Best first line in 1a?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

davey

Post by davey »

aflac wrote:I think you all are forgetting about the Lourdes boys Funk Peterson and Voight! We all know that voight should have been in Elite I! They each had over 25pts last year as sophmores! Expect big things out of these 3
Pretty sure in an earlier post I listed the Lourdes boys. Also Voigt isn't exactly tearing up the Elite 2 leage although he is 8th in scoring...on his section 1 TEAM
the MILF man

Post by the MILF man »

okay we all get that lourdes has three main studs that will carry their team, but many other teams have all around players that will get their team farther than Lourdes in the play offs guarentee it.
davey

Post by davey »

the MILF man wrote:Davey, you are correct with leivermann, anderson, and litchfield being on west's top line. but if i remember correctly they had bruggeman and deopre mix in with those three and sometimes it almost worked better. those two others are very hard workers and know the game well. it will be interesting to see what their coach decides on for the lines.
MILF. you could be right. In the end of summer Walmart Cup opening game against Little Falls Bruggeman played with Litchfield and Leivermann, while Anderson played with Deopere and Zimmerman. It gave them two pretty balanced lines with scoring ability and some grittiness to each line. That was the only game that all of the players were their so it might be something they are looking at. Guess we will know in a month or so
EaglehockeyI

best line in 1a

Post by EaglehockeyI »

davey wrote:
the MILF man wrote:Davey, you are correct with leivermann, anderson, and litchfield being on west's top line. but if i remember correctly they had bruggeman and deopre mix in with those three and sometimes it almost worked better. those two others are very hard workers and know the game well. it will be interesting to see what their coach decides on for the lines.
MILF. you could be right. In the end of summer Walmart Cup opening game against Little Falls Bruggeman played with Litchfield and Leivermann, while Anderson played with Deopere and Zimmerman. It gave them two pretty balanced lines with scoring ability and some grittiness to each line. That was the only game that all of the players were their so it might be something they are looking at. Guess we will know in a month or so
i heard they may have some capable young scorers coming in that they could plug into the 2nd line. if that turns out to be true they could move
someone like deopere back to d. that would take care of the open spot left by cramblits graduation. he was their only significant loss on d. with that d group i think they would have a great shot at making the section finals (against Lourdes of course)
the MILF man

Re: best line in 1a

Post by the MILF man »

EaglehockeyI wrote:
davey wrote:
i heard they may have some capable young scorers coming in that they could plug into the 2nd line. if that turns out to be true they could move
someone like deopere back to d. that would take care of the open spot left by cramblits graduation. he was their only significant loss on d. with that d group i think they would have a great shot at making the section finals (against Lourdes of course)
why would west want to move deopre back to D? I have seen that kid skate and he can absolultly fly. there is no reason for him to be sent back to D when he is a great forchecker. Also I dont belive west has much talent moving up but i recall a weber getting played at the walmart cup and thats all i think would be capable to fill other shoes for wests team
bstarr15

Post by bstarr15 »

davey wrote:
aflac wrote:I think you all are forgetting about the Lourdes boys Funk Peterson and Voight! We all know that voight should have been in Elite I! They each had over 25pts last year as sophmores! Expect big things out of these 3
Pretty sure in an earlier post I listed the Lourdes boys. Also Voigt isn't exactly tearing up the Elite 2 leage although he is 8th in scoring...on his section 1 TEAM
This weekend I think Voigt had 4 goals, hat trick sunday with 2 asst. from Funk. He's just fine!!They( Funk Voigt Peterson) accounted for 4 of 5 goals in a shutout by Scudomore.
Funk leds team with 12 points in (6) games, Pavek 11 points 8 games, Schammel 10 points, 8 games, Simons 10 points,8 games Peterson 9 points,(7) Voigt at 7 points(7) but looked strong yesterday against 4A/4AA.
davey

