Section 1A/AA Elite II

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BringRollieBack!!

Section 1A/AA Elite II

Post by BringRollieBack!! »

Who made it?

Who looked good, any standouts??
gabT

Post by gabT »

Nobody has made the team yet. There is still 8 more hours of tryouts next weekend. There was not anyone who really jumped out. Voigt from Lourdes was good the 1st day along with Pavek from Faribault. Radtke (sp?) also looked pretty good but no real standouts.
01state

Post by 01state »

this coming weekend will be the last try out for the eliteII team. there wasn't really anyone jumping out too me at the try out that i have seen so far. i have heard that there was some kids missing that they really wanted to try out for the team i don't know any names.

does anyone know who they might be talking about?
gabT

Post by gabT »

I think that there were 3 kids missing

2 faupels (Century) and the other is still unknown to me
pioneerhockey12

Post by pioneerhockey12 »

does anyone know how jeff vivant is doing?or if he is even there? lakeville north, we just played him in some summer league..
BringRollieBack!!

Post by BringRollieBack!! »

I've heard of 4 lakeville kids trying out.

South:
Burns & Simon

North:
Arnts & Gosse

I know Burns,Simon & Arnst played high school last year..don't know about Gosse..I think Bantam A last year?

Heard the Simon kid looks really good but don't know much about him...

Wonder why there is not more Lakeville kids trying out...seems like their should be a few more..with 2 schools and all.
Sioux Fan

2007 Roster

Post by Sioux Fan »

Here are the players that were offered roster spots this evening.

Section 1A 1AA Elite II \
Final Roster
# Player Name High School Position Shoots
Nic Scudamore Rochester Lourdes Goalie
Cole Peterson Rochester Lourdes Forward
Jordan Prescher-Smerud Albert Lea Forward
Mitch Arens Rochester Century Forward
Zach Radtke Owatonna Forward
Andrew Bruggeman Mankato West Forward
Tyler Voigt Rochester Lourdes Forward
Blake Schammel Red Wing Forward
Sean Stewart New Ulm Forward
Bill Simon Lakeville South Forward
Grant Pavek Faribault Forward
George Noesen Red Wing Forward
Joe Faupel Rochester Century Forward
Taylor Funk Rochester Lourdes Forward
Charlie Hexum Rochester Lourdes Forward
Ryne Hanson Marshall Forward
Kyle Kozelka Owatonna Defense
Grant Paulson Owatonna Defense
Erik Ordahl Rochester Century Defense
Pete Spratte Rochester Lourdes Defense
Dan Roschen Red Wing Defense
Bryan Mitchell Red Wing Defense
Cody Kohn New Ulm Defense
Conner Faupel Rochester Century Defense
Matt Arentz Lakeville North Goalie

alt. Tyler Bruggeman Mankato WestGoalie
alt. Rudi Schiebel Rochester Mayo Forward
alt. Brandon Chezick Rochester Lourdes Forward
alt. Rick Weber Rochester Mayo Defense
alt. Nick Wylam Rochester Lourdes Defense
Fighting Sioux Forever
mrhockey08

Post by mrhockey08 »

Jeff Vivant is currently a senior at lakeville north and is quite possibly the most underrated player in the lake conference
pioneerhockey12

f

is there stats on the website from this league? cuz i looked and i didnt see any?
eagle4life9

Post by eagle4life9 »

The reason a lot of Lakeville kids don't tryout is because I know at least at North they aren't pushed a lot to do it. It's more of something they can do if they feel like it and it doesn't help that they have to go all the way down to Kassan for two straight weekends. Any kid that plays a fall sport isn't going to want to go down and spend 16 hours on the ice on the weekend.
Pucknutz69

Post by Pucknutz69 »

That is why the teams have 21-23 kids on the roster. They all take 3-4 games off and can miss what they want. The games are all on Sat and Sun so they can play football Friday night.
pioneerhockey12

f

16 hour tryouts? thats ridiculous especially when its in kasson if they want more lakeville kids they should put it in like fairibault
gopher1

Post by gopher1 »

16hrs of tryouts!!!! you've got to be kidding!!! The coach should be able to pick a team after 8 hrs of ice time, plus having it in Faribault would mean all the Rochester players would have to drive further. It would be great if more Lakeville kids would tryout. Kasson is a long drive when your leaving the rink after 9pm on a school night. Not sure if the Rochester players would go for that.
Sioux Fan

Post by Sioux Fan »

I have two Lakeville players and I think they are having a good time and getting better.

