Which Ram team is the best?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Which title team from Roseau is the best?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:57 pm

23%
31%
46%

Total votes: 13

BERG RENOLZ

Which Ram team is the best?

Post by BERG RENOLZ »

I'll keep it in my life time, but which title team do you consider the best from Roseau.... 90', 99', or 07'? Build a starting 6 from those 3 teams. Who would be your starting forwards, defenseman, and goaltender?

I'm bored and waiting for hockey season. Have fun with it if you can.
BERG RENOLZ

Re: Which Ram team is the best?

Post by BERG RENOLZ »

BERG RENOLZ wrote:I'll keep it in my life time, but which title team do you consider the best from Roseau.... 90', 99', or 07'? Build a starting 6 from those 3 teams. Who would be your starting forwards, defenseman, and goaltender?

I'll start, I'll take the 99 team.

Starting forwards: Mike Klema, Billy Lund, Kurt Weston
Defenseman: Aaron Ness, Derrick Byfuglien
Goalie: Del Ray Johnson :lol:
Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:I'll keep it in my life time, but which title team do you consider the best from Roseau.... 90', 99', or 07'? Build a starting 6 from those 3 teams. Who would be your starting forwards, defenseman, and goaltender?

It's completely official, you have never actually watched a hockey game.
How about the 1978 team with a line of Neil Broten, Aaron Broten and Butsy Erickson? These guys were INCREDIBLE as were the rest of this team!
BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ »

Hockeyguy_27 wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:

How about the 1978 team with a line of Neil Broten, Aaron Broten and Butsy Erickson? These guys were INCREDIBLE as were the rest of this team!
They didn't win a state title. Good line though.
SB24

Post by SB24 »

BERG RENOLZ wrote:

Wasn't Derrick Byfuglien the one that left before playing high school?
RIP suzy 12.10.2006 - 2.27.2008
breakout

Post by breakout »

BERG RENOLZ wrote:
Hockeyguy_27 wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:

Doesn't mean they weren't the best. A lot of things need to come together to win a State Tournament.
gatzke

Post by gatzke »

SB24 wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:

That was Dustin Byfuglien, Derrick's cousin
Ram Hockey

Post by Ram Hockey »

SB24 wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:

No, Derrick was a defensemen on the '99 State Championship team and went on to play at UND briefly. He will be playing with Pensecola in the ECHL with another Former Ram Luke Erickson. Derrick's cousin Dustin might be the one that you are thinking about and he did leave to play in WHL and is currently in the Chicago Blackhawks system and has seen ice time with the big club over the past couple of seasons.
BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ »

Ram Hockey wrote:
SB24 wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:

No, Derrick was a defensemen on the '99 State Championship team and went on to play at UND briefly. He will be playing with Pensecola in the ECHL with another Former Ram Luke Erickson. Derrick's cousin Dustin might be the one that you are thinking about and he did leave to play in WHL and is currently in the Chicago Blackhawks system and has seen ice time with the big club over the past couple of seasons.
That's correct. Dustin never played high school hockey in Roseau. His abilities on the ice didn't translate to the classroom. He's a gigantic kid who is very skilled on the ice. Derrick graduated from RHS and won a championship in 99'. He was up for Mr. Hockey that year. Played 1 year for the Ice Sharks, then went to UND. He didn't play much his freshman year, so he decided to quit and go play pro, which didn't work out too well for him. After a couple year hiatus he decided to get back into hockey a couple years ago. Now playing in Florida like Ram hockey said.
BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ »

breakout wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:
Hockeyguy_27 wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:

Doesn't mean they weren't the best. A lot of things need to come together to win a State Tournament.
There's no way you could argue against the Broten line being the best in the history of RHS hockey. The questions was, what's the best title team? The Broten brothers tried to do it, but came up short. Runner up to Edina? I believe that's correct, too lazy to look it up.
oldram

Best Ram Team

Post by oldram »

That line of the Brotens and Butsy was incredible. Neal had 95pts., Aaron had 86 and Butsy 68. After the state tourney Neal had 120, Aaron 102 and Butsy couldn't have been far behind. This was the '78 team. They didn't win it, but man, they were awesome. When the third leading scorer has 68 points playing the schedule they do, it's a pretty explosive bunch.
salol 82

Post by salol 82 »

These guys didn't win any state championships, but with some better coaching they would have. Front line Rickey Brunell centering Corey Howe and Tracey "BOBCAT" Ostby.
On the blue line Bruce "the blurr" Baumgartner and Billy Mcdonald.
In net Brad Zoeller.
BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ »

salol 82 wrote:These guys didn't win any state championships, but with some better coaching they would have. Front line Rickey Brunell centering Corey Howe and Tracey "BOBCAT" Ostby.
In net Brad Zoeller.
Where's Brett Pearson? Coaching i bet! :lol: Zoeller grew up in Lindstrom, MN but now i'm just being nitpicky. Goaltending would be a good fit for him since he can't skate. Brett & Ricky could make up for that though with their coaching and skating abilities.

