Scott Kishel

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hockeyfandan

Scott Kishel

Post by hockeyfandan »

I was wondering if I could get some opinions on him from those that have seen him play. I see that he's going to play in the USHL for a year before heading to UMD. What do you think he needs to work on before heading to UMD? I've heard he's skilled with the puck, a good offensive defensemen but needs to bulk up and get stronger. How's his defensive zone play? Thanks
wbmd

Re: Scott Kishel

Post by wbmd »

hockeyfandan wrote:I was wondering if I could get some opinions on him from those that have seen him play. I see that he's going to play in the USHL for a year before heading to UMD. What do you think he needs to work on before heading to UMD? I've heard he's skilled with the puck, a good offensive defensemen but needs to bulk up and get stronger. How's his defensive zone play? Thanks
Who is he? Where did he play high school hockey?
MNHockey08

Post by MNHockey08 »

Pretty sure Kishel is from Virgina, MN and he got drafted too.
hockeyfandan

Post by hockeyfandan »

MNHockey08 wrote:Pretty sure Kishel is from Virgina, MN and he got drafted too.
Yes he played for Virgina and was drafted by the Montreal Canadiens in the 7th round, they traded one of their goalies to the Canes for their 7th round pick where they selected him.

I was trying to figure out what are his strenghts and weaknesses, what to expect from him when he reaches UMD after this upcoming season.
boblee

post 8201

Post by boblee »

He is an outstanding skater and has great vision. He is certainly an offensive minded defensmen. He doesn't have a blistering shot or anything, he plays a finesse style. He also plays a finesse style defensively. He hits very little and plays more position and poke-check defense. He could certainly bulk up as he is not very big. He could be a very solid player at UMD in a year or two with the USHL experience.
passer07

Post by passer07 »

all true statements