The best scoring line in section 8a. What team?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

XL energy center

The best scoring line in section 8a. What team?

Post by XL energy center »

What team will have the best scoring line in section 8a?
SB24

Post by SB24 »

park rapids
RIP suzy 12.10.2006 - 2.27.2008
XL energy center

best line

wow sb24 you are usually ripping on pr and usually talking up warroad big surprise. whos on that line?
SB24

Post by SB24 »

the one and only zack MF Lehrke. all it takes!
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Bemidji - Schulz, Reierson & Nemgar.
XL energy center

section 8a hockey

They might be good but I no that pr and warroad will have a better scoring line then that. pr will have lehrke at center and they have a couple of decent wings they can throw with him I no that line will score a ton. warroad will probably have ravndalen hahn and ?, but they will score a lot too. that is my opinion.
mn4hockey

best line in 8a

Post by mn4hockey »

I would look for warroad's first line to put up some numbers, although i don't know if they'll have much after that. If there first line consists of Hahn, Shaugaby and Ravendalen(spelling's probably wrong on the names). They should be pretty solid. I know that Hahn and Ravendalen are both playing for the great plains team, and are two pretty impressive hockey players. Lets see if they can work together, this looks to be a very individualistic team.
BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ »

Isn't it always Warroad's top line? Why even debate this? Throw a couple guys on Ravendahlen's line and call it good. It's not too difficult for Warroad to get out of a section where people are debating and saying Park Rapids has the best line in the section. That's actually pretty gross and Warrior nation should be ashamed to play against these guys.
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

BERG RENOLZ wrote:Isn't it always Warroad's top line? Why even debate this? Throw a couple guys on Ravendahlen's line and call it good. It's not too difficult for Warroad to get out of a section where people are debating and saying Park Rapids has the best line in the section. That's actually pretty gross and Warrior nation should be ashamed to play against these guys.
Ashamed to play against these guys? Believe it or not there are very talented players around Northern Minnesota outside of Warroad. Park Rapids has some guns, as do most of the other teams around section 8.
SB24

Shut Up!

Post by SB24 »

Berg i think you need to quit posting on here until you've read the site for a while and get to know the people. That will help you out with the sarcasm...

also for those of you that think Ravndalen is the only player Warroad has this year, i'm going to suggest the name "Hahn" to you...
warriors07

Post by warriors07 »

i think SB 24 is the best minnhock message board player in the history of minnhock message boarding, guy is amazing
BERG RENOLZ

Re: Shut Up!

Post by BERG RENOLZ »

SB24 wrote:Berg i think you need to quit posting on here until you've read the site for a while and get to know the people. That will help you out with the sarcasm...

also for those of you that think Ravndalen is the only player Warroad has this year, i'm going to suggest the name "Hahn" to you...
Thanks for the advice, i'll take it into consideration.
SB24

Post by SB24 »

poster not player
SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit »

SB24 wrote:the one and only zack MF Lehrke. all it takes!
Did that just come out of your mouth (computer screen)....WHAT??!!!...I dont even know what to say about that
SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit »

BERG RENOLZ wrote:Isn't it always Warroad's top line? Why even debate this? Throw a couple guys on Ravendahlen's line and call it good. It's not too difficult for Warroad to get out of a section where people are debating and saying Park Rapids has the best line in the section. That's actually pretty gross and Warrior nation should be ashamed to play against these guys.
I already dont like this guy.....go away haha
BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ »

SiouxRecruit wrote:
I already dont like this guy.....go away haha
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Why does Warroad play in class A? The apparent "hockeytown" plays for the class A title. I know why they have a two class sytem. It's cool that they do. I just find it very difficult to give respect to the Warriors when they won't step up and play with the big boys. They have good tradition, good hockey players, and a good hockey community. All to play for the JV high school hockey championship. It also gets them in debates about whether they or the Park Rapids "whatever they are" have the best line in the section. :lol:
Undercover Hockey Lover

Post by Undercover Hockey Lover »

Bergie...your din sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher...Wah-Wah-Wah...Wah-Wah...Wah-Wah-Wah..Wah-Wah toss in a few blah-blah-blahs and there's the extent of what you've added here. If you can't say anything nice...go play in your AA sandbox. :P
Art=BAD_ICE

Post by Art=BAD_ICE »

[quote="BERG RENOLZ"][quote="SiouxRecruit"][quote="BERG RENOLZ"]Isn't it always Warroad's top line? Why even debate this? Throw a couple guys on Ravendahlen's line and call it good. It's not too difficult for Warroad to get out of a section where people are debating and saying Park Rapids has the best line in the section. That's actually pretty gross and Warrior nation should be ashamed to play against these guys.[/quote]

I already dont like this guy.....go away haha[/quote]

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Why does Warroad play in class A? The apparent "hockeytown" plays for the class A title. I know why they have a two class sytem. It's cool that they do. I just find it very difficult to give respect to the Warriors when they won't step up and play with the big boys. They have good tradition, good hockey players, and a good hockey community. All to play for the JV high school hockey championship. It also gets them in debates about whether they or the Park Rapids "whatever they are" have the best line in the section. :lol:[/quote]

YO Berggy, just stop talking, you are making everyonw that reads your posts more stupid in a faster time frame than thwy should be. Yes Warroad could make the jump to AA and do quite well. But what you are not understanding and what is making people upset is the fact that you aren't giving A hockey the credit it deserves, especially 8A hockey. There are some very good hockey teams in Section 8A every year. There are many AA teams out there that are terrible but must play AA because of school size. Pequot Lakes, Como, River Lakes, Monticello are just a couple that come to mind. Now i am by no means saying that the top end AA schools aren't the best in the state, they are because there 3rd and 4th lines and 5th and 6th d-men are more talented. The seperation isnot in the high end guys on AA and A teams it is in the depth of each squad. It coupld be debated forever, and probably will be, but don't knock Section 8A, it produces some fine players and some great hockey each and every year.
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

