2007-2008 biggest rivalries

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Can't Never Tried wrote:Anyone else see that coming :?

8)
Lock er up!!!!
The only soft spot I see is the one between my legs
GR3343

Post by GR3343 »

Throw in GR vs Duluth East, and not that it's much of a game any more, but GR vs Greenway used to be a great one.
quickgym guy

Post by quickgym guy »

GR3343 wrote:Throw in GR vs Duluth East, and not that it's much of a game any more, but GR vs Greenway used to be a great one.
How about GR vs Cloquet...
boblee

post 8258

Post by boblee »

Gr vs. Cloquet has been a pretty one-sided rivalry the last two year with Grand Rapids holding a 5-1 edge. You have to figure Cloquet will want to change that. Those two (maybe three) games will be great ones.
Can't Never Tried

Re: post 8258

Post by Can't Never Tried »

boblee wrote:Gr vs. Cloquet has been a pretty one-sided rivalry the last two year with Grand Rapids holding a 5-1 edge. You have to figure Cloquet will want to change that. Those two (maybe three) games will be great ones.
Interesting...do you or quickgym have any predictions for the 1st meeting? between these 2 teams...I guess i'm asking... who looks to be stronger going into the season this year?

8)
quickgym guy

Re: post 8258

Post by quickgym guy »

Can't Never Tried wrote:
boblee wrote:Gr vs. Cloquet has been a pretty one-sided rivalry the last two year with Grand Rapids holding a 5-1 edge. You have to figure Cloquet will want to change that. Those two (maybe three) games will be great ones.
Interesting...do you or quickgym have any predictions for the 1st meeting? between these 2 teams...I guess i'm asking... who looks to be stronger going into the season this year?

8)
I think it will come down to goaltending...
Rattlin' Cages

Post by Rattlin' Cages »

It may not be a statewide thriller however, the Brainerd vs. Little Falls at either barn is a heated game as of late.
breakout

Post by breakout »

Rattlin' Cages wrote:It may not be a statewide thriller however, the Brainerd vs. Little Falls at either barn is a heated game as of late.

Both of those programs have turned out some good teams and players over the last few years.
BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ »

Roseau vs. Warroad is the biggest rivalry in the state. It's probably lost a llittle flare with them being in different classes, but they are always great games to be at. I'd suggest it if you've never been to one.

Roseau's new rival would have to be Moorhead.

Warroad's would probably be TRF. :lol:

H-M vs. WBL

Whose GR's biggest rival? Duluth East, Cloquet? Just curious.