Best first line in 1a?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

01state

Best first line in 1a?

Post by 01state » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:17 am

which team do you think has the best first line?.. and what are there names that are on the line?

merritt29

Post by merritt29 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:54 pm

well since no one wants to comment on this i guess i will..
i would have to say that my team of austin has a pretty good first line..
swatfager..dooley..merritt..

davey

Post by davey » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:19 am

Merritt
That's a Solid Line....for any of the top teams third line

merritt29

Post by merritt29 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:10 am

davey wrote:Merritt
That's a Solid Line....for any of the top teams third line

HA!.. funny.... i would hate to here about are 2nd and 3rd line.. plus this is a good line to me bcuz this is all i got then next year i have no one

NewFoundDangle99

Post by NewFoundDangle99 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:28 am

The line from rochester Lourdes with Funk on it. That kid can play some puck.

slapnasty

Post by slapnasty » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:57 pm

well since no one wants to comment on this i guess i will..
i would have to say that my team of austin has a pretty good first line..
swatfager..dooley..merritt..
First off the question was the best first line in the section...and no offense but Austin's first line would be competitive with teams like New Prague and Lourdes 4th line.

slapnasty

Post by slapnasty » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:02 pm

HA!.. funny.... i would hate to here about are 2nd and 3rd line.. plus this is a good line to me bcuz this is all i got then next year i have no one
So the way u make it sound Merritt u r the one team on Austin. Well, I guess it looks like even Winona will have an easy game against Austin this year.

merritt29

Post by merritt29 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:17 pm

slapnasty wrote:
So the way u make it sound Merritt u r the one team on Austin. Well, I guess it looks like even Winona will have an easy game against Austin this year.

we have one good line and one line of defense.... are 2nd line is going to need some help and are third line i don't even know.

i really don't know if we will have a jv i'm sure we will.. it will probly be one line plus who ever is going to be on jv 1st period and one line 2nd period and then probly 8 kids if that to finish the game.

davey

Post by davey » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:18 pm

merritt29 wrote:
slapnasty wrote:

we have one good line and one line of defense.... are 2nd line is going to need some help and are third line i don't even know.

i really don't know if we will have a jv i'm sure we will.. it will probly be one line plus who ever is going to be on jv 1st period and one line 2nd period and then probly 8 kids if that to finish the game.
Not sure which of these are the best, but here are some pretty good lines

NP- Lapic, Adams, Ambrosz
RW Schammel, Kesti, Noesen
Lourdes Voigt, Funk, Peterson
West Litchfield, Leivermann, Anderson
Far Pavek, Smuda,???
AL Woodside, Smerud-Prescher, ????

Not sure if all these kids play together as coaches tend to shuffle around kids to find the best chemistry, but my guess is these are the most talented on each team as far as forwards go

swats10

Post by swats10 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:37 pm

Far Pavek, Smuda,???

Believe the ? is Alex Larson, should be a solid line, question is does faribault have depth after this line? haven't heard much about this team other than the helgeson ordeal

slapnasty

Post by slapnasty » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:11 pm

Yes Helgeson has been all the attention this off-season with what his decision was gonna be, Pavek is a great player and will definately have a great year for Faribault.

futureeagle

Post by futureeagle » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:49 pm

i honestly dont see what people see in jordan preshcher i dont think that he is that great of a player i went to an elite 2 game yeah he made elite 2 i dont know how but i think he saw about 6 shifts all game and i didnt see anything special out of the kid except speed he works hard but i see no future for him no stick handling couldnt get a shot off whe i think he had one shot it was horrible i dont even think he will be on first line this year

greenline

Post by greenline » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:23 am

Slapnasty Austin's first line is not as bad as Lourdes or New Prague's third line, your way off on that one. Especially in class A even the top teams do not have that great of depth.
And a tip against West's first line just hit them, Anderson is around 5'4, and Litchfield has an inch or two on him, Lieverman is not as fast as the other two but he is bigger and will get stupid penalties.

aspartame

Post by aspartame » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:35 pm

Greenline...Anderson is one tough bugger. He will take his licks and get back up and keep playing hard. Litchfield has sweet dangles to go around a lot of hits but if there is one person that really does not want to be touched would be Litchfield. As for Leivermann he does take dumb penalties but he also makes up for it with his scoring power, also Leivermann takes lots of hits and dishes out a lot of hits too. He also will be a much better skater when he is finished with Elite league.

gopher1

Post by gopher1 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:50 pm

futureeagle wrote:i honestly dont see what people see in jordan preshcher i dont think that he is that great of a player i went to an elite 2 game yeah he made elite 2 i dont know how but i think he saw about 6 shifts all game and i didnt see anything special out of the kid except speed he works hard but i see no future for him no stick handling couldnt get a shot off whe i think he had one shot it was horrible i dont even think he will be on first line this year
I saw preshcher at the tryouts and wondered how he made the Sec. 1 team, I agree with futureeagle, don't see much in his abilities, except being quick.

davey

Post by davey » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:51 pm

aspartame wrote:Greenline...Anderson is one tough bugger. He will take his licks and get back up and keep playing hard. Litchfield has sweet dangles to go around a lot of hits but if there is one person that really does not want to be touched would be Litchfield. As for Leivermann he does take dumb penalties but he also makes up for it with his scoring power, also Leivermann takes lots of hits and dishes out a lot of hits too. He also will be a much better skater when he is finished with Elite league.
Leivermann will be one of the top 2 players in the Section. He is having a great start to the Elite league 6 goal 2 assists

Grizwald

Post by Grizwald » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:25 pm

Al's top first will probably be bowman woodside and hughes

tpshockey30

Post by tpshockey30 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:42 pm

Well AL has a good first line pretty much every year unfortunatley, and Northfield... What do they have this year?

New Prague's will probably be good........... Austins( yaaaa riiiiight they aint got nothing)

West's I'm guessing will be strong...again!

East's... Average

Waseca's... Average/moderately dangerous

Marshall's.... OK at best

Fairbault.... No idea... just have to watch them a lil bit before I know

Im prolly forgeting some... but Im tired and bored....

**If your not first.... your last** peace

davey

Post by davey » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:46 pm

davey wrote:
aspartame wrote:Greenline...Anderson is one tough bugger. He will take his licks and get back up and keep playing hard. Litchfield has sweet dangles to go around a lot of hits but if there is one person that really does not want to be touched would be Litchfield. As for Leivermann he does take dumb penalties but he also makes up for it with his scoring power, also Leivermann takes lots of hits and dishes out a lot of hits too. He also will be a much better skater when he is finished with Elite league.
Leivermann will be one of the top 2 players in the Section. He is having a great start to the Elite league 6 goal 2 assists
Leivermann in the top 15 in points in Elite league and is the 6th highest goal scorer. Just goes to show what hard work and committment will do to improve a player as I know this kid has worked his tail off the past 6 months

the MILF man

Post by the MILF man » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:22 pm

Davey, you are correct with leivermann, anderson, and litchfield being on west's top line. but if i remember correctly they had bruggeman and deopre mix in with those three and sometimes it almost worked better. those two others are very hard workers and know the game well. it will be interesting to see what their coach decides on for the lines.

golfreak

Post by golfreak » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:49 pm

When we are talking about lines with AL you almost have to talk about their first two lines as they have at least 6 players that could fit anywhere in here.

Look for Dokken, Woodside, Hughes, and Bowman. Presher works very hard and is strong. Don't be surprised to hear about Grant Stadheim or Mitch Sorenson. Both juniors who could prove to be very productive. AL is the deepest team in this section.

davey

Post by davey » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:30 am

golfreak wrote:When we are talking about lines with AL you almost have to talk about their first two lines as they have at least 6 players that could fit anywhere in here.

Look for Dokken, Woodside, Hughes, and Bowman. Presher works very hard and is strong. Don't be surprised to hear about Grant Stadheim or Mitch Sorenson. Both juniors who could prove to be very productive. AL is the deepest team in this section.
We'll see. Not quite sure AL is the deepest. That is why they play the game. I agree Woodside and Bowman are real solid. Between the other 5 you have 46 points returning.

golfreak

Post by golfreak » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:19 am

Davey,
You need to remember how deep AL was for forwards last year. Practically their first two lines were seniors and played ahead of everyone. I think what's going to help AL this year is that they can put their third line out in the third period to give the big guns a blow. The coaching staff there is really good about knowing when and how to use their players.

aflac

Post by aflac » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:06 am

I think you all are forgetting about the Lourdes boys Funk Peterson and Voight! We all know that voight should have been in Elite I! They each had over 25pts last year as sophmores! Expect big things out of these 3

rickwardo44

Post by rickwardo44 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:14 pm

gopher1 wrote:
futureeagle wrote:i honestly dont see what people see in jordan preshcher i dont think that he is that great of a player i went to an elite 2 game yeah he made elite 2 i dont know how but i think he saw about 6 shifts all game and i didnt see anything special out of the kid except speed he works hard but i see no future for him no stick handling couldnt get a shot off whe i think he had one shot it was horrible i dont even think he will be on first line this year
I saw preshcher at the tryouts and wondered how he made the Sec. 1 team, I agree with futureeagle, don't see much in his abilities, except being quick.

just so you know elite 2 isnt that hard to make if ur any kind of player so this kid must really suck if hes not deserving of an elite 2 spot