Art=BAD_ICE wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:
SiouxRecruit wrote: I already dont like this guy.....go away haha
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Why does Warroad play in class A? The apparent "hockeytown" plays for the class A title. I know why they have a two class sytem. It's cool that they do. I just find it very difficult to give respect to the Warriors when they won't step up and play with the big boys. They have good tradition, good hockey players, and a good hockey community. All to play for the JV high school hockey championship. It also gets them in debates about whether they or the Park Rapids "whatever they are" have the best line in the section. :lol:

YO Berggy, just stop talking, you are making everyonw that reads your posts more stupid in a faster time frame than thwy should be. Yes Warroad could make the jump to AA and do quite well. But what you are not understanding and what is making people upset is the fact that you aren't giving A hockey the credit it deserves, especially 8A hockey. There are some very good hockey teams in Section 8A every year. There are many AA teams out there that are terrible but must play AA because of school size. Pequot Lakes, Como, River Lakes, Monticello are just a couple that come to mind. Now i am by no means saying that the top end AA schools aren't the best in the state, they are because there 3rd and 4th lines and 5th and 6th d-men are more talented. The seperation isnot in the high end guys on AA and A teams it is in the depth of each squad. It coupld be debated forever, and probably will be, but don't knock Section 8A, it produces some fine players and some great hockey each and every year.
Well said. =D> Another AA team that comes to mind is Becker/Big Lake, who don't even have an arena to call their own but are forced to play with the AA schools because of their size.
BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ »

Art=BAD_ICE wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:
SiouxRecruit wrote: I already dont like this guy.....go away haha
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!

I'm not knocking section 8A, I'm knocking Warroad. I get to hear how great they are and how it's "hockeytown". Class A should exist, i said that in a previous post. Class A produces some great hockey players, especially section 8A because of mainly Warroad. Should Warroad play class A? Apparently they should because that's where they are. I just think it's a joke that they want to. I'm sure they'll pile up there Class A championships and think they're all that and then some, but i'll never buy it until they step up and play with the big boys.

Now, go give a hand job to your favorite player from Park Rapids! :twisted:
Undercover Hockey Lover

Post by Undercover Hockey Lover »

See Ya...Bergie boy!
slashman42

Post by slashman42 »

For the life of me I wish I could find the post somewhere on the net to back this up. But I can't anymore. That being said...

What I had read years ago was that at the time that hockey became 2 classes, the powers at be at Warroad did not want to move to AA so that their players could get more exposure by scouts at the higher levels. By being buried in AA powers like Roseau and Morehead, their kids would not gain the exposure that they would if they stayed in A, where they could be a power every year. By being a yearly 'school to beat', scouts would be able to more readily see the talent they had.

That would also seem to be accurate in that since the split, I think there may have been only a few Warroad teams that probably would have advanced to State, one being their undefeated team of 2005. Even that year their contest against Morehead ended up in a tie. Who knows what may have happened in sections that year.

Anyhow, whether that even matters anymore is beyond me, and I would guess that other hockey programs such as Elites would make the recruiting issue less of a factor today. Although keep in mind that the top tier Elite program just started it's 6th year, and the split occurred 13 years ago, back in '94.

I'm guessing the scouts have their eye on who's good no matter where they play. And they seem to be fairly connected. While at elites this past weekend in the morning section, we had a Sioux Falls (guessing junior league?) scout and a scout from from Hamlin behind us, all sharing information on players. Was pretty cool to listen and talk to them.
the mullet

Post by the mullet »

BERG RENOLZ wrote:
Art=BAD_ICE wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote: I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!

I'm not knocking section 8A, I'm knocking Warroad. I get to hear how great they are and how it's "hockeytown". Class A should exist, i said that in a previous post. Class A produces some great hockey players, especially section 8A because of mainly Warroad. Should Warroad play class A? Apparently they should because that's where they are. I just think it's a joke that they want to. I'm sure they'll pile up there Class A championships and think they're all that and then some, but i'll never buy it until they step up and play with the big boys.

Now, go give a hand job to your favorite player from Park Rapids! :twisted:
Hey, there is now need for that on here, debate, but just because someone makes a point that you don't agree with, doesn't mean you need to make an immature comment like that. That being said, Parks best player would be#1 forward on your favorite teams roster. #2 overall, Right behind that d-man that is so damn good.
Art=BAD_ICE

Post by Art=BAD_ICE »

:roll: Oh Berggie, Stupid, insultive comments such as that one only adds to the level of ignorance that you have already displayed on this site. I was halfway agreeing with you, Warroad could and probably should move up, but they don't have to, nor does Hermantown, St. Thomas Ac., Duluth Marshall, ect. And there is nothing wrong with that. So just stop being an incredible idiot and post somthing worth reading...please
BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ »

Art=BAD_ICE wrote::roll: Oh Berggie, Stupid, insultive comments such as that one only adds to the level of ignorance that you have already displayed on this site. I was halfway agreeing with you, Warroad could and probably should move up, but they don't have to, nor does Hermantown, St. Thomas Ac., Duluth Marshall, ect. And there is nothing wrong with that. So just stop being an incredible idiot and post somthing worth reading...please
I like being the stupid guy, it adds to my mystique. I'm just saying it how I see it. I'm not from Warroad like some people think, I just take dumps there. Warroad hockey is going downhill fast and i couldn't be happier! It's the "we're scared to play with the big boys" curse. Happens to the best of em'. Look 20 miles to the west and you'll see what a real "hockeytown" is.

I forgot, they opted up because they were scared of the Warriors! :lol: