymann wrote:he wouldnt have to sit out any time at all because he is changing his residency from ann arbour to wherever he is going to live, if you move, you dont have too sit out any time, hes coming back
So....mommy and daddy moved to Ann Arbour?
bardown444

Post by bardown444 »

think about regardless of how much he misses his freinds or family with the new transfer rule he cant and why would you give up a chance to play on the u 18 team i would bet he stays in ann arbor
Lordosis

Post by Lordosis »

RLStars wrote:
hockeymann wrote:he wouldnt have to sit out any time at all because he is changing his residency from ann arbour to wherever he is going to live, if you move, you dont have too sit out any time, hes coming back
Ever heard of a billet family?
RLStars

Post by RLStars »

Lordosis wrote:
RLStars wrote:
Ever heard of a billet family?
Then he didn't have a change of residency. The parents have to change residency and if they already live in the HM area (which ever public schools boundary they must use) they can't move across the street to have a new residency in that area.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

RLStars wrote: Then he didn't have a change of residency. The parents have to change residency and if they already live in the HM area (which ever public schools boundary they must use) they can't move across the street to have a new residency in that area.
Hill, like its biggest fan Sparlimb, has no boundaries. :lol: Its my understanding that they can literally move across the street. This apparently, will be one of the initial tests of the new rule. Its foolish for the parents to have to move, because their son enrolled in Ann Arbors program to play for team USA. To require them to move "across the street" for him to return, wasn't the spirit nor intent of the rule in the first place. Let him play...
Pucknutz69

Post by Pucknutz69 »

Neutron 14 wrote:
RLStars wrote: Then he didn't have a change of residency. The parents have to change residency and if they already live in the HM area (which ever public schools boundary they must use) they can't move across the street to have a new residency in that area.
Hill, like its biggest fan Sparlimb, has no boundaries. :lol: Its my understanding that they can literally move across the street. This apparently, will be one of the initial tests of the new rule. Its foolish for the parents to have to move, because their son enrolled in Ann Arbors program to play for team USA. To require them to move "across the street" for him to return, wasn't the spirit nor intent of the rule in the first place. Let him play...

Agreed!

The new rule was to prevent things like St Paul Central Girls basketball, SSP girls hockey. There is also the story of a Minnetonka kid who played football at Minnetonka won state, transferred to Hopkins to play basketball, then transferred back to Minnetonka to graduate with his friends all in the same year. That is what the rule is trying to stop. Not a kid that has a very special opportunity and gets homesick or has a change of direction. Nick is a great kid and hopefully things work out for him weather it's here or Michigan. He is going back to the school he left so it would be no transfer, if he switched to Cretin or Holy Angels or maybe even Woodbury I could see something being done.
RLStars

Post by RLStars »

Neutron 14 wrote:
They CAN NOT move across the street. From the MSHSL website:

BOARD POLICY DEFINITIONS:

1.Change of Residence
A change of residence is the actual physical relocation by the parents or guardians of a student with the intent to reside indefinitely at a new residence and terminate all occupancy of a previous residence. The change in residence must be bona fide, include other minor siblings and involve transfer from one school district attendance area to another school district attendance area.

For purposes of eligibility determinations, the residence of a student shall be the bona fide location of the residence and must include occupancy by the students’ parents or guardians in the public school attendance area. Both parents, except as otherwise provide herein, must physically reside at the residence on a regular basis for the duration of the student’s enrollment.

If married, residence is determined by the bona fide residence where the student and the student’s spouse actually reside.

In determining whether a change in residence is bona fide, a member school and the League may consider:
A. New mailing address of the parents or guardians
B. Voting registration of parents or guardians that coincides with the new residence
C. Driver’s license registration that coincides with the new residence
D. Purchase or rental agreements
E. Any other reliable evidence of residency

2. Residence
For purposes of eligibility, a student may only have one residence. To determine residence for eligibility purposes, the public school district attendance area in which the home last occupied by both parents is located shall be considered as the family’s residence.

3. Emancipated Student
If emancipated, a student’s residence is determined by the bona fide residence where the student actually resides.

