Hawks / Thunderhawks

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

7A22A

Post by 7A22A »

I hope the Underwood boys will be on course for a smooth educational transition and I've heard the GR kids are a good group and will put aside this debate. That being what parents may hold against a kid from coming from another town and any negative attitudes.
northwoods oldtimer

Transferring

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

Getting back on subject here. If a kid moves to an address that is in the school district with their parents doesn't that correspond into being eligable for Varstity level play? I do not know the exact details but I thought that this was how the new rule applied. Thanks.
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

If you change residence from one school district to another there is no penalty.

http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/news/NewTransferBylaw.doc

8)
GR3343

Re: Transferring

Post by GR3343 »

northwoods oldtimer wrote:Getting back on subject here. If a kid moves to an address that is in the school district with their parents doesn't that correspond into being eligable for Varstity level play? I do not know the exact details but I thought that this was how the new rule applied. Thanks.
Is there a deadline date such as before school starts, or is it just moving to a certain address?
Can't Never Tried

Re: Transferring

Post by Can't Never Tried »

GR3343 wrote:
northwoods oldtimer wrote:Getting back on subject here. If a kid moves to an address that is in the school district with their parents doesn't that correspond into being eligable for Varstity level play? I do not know the exact details but I thought that this was how the new rule applied. Thanks.
Is there a deadline date such as before school starts, or is it just moving to a certain address?
From Bylaw 511.00
7. LAST DATE TO JOIN A TEAM:
A. To be eligible for section and state competition, a student must be a member of that school's team not later than the fourth Monday (the 22nd calendar day) from the official start of that sport season.
B. Membership Defined: A student must:
1) be practicing with the high school team;
2) be on the school's master eligibility list; and
3) be under the bylaws of the League.
C. Exceptions: At the member school’s discretion, students may be allowed to join a team after the fourth Monday (the 22nd calendar day) from the official start of the that sport season and be fully eligible for post-season competition if they meet any of the three conditions (1, 2 or 3) below.
1) Transfer students who become eligible in their new school.
2) Students, who are participating in another sport and wish to drop that sport or participate in a second sport during that same sport season, provided they have not delayed their membership in order to gain a competitive advantage.
3) Students who were under the care of a physician and were medically unable to join the team by the specified date. Students must have written documentation from the physician.
4) Students who join a team after the fourth Monday (the 22nd calendar day) from the official start of the that sport season, but who also meet any of the three conditions (a, b or c) below are eligible ONLY for regular season competition, not post-season competition.
a) participated on a non-school team or as an individual competitor;
b) participated in a camp or clinic; and/or
c) received private instruction in that sport during the high school season.
gopher5

Post by gopher5 »

I beleive that A.J. Underwood and his brother Travis are both currently going to school in Grand Rapids. I have seen both of them just recently.....