Missota Conference?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

NewFoundDangle99

Missota Conference?

Post by NewFoundDangle99 »

What are everyones predictions on the Missota conference this year?
Hockeyguy_27

Re: Missota Conference?

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

NewFoundDangle99 wrote:What are everyones predictions on the Missota conference this year?
Hmmmm, let me think :lol:
shooter111

Post by shooter111 »

I think you'd be better off asking who everyone was picking to get second.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

The only team you ever hear about in that conference is Hutch, so I'll take them. :roll:
Zamman

Missota

Post by Zamman »

Even though they have a new coach twice over, I like New Prague to be a much better team than most would. I watched them a few times last year and was impressed with the way they play. Their fans at home are a little less than desirable, but I am sure people feel the same about me. They gave AHA the best test at the Payne arena losing in OT last year, so who knows. As far as the rest of the league, Red Wing knows how to win. Whether they can continue will be know soon. AHA should be the tops again...
Rbkhockey21

Re: Missota

Post by Rbkhockey21 »

Zamman wrote:Even though they have a new coach twice over, I like New Prague to be a much better team than most would. I watched them a few times last year and was impressed with the way they play. Their fans at home are a little less than desirable, but I am sure people feel the same about me. They gave AHA the best test at the Payne arena losing in OT last year, so who knows. As far as the rest of the league, Red Wing knows how to win. Whether they can continue will be know soon. AHA should be the tops again...
Zamman how will the Stars be this year in your eyes??
-should have some firepower in Mattson and Wetmore and Raskob at D should make them pretty solid..but thats just what I see on paper, you know first hand :lol:
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

Honestly, I see them as good as they usually are with one exception: they will be working as the team without the target on their backs. The last two years they were arguable the best team in the state and fell each year in the sections. This time, I see Edina as the best team which will take some of the pressure off the STARS. It is way too early to predict how they will really be. I got in trouble for saying they would lose to a team 4 years ago, but let's be honest it is really hard to go undefeated. AHA has not lost a conference game since 2000, but this year that may change. I hope not but who knows.
But I am sure that Trebil will have his team ready to play anyone this year. I may not be around them as much this year, but I will try to stay in touch with them.
THEDOMINATOR39

Re: Missota

Post by THEDOMINATOR39 »

Zamman wrote:Their fans at home are a little less than desirable, but I am sure people feel the same about me.
i don't get it, whats that supposed to mean?
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

anyone who has been at one of their games knows what I mean. Some of the locals are pretty loud and obnoxious, more than the normal loud fans. When refs are threatening to kick you out because of your constant complaining and basically bad-mouthing anyone in the building associated with away fans.
There was one guy, older maybe 40, not even sure if he had a kid on the team but he was so loud. You could hear him over everyone, swearing and complaining everytime one of the NP players fell down or off-sides. Then when NP got a penalty he really let into them. When AHA players and cheerleaders walked by he would make his smart comments and then laugh. It is really too bad. I thought New Prague played real well all five times I watched them, but when your fans are acting the way they were it really sucks. I pulled for them in the sections when they were at Richfield, but man if they made it and he was at the X..... he would have to sit in section 206.
THEDOMINATOR39

Post by THEDOMINATOR39 »

i must be at differnet new prague games cause i honestly have never heard this guy, and im not just saying that to defend the team
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

Well in defense to the team, I agree they are going to be a good program. But if I was a coach or a player, I would find out who these people are and have a chat with them. I cannot, they would not listen to me because I am just another fan from the opposing team. They will say they have the right because they paid their $6, but so did I. I paid to watch my team play theirs, not listen to a loud mouth bash the refs and the opposing players and fans...thats all.
stars612

Post by stars612 »

The Stars should be pretty good this year. They have two solid goalies. Other than the kids you've all heard about (Wetmore, Mattson, Raskob etc.) they have some pretty good freshman coming in. Cullen Hurley (Ryan Hurley's brother) looks like he may be an impact player this year. Also there is a kid named Labate (not sure about first name) that is apparently pretty good. Also look for sophomore Luke McNamara this year... he could be an impact played as well.

Zam, do you know anything about this Labate kid?
Third times a charm.
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

I will check on him. I know that Kevin Sheehy really improved and there are a set of twins from Chaska that I have heard about. I will check them out more this week at captains practice. As far as goaltending I feel that Jon Boerger has improved and looks very determined. Only time will tell.
G-Nos616

Post by G-Nos616 »

My rankings:
1.Holy Angels
2.New Prague
3.Red Wing
4/5.Shakopee
4/5.Northfield
6.Farmington
7.Hutchinson
8.Prior Lake

Should be fun to watch, look for Holy angels to be solid again, New Prague a bit down but still good, Red Wing better and battling with new prague for 2nd, Northfield a bit down still decent, Shakopee better than last year and competing for that 4th spot with northfield. Farmington and Hutch won't be very good and prior lake will be way down. Just my thoughts...
stars612

Post by stars612 »

Yeah Boerger will be solid this year, the goalies will split time again. The only problem I see with the Stars this year is the lack of stand out upperclassmen that they have had in years past. A lot of younger guys are going to have to step it up if they want to be even close to last year.
Third times a charm.