The best scoring line in section 8a. What team?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

realmnhockey07

Post by realmnhockey07 »

i think warroad will have a pretty solid line in hahn, ravndalen, and shaugaby. but PR will also have some talent to compete with it. And every year some team will surprise us all so i say we wait and see what happens.
realmnhockey07

Post by realmnhockey07 »

o yes and berg may i remind you it was a short 3 years ago that your beloved rams lost 15-1 in your very own memorial arena. that is all
BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ »

realmnhockey07 wrote:o yes and berg may i remind you it was a short 3 years ago that your beloved rams lost 15-1 in your very own memorial arena. that is all
:lol: What's your point? You don't think i knew that? The Warriors had a good team that year, Roseau sucked. Where did the Warriors go? To the class A state tournament! Wow, exciting! Roseau will have down years, it's a small town. Warroad will get the best of them at times. So what! Warroad could've competed for the AA title in 05' i believe it was, but they brought home the big class A trophy instead! Roseau will lose to the class A Warriors at times, it will happen. I don't see it anytime soon, but that's besides the point. Warraod wants to compete in class A! Roseau wants to compete in class AA! The reasons for that can be assumed anyway you want to assume it. My opinion is that Warroad doesn't think they can compete and win a AA title, but they know they can probably win plenty of A titles. Roseau doesn't want class A titles, if they win it, they want to win it all. If anyone wants to view it a different way, that's fine. This is an opinion based forum. If Warroad is happy where they'are at, good for them. I'd just like to see them step up and make the rivalry what it used to be.
warriors07

Post by warriors07 »

berg renolz, you are prolly the biggest duster on here, honestly with some of the stupidness of your comments, i would like to meet the duster of all dusters.

get a life

sweet name too
FollowThePuck

Wrong Answers to the Question???

Post by FollowThePuck »

Are some people asking the wrong questions? Instead of asking why Warroad won't move up to AA because they are so good, how come most of the A schools with the same student enrollment can't compete with Warroad? The Hermantowns and the Duluth Marshalls are as good as Warroad these days. Hermantown and Marshall do quite well against the AA schools. So, why aren't the single A schools, especially in Section 8A, at the same level as a Warroad?

I commend Roseau for wanting to move up but they really don't have to. Maybe they are the 'stupid' ones for moving up BUT their success rejects that notion. They are getting the best out of their kids. Hockey is life up there.

To qualify this, I don't live anywhere near the NW part of Minnesota. Actually, I live very near the area that gets a lot of criticism for their current quality of play.

I actually wish there was just one class. I love the small school vs. the big school rivalries. But, since they have two classes, I have no problem with Warroad wanting to the best of the schools that are more their size.
BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ »

warriors07 wrote:berg renolz, you are prolly the biggest duster on here, honestly with some of the stupidness of your comments, i would like to meet the duster of all dusters.

get a life

sweet name too
I love when people take it so seriously. You're from Warroad, so apparently i'm attacking you. I'm the stupid one though, right? I'd like an example of one of my stupid comments? Also, i'd like your definition of "duster"? Everything i've said is my honest opinion of Warrior hockey. If you don't like my opinion, don't use it as your own. My advice to you would be to move 20 miles to the west. :lol: That's an actual "hockeytown", they don't have to put that on their watertower.
SB24

Post by SB24 »

yeah prob should look at some of warriors07s posts, NOT FROM WARROAD! lol P.s we all have heard your honest opinion many times now. So why not go talk about your own team.
RIP suzy 12.10.2006 - 2.27.2008
BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ »

SB24 wrote:yeah prob should look at some of warriors07s posts, NOT FROM WARROAD! lol P.s we all have heard your honest opinion many times now. So why not go talk about your own team.
I don't have a team, assign me one please.
Art=BAD_ICE

Post by Art=BAD_ICE »

Hmmmm, how about team PLUG, that is very fitting, I feel, now this is just my humble opinion so don't take it too seriously.
realmnhockey07

Post by realmnhockey07 »

yes you are right roseau is on and off and so is warroad but you cant say they need to compete with the big boys they still play your holy AA teams during the season and win. is that not good enough for you or would it make you feel better if warroad could beat roseau in the playoffs again
BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ »

realmnhockey07 wrote:yes you are right roseau is on and off and so is warroad but you cant say they need to compete with the big boys they still play your holy AA teams during the season and win. is that not good enough for you or would it make you feel better if warroad could beat roseau in the playoffs again
yes it would. It would be fun if roseau and warroad had to play each other to advance to St. Paul. Warroad has the ability to beat AA teams most years, so why not step up and play them when it counts?
SB24