Post by davey »

bstarr15 wrote:
davey wrote:
This weekend I think Voigt had 4 goals, hat trick sunday with 2 asst. from Funk. He's just fine!!They( Funk Voigt Peterson) accounted for 4 of 5 goals in a shutout by Scudomore.
Funk leds team with 12 points in (6) games, Pavek 11 points 8 games, Schammel 10 points, 8 games, Simons 10 points,8 games Peterson 9 points,(7) Voigt at 7 points(7) but looked strong yesterday against 4A/4AA.
bstarr15. Agree with you totally. Voight is starting to light the lamp like he was expected. I thought the Lourdes line played probably the best they have so far.
the MILF man

Post by the MILF man »

Lourdes will be one of the final teams to beat come playoffs. all around they are strong goaltending being their best aspect other than their forwards.
futureeagle

Post by futureeagle »

i Dont think that they have a very strong goaltender in scudamore watched them play against that stage coach team and though i dont think he let a goal in i seen some bad rebounds that he did not control
hockeypux99

Post by hockeypux99 »

futureeagle wrote:i Dont think that they have a very strong goaltender in scudamore watched them play against that stage coach team and though i dont think he let a goal in i seen some bad rebounds that he did not control
Your writing skill is so poor that it is painful to read. If you had a lucid thought I wouldn't be able to tell. Let us know when you graduate from picture books to "big boy" books. The key called 'Caps Lock" is not a way to keep your hat from blowing away on a windy day. The other funny looking keys are called Punk-Shoe-A-Shun marks. They are used to help us decipher when one of your rambling thoughts is to be separated from the next one.
Last edited by hockeypux99 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
the MILF man

Post by the MILF man »

futureeagle wrote:i Dont think that they have a very strong goaltender in scudamore watched them play against that stage coach team and though i dont think he let a goal in i seen some bad rebounds that he did not control
hockeypux is right why dont you make sure your mommy reads over what you say so other HUMAN BEINGS can read it!
EaglehockeyI

Re: best line in 1a

Post by EaglehockeyI »

the MILF man wrote:
EaglehockeyI wrote:
davey wrote:MILF. you could be right. In the end of summer Walmart Cup opening game against Little Falls Bruggeman played with Litchfield and Leivermann, while Anderson played with Deopere and Zimmerman. It gave them two pretty balanced lines with scoring ability and some grittiness to each line. That was the only game that all of the players were their so it might be something they are looking at. Guess we will know in a month or so
why would west want to move deopre back to D? I have seen that kid skate and he can absolultly fly. there is no reason for him to be sent back to D when he is a great forchecker. Also I dont belive west has much talent moving up but i recall a weber getting played at the walmart cup and thats all i think would be capable to fill other shoes for wests team
Adafin for Lourdes last year was a d man with great wheels. he could break another teams forecheck by skating it out of the d end to the offensive zone. he could get back to help break up odd man rushes etc.
he added offense to the line up and they could could get him on the ice more often as defenseman than a forward. same could be said for helgeson at faribault and royce for albert lea. both are the best players on their respective teams and are on the ice alot more than they could be as defensemen. from the blue line they can score plus control the game more. according to the geocities website deopere was a d man at one time and they have to replace cramblits spot. i can't see them breaking up their top line of seniors that have been together for several years. in the old section 1a a decent d maybe was enough to get you through, but the new 1a section is loaded with alot good scorers on the top 6-7 teams. a strong d and good goaltending will make the difference. jmo
swats10

Post by swats10 »

futureeagle, against the stagecoach team scudamore did let in one during the first, and from what i saw of him I wasn't impressed. Noterman didn't seem to be to happy with him after the first period, and the lakeville goalie(Arentz?) ended up going in for him in the 2nd. IMO lourdes weakpoint is their goaltending.
gabT

Post by gabT »

swats10,
You are correct, Arentz did go in for the second. However it was not because of the play of Scudamore it was a planed thing. All goalies played a period that night.
swats10

Post by swats10 »

yea figured that when you took net in the 3rd