Not H.S. but NEW NHL JERSEYS

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

countrygentleman

Not H.S. but NEW NHL JERSEYS

Post by countrygentleman »

What do you y'all think about the new RBK NHL jerseys? I thought I read somewhere that each team is limited to 2 jerseys this year, no 3rd. I think this is the worst idea of all in "new" NHL. At some point Bettman needs to realize that the game belongs to the fans, not RBK. These new jerseys will supposablely be lighter and cause less drag. That in turn is supposed to "bring in more fans to the area in markets where attendence is down". If that isn't the dumbest thing I've ever heard I don't know what is. Does Bettman really think we believe a new jersey will make the players faster??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Iraqnam
Stealth

Post by Stealth »

Think about It., first they change the home team to dark color. Then the retro or third as many call it. Now we have new designs or new material.
Sales baby. But do remember that even today the North Stars are still selling the big “N”.
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

well these games will now be 12.5% faster and much less sweaty so im all for it
MNRinkRat

Post by MNRinkRat »

Do you have a link to what they will look like? I don't believe that these jerseys will make anyone faster on skates. This is a part of the reason I no longer watch the NHL. To much marketing seems to ruin the game.
Let's Play Hockey
Stealth

Post by Stealth »

Your dreaming if you don’t think this is coming to D-1 by you.
You will see high schools. Look how many youth teams went to the silky looking stuff.
That is the whole reason Bill Clinton won the elections was on one gimmick word. CHANGE!
People voted him in based on that.
gh12345

Post by gh12345 »

Bill Clinton did change somethings that were good though. He got the country out of it's national debt. after his terms were up, we some how went back into debt deeper then before...

anyways back to the jersey thing...I'll watch hockey no matter what type of jersey the teams are wearing. I love the sport and a jersey doesn't make a difference. I'm guessing you'll see some high school teams with these new rbk jerseys this year as well.
powerplay009

Post by powerplay009 »

One reason they can't have third jerseys for the year is RBK doesnt have the time to make all these jerseys. They are already booked trying to get jerseys ready for every team and its not like you get one jersey for the year they're making many. I also saw the AHL changed to the new RBK jerseys thats a lot of jerseys to make. Third jerseys will be back for the 08-09 season and that will make even more jersey sales.
Lopresti

Post by Lopresti »

The speed will not change a bit. (Gimmick) The look might change a little bit, but what I'd like to see with the new jerseys is more Canadiens, Maple Leafs, Bruins, Penguins, Devils, Flyers, Rangers and Islanders jerseys at ExCel and less Canucks, Oilers and Flames. Bettman, make every team play at least one home and one road game against every team!
countrygentleman

Post by countrygentleman »

The Wild's Jerseys are now available to see on www.minnesotawild.com Not much change. Apparently Reebok owns the game now. It's disguisting to think about.
Iraqnam
boblee

post 8263

Post by boblee »

I like the new jerseys...too bad they don't have an alternate uni, however.
Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

These jerseys are hideous and flimsy. I'm guessing they will have the same fate as Cooperalls had in the 1980's.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

I'm fine with the new white jerseys - the changes are fairly small, but I'm furious with the new darks. They took the green & beige (or whatever color that is) striping off the hemline, and it looks ridiculous. I thought the whole point of the red jerseys was that they had that "old school" design to them (yes... a little "Christmas tree-ish" color scheme, but the design was an older look). You take those stripes off the bottom of the jersey, and and it ruins the whole thing. And what's with that random stripe around the shoulders now? Where the hell is that going?!

Mr. Blackwell signing off.