Post by SB24 »

i hate to say it berg but i agree, and wish they would.
realmnhockey07

Post by realmnhockey07 »

i think it would be exciting too. maybe warroad has to small of a school im not sure. but i do agree with you finally berg that would be exciting and i wish it would happen
warriors07

Post by warriors07 »

hey SB24

It's tough to say who is better between Ravendalen and Lehrke...
but i know you have always picked Ravendalen because of the week schedule Lehrke plays...well the elite league isn't too weak from what i have noticed...and lehrke seems to be doing alright there as far as pointwise..don't get me wrong Ravendalen is a great player..but i dont think you can say he is overall bettter than lehrke at this point

both great players
SB24

Post by SB24 »

Ravendalen is a better overall player at this point than Lehrke is...don't doubt me, i had no trouble at all saying it :lol:
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

He's bigger, I won't say bett... 8)
warriors07

Post by warriors07 »

hahah...ok
the mullet

Post by the mullet »

SB24 wrote:Ravendalen is a better overall player at this point than Lehrke is...don't doubt me, i had no trouble at all saying it :lol:

I couldn't DISagree more. :D And I doubt almost everything you say.
SB24

Post by SB24 »

I couldn't care less. :) ravebdalen is committed lehrke is not. they score just about the same amount of points, one plays on a team with other players to play with, one doesnt we could talk about that all day, in the end someone who knows more about hockey then u or I offered ravendalen a scholarships not lehrke. and dont tell me that lehrke was offered by a wcha school and he is waiting to decide. i dont buy it
warriors07

Post by warriors07 »

scholarships...so st.cloud offered him two or more scholarships..ic
warriors07

Post by warriors07 »

dont worry though SB..still, by far, the best on minnhock
warriors07

Post by warriors07 »

why does lehrke have a bunch of points in the elite league....maybe because he is playing with better players...which was said all along....that when lehrke moves on...and gets some better players...it'll show how good he really is...but since he isnt commited right now....which really doesnt matter because he like most of the elite seniors...are going to play in the ushl next year anyways....hes still not very good...cause he isnt commited...yepp i figured it out sb...you are right again.. if you think lerke has zero chance of commiting to a wcha school, shows how much hockey knowledge you have

on the other hand though..i honestly believe you have some good hockey knowledge..just can't admit when a great player from a non-traditional hockey town is as equal to a great player from a tradition hockey town
Undercover Hockey Lover

Post by Undercover Hockey Lover »

warriors07 wrote:why does lehrke have a bunch of points in the elite league....maybe because he is playing with better players...which was said all along....that when lehrke moves on...and gets some better players...it'll show how good he really is...but since he isnt commited right now....which really doesnt matter because he like most of the elite seniors...are going to play in the ushl next year anyways....hes still not very good...cause he isnt commited...yepp i figured it out sb...you are right again.. if you think lerke has zero chance of commiting to a wcha school, shows how much hockey knowledge you have

on the other hand though..i honestly believe you have some good hockey knowledge..just can't admit when a great player from a non-traditional hockey town is as equal to a great player from a tradition hockey town
Couple of points to consider here. #1. Not EVERY player that plays in the Elite League is going to play in the WCHA or goes D-1. Not saying the kid from PR won't be a D-1 player someday just not all the good ones get there. Some take the D-3 route and most of those get a way better education at those schools. An education paid for by hockey or any sport for that matter at a MIAC school is pretty damn valuable. I would probably have to say that a Sheepskin from St. Thomas, Gustavus, Hamline, St. John's, St. Olaf or any other private is worth more in the job market (the REAL world) than one from Mankato, Bemidji, St. Cloud, UMD, UND or even the U itself. #2. Not EVERY player that makes a verbal commitment to a school actually winds up playing there. #3. The two guys you all seem fixated on still haven't played their senior season nor have have they played a game in Juniors. Two or even three years of hockey before either just has a chance to put on a college sweater. #4. Some of these kids hang em' up after HS or Juniors and go into the real world or go just go to school as Joe Student.

It's been said on here many times before there are many things that can happen to a person that changes the future. Sex, drugs, booze, lack of trying in the classroom or what have you can end a career before it even really begins and at this age three years can be a lifetime. Now that said let's put this argument to bed at least until the season has gotten going.
gerryodrowski

Post by gerryodrowski »

Undercover: "An education paid for by hockey or any sport for that matter at a MIAC school is pretty damn valuable". You might add "pretty damn impossible to find".
Undercover Hockey Lover

Post by Undercover Hockey Lover »

gerryodrowski wrote:Undercover: "An education paid for by hockey or any sport for that matter at a MIAC school is pretty damn valuable". You might add "pretty damn impossible to find".
I don't know about that they may not call them "scholarships" but I have friends that have had HUGE chunks of their educations paid for by the school and alumni funds. If they want a player they find a way.