FYI...if you want to hear Z broadcasting Ram games this winter, you'll have to tune your radio to AM. Classic Rock 1410 KRWB. Apparently it's the Best Ram Sports Show Period! Nice ring to that!
Undercover Hockey Lover

Post by Undercover Hockey Lover »

salol 82 wrote:These guys didn't win any state championships, but with some better coaching they would have. Front line Rickey Brunell centering Corey Howe and Tracey "BOBCAT" Ostby.
In net Brad Zoeller.
Funny thing is of the actual former players you mentioned at least one of those guys actually started for the Rams in the State tourney and one of those guys played at UND. Switch Ricky, Bobcat and Z for Duck, Gillie and Meghan G and toss in a couple of other lines of mediocre huffers and you'd have a pretty good old timers team. :wink:
breakout

Post by breakout »

BERG RENOLZ wrote:
breakout wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:
Hockeyguy_27 wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:

There's no way you could argue against the Broten line being the best in the history of RHS hockey. The questions was, what's the best title team? The Broten brothers tried to do it, but came up short. Runner up to Edina? I believe that's correct, too lazy to look it up.
The question is "Which Ram team is the best". I don't know if winning a title defines a team as best.............maybe it does. That was a fun team to watch in the State Tournament.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

I have to take Jake Brandt.

Just because he has finally grown up.

Just becasue he is now kinda rolly-polly.

Just because he had (has) a big mouth.

Just because he is a good guy (kid).

Just because he hated to lose.

And just because he is still my friend.

And a dang good goalie.
BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ »

breakout wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:
breakout wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:
Hockeyguy_27 wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:

The question is "Which Ram team is the best". I don't know if winning a title defines a team as best.............maybe it does. That was a fun team to watch in the State Tournament.
I bet. My mom graduated with Neal and Butsy, so i was just a nut in the old mans sack. I'm guessing it was fun to watch though. The nutting and the hockey! :P

And, the question is "Which title team is the best". :wink:
breakout

Post by breakout »

When people say your nuts..............they aren't kidding. :lol:

I stand corrected.
salol 82

Post by salol 82 »

Hey Berg I didn't know bobcat went to UND. I saw the Z-man last night he is broadcasting Ram sports on K"AA"RWB 1410 and warrior sports on K"A"Q 92.
hipcheck

Back to topic

Post by hipcheck »

Trying to get back on topic.

This years team, IF they win the title again, would have to go down as one of the best! They won in 2007 on an unexpected year, but this year, many are thinking repeat. If that can happen, my vote would be for the 2007 and 2008 teams.
oldram

Best Ram Team

Post by oldram »

Duck and Billy are cousins, so they maybe won't get along on the same line. They probably wouldn't pass to each other.
BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ »

salol 82 wrote:Hey Berg I didn't know bobcat went to UND. I saw the Z-man last night he is broadcasting Ram sports on K"AA"RWB 1410 and warrior sports on K"A"Q 92.
Wow, an actual siting of Brad Zoeller, special. I didn't think he was doing much for Warrior games, since Roseau and Warraod usually play their games on the same nights. The same guys are doing Warrior games. Z and Cat on 1410 doing Ram games. Bobcat was dominant at UND!
Undercover Hockey Lover

Post by Undercover Hockey Lover »

BERG RENOLZ wrote:
salol 82 wrote:Hey Berg I didn't know bobcat went to UND. I saw the Z-man last night he is broadcasting Ram sports on K"AA"RWB 1410 and warrior sports on K"A"Q 92.
Wow, an actual siting of Brad Zoeller, special. I didn't think he was doing much for Warrior games, since Roseau and Warraod usually play their games on the same nights. The same guys are doing Warrior games. Z and Cat on 1410 doing Ram games. Bobcat was dominant at UND!
Obviously you don't think much...because the reason he was doing a Warroad broadcast was it was at RHS where the "AA" Ewes got swept in three by the "AA" Amazons for the second time this season. #-o Needless to say I have a tough time with "Lady Rams" :-s and "Lady Warriors" :roll: . :wink:
BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ »

Undercover Hockey Lover wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:
Obviously you don't think much...because the reason he was doing a Warroad broadcast was it was at RHS where the "AA" Ewes got swept in three by the "AA" Amazons for the second time this season. #-o Needless to say I have a tough time with "Lady Rams" :-s and "Lady Warriors" :roll: . :wink:
Obviously you're a douche bag because you're talking about volleyball. This is a hockey forum! He won't be doing Warroad hockey games, who gives a sh*t about a Rams vs. Warriors volleyball game. good luck on the douching tonight.
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

At least you guys are keeping it clean :lol:

8)