An emancipated student is one who:
A. has been a resident of the state of Minnesota for at least one full calendar year immediately preceding the date in question, and
B. is totally self-supporting. Criteria to determine if a student is self-supporting may include, but is not limited to:
1) a notarized statement from the parent(s) or guardian(s) that they provide none of the student’s support;
2) verification of employment or other means of financial support from the student’s employer or supporting agency;
3) verification of rent payment by the student
4) verification from a school that the student is accepted to attend as a resident student on the grounds of being emancipated.
5) any other documentation requested by the Minnesota State High School League or member school

4. Good Standing
For purposes of this bylaw, the term “good standing” shall mean that on the official date of withdrawal from the last school attended the student was fully eligible at that school under all of the conditions and all of the eligibility requirements of that school as well as the eligibility requirements of the state activity association of which that school is a member.

5. Guardianship
For purposes of this bylaw, guardianship shall not be accepted for the purpose of establishing the residence of a student except when the guardianship has been established pursuant to a child protection order placement in a foster home or a juvenile court disposition order.

6. High School
A high school shall include grades 9 through 12.

7. Parents
For purposes of this bylaw, parents shall mean both parents of the student. In the event of divorce, parent shall be the parent with legal and physical custody of the student. In the case of a child protection order, parent shall mean the facility assigned by a court pursuant to a child protection order, foster home placement or juvenile court disposition order.

8. Public School District Attendance Area
The term “public school district attendance area” shall be understood to refer to the area assigned to a specific high school by a Board of Education and shall not refer to a school district except in cases in which only one high school exists in a school district.

9. Transfer Student
A transfer student is one who discontinues enrollment and attendance in any high school, public or non-public, located in a public school district attendance area and enrolls and attends classes in any other high school in Minnesota.

It is also my understanding that "Private "schools will have a defined district area that is the same as the public school district area that the private school district is in.
stpaul

Nick Pryor

Post by stpaul »

I understood the final rule that passed did not include that private schools would have boundaries. The original proposal defined their boundaries by the school district in which they were located. That definition was removed. This means if a family moves, the kid can transfer to a private school and be eligible no matter where they move to.

I'm not sure how Pryor is effected by the new rule. His parents never moved from Woodbury. He lived in Ann Arbor for a year. There is a provision allowing immediate eligibility for families moving to MN from other states. That doesn't exactly apply because in this case it is only the kid moving to MN. I would guess they will rule him to be eligible.
Sparlimb

Re: Nick Pryor

Post by Sparlimb »

stpaul wrote:I understood the final rule that passed did not include that private schools would have boundaries. The original proposal defined their boundaries by the school district in which they were located. That definition was removed. This means if a family moves, the kid can transfer to a private school and be eligible no matter where they move to.

I'm not sure how Pryor is effected by the new rule. His parents never moved from Woodbury. He lived in Ann Arbor for a year. There is a provision allowing immediate eligibility for families moving to MN from other states. That doesn't exactly apply because in this case it is only the kid moving to MN. I would guess they will rule him to be eligible.
Hard to believe the new transfer rule once again causes more confusion then clarity. My guess is, if Ander Lee could transfer to Edina without parents moving, then how could this be any different? It may be ruled different, but looks the same to me. Anyway, it will be interesting to see what happens...
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

RLStars wrote:
They CAN NOT move across the street. From the MSHSL website:

BOARD POLICY DEFINITIONS:

1.Change of Residence
... The change in residence must be bona fide, include other minor siblings and involve transfer from one school district attendance area to another school district attendance area.
Thanks R.L.

Since Private schools have no attendance area, I'm not sure how or if it applies.

Regardless, let sanity rule.

Let him play.
suntzu

Re: Nick Pryor

Post by suntzu »

Sparlimb wrote: Hard to believe the new transfer rule once again causes more confusion then clarity. My guess is, if Ander Lee could transfer to Edina without parents moving, then how could this be any different? It may be ruled different, but looks the same to me. Anyway, it will be interesting to see what happens...
Anders Lee had his open enrollment paperwork in prior to the March 31 deadline.