The best scoring line in section 8a. What team?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

mn4hockey

Post by mn4hockey »

not to bring this up again, because the topic of this link is the best line in section 8a, but i noticed a lot of people arguing about warroad going AA. we could gone on all day about this and get nowhere... im originally from warroad and i wish we would have been AA... cuz we were beating everyone when i was there... but that doesn't mean it's the best move for the organization... you're gonna have a tough winnin an arguement with anyone from warroad about why the should move to AA, cause in the back of their heads the wish they were probably there... i also saw some berg guy knocking warroad for being "Hockeytown"... you're right when it comes to high school hockey roseau has the history over everyone. 7 state tournaments, most in the state... but warroad isn't called hockeytown just for high school hockey... did you forget about that one team called the Warroad Lakers... they were only around for 50 years (1947-1997), they had players from all around northern minnesota... and some from southern Manitoba... played everyone from minot state university.. to USA olympic teams and beat almost all of them at one time or another... than there's that other team call the Fighting Sioux... a big part of them starting to play "Big College Hockey" (D1) is credited to a number of guys, one being Cal Marvin in the 1940's... than there's also a large number of Olympic, Professional, and College players that come from warroad... warroad also has a hockey arena that holds almost 3,000. there population is only 1700. Those are some of the reasons why warroad is called HockeyTown... Warroad and Roseau hate eachother when they're playin eachother.. i would love to see them playing eacher to get to st. paul... but i think you'll find that when they arent playing eachother they're normally cheering for the other... i was cheering for roseau at the tournament this year... basically my point is... these two towns speak for themselves with history. why do you feel the need to knock one or the other?
hands19

Post by hands19 »

Theres no way Hahn and Ravandalen will play together, Ravendalen is way to much of a puck hog to ever pass to Hahn. The "coaches" wont ever think about it. Better to keep them on seperate lines, spread out the talent.
SB24

Post by SB24 »

yeah i dont see them playing on the same line
RIP suzy 12.10.2006 - 2.27.2008
hockeyfan9er

best line in 8a

Post by hockeyfan9er »

I think that the ravendalen line will be good but westerlund, hasbargen, and usiski will put up numbers