I had several here for tryouts and I miss the Binder boys and Hakan from last year.

The 16 hours of tryouts is to make sure we don't miss anyone and that helps us get ready for the season.

I enjoy having the Lakeville Northfield boys we have them from Mankato and Marshall and New Ulm too!!!

They make it every night to practice and that is the best part.

I like how we do it and I probably won't change if a good player from Lakeville makes the commitment we will try to get him better.

Bill Simon is really playing well as is Matt Arentz. Both good kids that show up to work hard every time we have a game or practice.
Fighting Sioux Forever
slapnasty

Post by slapnasty »

Oh no its all about what the Rochester and Lakeville kids want because theres nobody else in section 1 but those 2 schools.
G-Nos616

Post by G-Nos616 »

whats this i hear about a bench clearing brawl between this team and shattuck up in blaine this past weekend? anyone have any info. on what happened or why it was started? I saw Shattuck won the game 6-2.
BlueLiner

Shattuck Elite II

Post by BlueLiner »

There was a Shattuck player that was kicked out and given a game for dropping the gloves on a section 6 player a few weeks ago in Blaine also. Looks like they have a chip on their shoulders of some kind.
davey

Post by davey »

G-Nos616 wrote:whats this i hear about a bench clearing brawl between this team and shattuck up in blaine this past weekend? anyone have any info. on what happened or why it was started? I saw Shattuck won the game 6-2.
Don't know where you got your info. No fight at all, just some questionable officiating that got 1A/1AA a little riled up. I thought Sioux Fan might pop a vein. When the hat comes off, you know he doesn't agree
bstarr15

Post by bstarr15 »

correct no bench clearing brawl, they did have a little scrum in front of the net and some pushing when the goalie got bumped after the whistle.
The call that got Souix fan worked up was legit and terrible call by the ref.
Clean face on check in the 1A/1AA zone and takes SSM player off the puck we score and the ref waives it off calling 1A/1AA player for tripping.?????
That would have made the score 4-3 and mojo going for 1A/1AA
Seemed the refs didn't make calls on cheap shot stuff then made calls on things that were clean. One of the poorest games by refs I've seen when to date most have been pretty good.
It does seem the "new rules" have been forgotten, lots of clutch and grab and the hitting from behind they allow has been terrible. Either call it check from behind or charging, something. I don't think I've seen a call for checking from behind and I've seen plenty that should have been called.
HOCKco.Gary

jeff vivant

Post by HOCKco.Gary »

Jeff vivant

Who is he and why is he underrated? Ive never heard of him
quickgym guy

Re: jeff vivant

Post by quickgym guy »

HOCKco.Gary wrote:Jeff vivant

Who is he and why is he underrated? Ive never heard of him
Trying to pump yourself up...
pioneerhockey12

f

well seeing as the lonly other post that HockeyCoGary had was about how bad the lakevilles are this year i dont think thats him
HOCKco.Gary

Post by HOCKco.Gary »

pioneerhockey, that is correct, lakeville(s) will be terrible, and obviously this Jeff Vivant character doesn't exist
eagle4life9

Post by eagle4life9 »

jeff vivant does exist and he plays for lakeville norht and had 10 points last year as a junior...thats all i know becuase thats all maxpreps told me...so if he really is good then he will have to score alot more than 10 points if he wants lakeville norht to be good at all because i also noticed that they only have 3 forwards coming back and none of them had more than 12 points
Jbone

Post by Jbone »

No recruits from Farmington? Or do they not produce any Elite "2" caliber boys?