lake conference

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Rbkhockey21

Post by Rbkhockey21 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:29 pm

rbk24 wrote: On goaltending I would say Jake Swanson for jefferson is pretty solid!
Yeah he is solid..but not close to the top goalie.

:arrow: Hakan Yumusakalar-Lakeville South Mike Morgan-Rosemount(both in Elite 1), Sturglason(sp?)-Burnsville, Trent Anderson-Eagan all should have good seasons this year as top goalies in the Lake.

rbk24

Post by rbk24 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:38 pm

holy moly forgot all about hakan yeah he is very good should have a great season

CrossbarandIn99

Post by CrossbarandIn99 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:27 am

puckinawsum wrote:Who looks like the top forward, Dman, and goalie in the lake this year?
Top Forward-Hendrickson-Bville
Top Defense-Fienhage-Eastview
Top Goalie-Yumusaklar-Lakeville So

RBKRules

Post by RBKRules » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:48 pm

Rbkhockey21,

I love your dislike for O'Shea from Eastview. Just a reminder, as a freshman last year, O'Shea beat Burnsville 2-1 with about 40 saves and didn't play in the 6-0 loss at the end of the year. He will be a year older and is no longer five foot tall. Look out for Eastview as long as they can figure out their power play. I am still picking Burnsville, however Eastview should and will be there in the end.

tjkhavgam

Post by tjkhavgam » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:14 pm

puckinawsum wrote:Who looks like the top forward, Dman, and goalie in the lake this year?
Top forwards Barnes, Brown, Hendrickson, O'donnell
Top D Feinhage, Mcmanus, Rusk,
Top Goalie Yumo, Anderson
Probably missed a few but a good start.

Rbkhockey21

Post by Rbkhockey21 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:50 pm

RBKRules wrote:Rbkhockey21,

I love your dislike for O'Shea from Eastview. Just a reminder, as a freshman last year, O'Shea beat Burnsville 2-1 with about 40 saves and didn't play in the 6-0 loss at the end of the year. He will be a year older and is no longer five foot tall. Look out for Eastview as long as they can figure out their power play. I am still picking Burnsville, however Eastview should and will be there in the end.
RBKRules,

I love YOUR enthusiasm defending the kid. Honestly I think the young boy will be great in the next couple years for eastview but I just dont see him as a sophomore carrying eastview past high powered offensive teams like Burnsville and Rosemount..(look what Rosemount did to him in the section game last year) Dont get me wrong I think eastview will be a top contender i just dont see them matching up with a few other teams depth wise. Give O'Shea another year of full time varsity experience and he will be a great goalie especially as a lefty. As for Eastview being there towards the end, I can agree if they can play the full season not just 1 half and then trail off like last year..and with Gibbons jumping ship I am curious to see how the team will re-act.

breakout

Post by breakout » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:54 pm

CrossbarandIn99 wrote:
Top Forward-Hendrickson-Bville
Top Defense-Fienhage-Eastview
Top Goalie-Yumusaklar-Lakeville So

Certainly you can argue the Feinhage case. He has been offered a scholarship to UND. Partial or full, only his parents and young Mr. Feinhage know for sure.

I don't believe he is the best in the Lake. In my opinion, the kid has the tools to be the best in that conference. But, is raw from a hockey intelligence perspective.

hock9476

Post by hock9476 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:54 pm

Does anyone know how Jefferson or EP will be this year....

hockeytimetonight

Post by hockeytimetonight » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:55 pm

I think that Eden Prairie will have the most sound d-core the lake has seen for awhile. If I remember they graduated one senior, they have Nick Leddy who just got back from the Czech Republic and Erik Soderberg. Also, they have Blake Thompson who I believe is an alerternate one Elite 1 (could be wrong).

breakout

Post by breakout » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:27 pm

Rbkhockey21 wrote:
RBKRules wrote:Rbkhockey21,

RBKRules,

I love YOUR enthusiasm defending the kid. Honestly I think the young boy will be great in the next couple years for eastview but I just dont see him as a sophomore carrying eastview past high powered offensive teams like Burnsville and Rosemount..(look what Rosemount did to him in the section game last year) Dont get me wrong I think eastview will be a top contender i just dont see them matching up with a few other teams depth wise. Give O'Shea another year of full time varsity experience and he will be a great goalie especially as a lefty. As for Eastview being there towards the end, I can agree if they can play the full season not just 1 half and then trail off like last year..and with Gibbons jumping ship I am curious to see how the team will re-act.

Are you RBK guys brothers? :-s

Tell me, is Friedman going to Edina or Eastview this year?

puckinawsum

Post by puckinawsum » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:30 pm

I heard from someone that Fienhage only got a 20% scholarship, but he is going D1 anyway so good for him.

Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:38 pm

[/quote]

Tell me, is Friedman going to Edina or Eastview this year?[/quote]

Friedman is going back to Eastview this season.

breakout

Post by breakout » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:52 am

puckinawsum wrote:I heard from someone that Fienhage only got a 20% scholarship, but he is going D1 anyway so good for him.

He will have to earn a position. Juniors will help him.

Good news, good play can improve a scholarship.

breakout

Post by breakout » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:54 am

Hockeyguy_27 wrote:

Tell me, is Friedman going to Edina or Eastview this year?[/quote]

Friedman is going back to Eastview this season.[/quote]

That is good news for Eastview.

MNhockeyplayer87

Post by MNhockeyplayer87 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:15 pm

Jefferson will be better but they will have to work for it. they have a strong defensive core led by tim labombard. and several players who should be good playing on elite 2. Also a strong goal tender. this year watch for

Tommy O'Donnell
Tim Labombard
Aj Siiro
Chris Stavnes
Tj Gallus

gostars4

Post by gostars4 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:52 pm

i think we have seen the last of jefferson's good days

Rbkhockey21

Post by Rbkhockey21 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:56 pm

gostars4 wrote:i think we have seen the last of jefferson's good days
i'll give them another two years when this younger core gets older..then they should be alright. I think they should be decent in the begining and get a little better towards the end of the season but i dont see them taking it to any top teams(burnsville, rosemount, eastview, ep)...maybe a top 5 after ep??

flatontheice

Post by flatontheice » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:31 am

gostars4 wrote:i think we have seen the last of jefferson's good days
They have one of the better coaches in the State. He will find a way to make them competitive.