Top Line In The State

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

5th Line Center

Post by 5th Line Center » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:08 pm

Nominnhkywatcher wrote:The RAMS will have 2 very strong lines and a solid checking line ...

having Ness on the ice will make all the lines that much stronger as far as a TOP line which ever line line has Ben Nelson will be the top line

If its Oliver and Nelson with whoever it will be the top line

If its Landman and Nelson with whoever it wil be the top line

offensively Nelson is the RAMS most dangerous foward this IMHO :lol:
Watcher, you are a true Ben Nelson fan. :wink: I guess I am too (the kid is like a waterbug out there on the ice!), but it is hard to say who is the most dangerous forward. If you look at the last two seasons, you'd have to give that title to Landman. I tend to believe Landman is still the best forward, but there are 4 or 5 others that might be just as lethal this year. For example, I am looking for Jason Fabian to have an outstanding season--and I think we will see a lot of production out of Knochenmus. I also expect Dustin Moser to step it up a bit and try to make his senior year a memorable one. Of course, Oliver will be dangerous...

Who is going to be the guy that emerges from the shadows and puts up some great numbers--the surprise performer this year? (Hopefully enough to boost the Rams up to the top...)

BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:58 pm

5th Line Center wrote:
Nominnhkywatcher wrote:The RAMS will have 2 very strong lines and a solid checking line ...

having Ness on the ice will make all the lines that much stronger as far as a TOP line which ever line line has Ben Nelson will be the top line

Watcher, you are a true Ben Nelson fan. :wink: I guess I am too (the kid is like a waterbug out there on the ice!), but it is hard to say who is the most dangerous forward. If you look at the last two seasons, you'd have to give that title to Landman. I tend to believe Landman is still the best forward, but there are 4 or 5 others that might be just as lethal this year. For example, I am looking for Jason Fabian to have an outstanding season--and I think we will see a lot of production out of Knochenmus. I also expect Dustin Moser to step it up a bit and try to make his senior year a memorable one. Of course, Oliver will be dangerous...

Who is going to be the guy that emerges from the shadows and puts up some great numbers--the surprise performer this year? (Hopefully enough to boost the Rams up to the top...)
I think Ryan Weston is going to be a big contributor for this team. It might not show a lot in the box score, but he's a very solid player. I realize he's a defensemen, so i think it will be one of a few sophomores who will step up. Omdahl, Baumgartner, or maybe even Kostrzewski.

Grizzly12

Post by Grizzly12 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:02 pm

BERG RENOLZ wrote:
5th Line Center wrote:

I think Ryan Weston is going to be a big contributor for this team. It might not show a lot in the box score, but he's a very solid player. I realize he's a defensemen, so i think it will be one of a few sophomores who will step up. Omdahl, Baumgartner, or maybe even Kostrzewski.
Omdahl and Baumgartner are bantams they wouldnt contribute much anyway

5th Line Center

Post by 5th Line Center » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:34 pm

Grizzly12 wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:
5th Line Center wrote:

I think Omdahl and Baumgartner will be big contributors--next year. Kevin Erickson might be able to step up. Kostrzewski...well, maybe if he brings the lunch bag along and works hard. What about Bodell (or Lykken?) or some others that haven't gotten any love? One of my favorite players from last year's team was Ben Johnson. That kid was a workhorse! Maybe a small workhorse :D but he was very valuable to the team.

I agree, Ryan Weston is solid on D--a good asset.

BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:30 pm

5th Line Center wrote:
Grizzly12 wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:
5th Line Center wrote:

I think Omdahl and Baumgartner will be big contributors--next year. Kevin Erickson might be able to step up. Kostrzewski...well, maybe if he brings the lunch bag along and works hard. What about Bodell (or Lykken?) or some others that haven't gotten any love? One of my favorite players from last year's team was Ben Johnson. That kid was a workhorse! Maybe a small workhorse :D but he was very valuable to the team.

I agree, Ryan Weston is solid on D--a good asset.
For some reason I thought Omdahl and Baumgartner were sophomores this year, my bad. Wasn't Lykken a senior last year?

Johnson is a good kid, when you look at him off the ice or on, you wouldn't think he'd be much of a hockey player. He impressed me a lot last year, and was a big part of that team.

watchdog

yep

Post by watchdog » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:41 pm

i think Bodell and Loman spelling? both will be very solid this year the rams wont have a hole except possible on defense. that will have to see when the year gets going and they get tested.

Rbkhockey21

Re: yep

Post by Rbkhockey21 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:44 pm

watchdog wrote:i think Bodell and Loman spelling? both will be very solid this year the rams wont have a hole except possible on defense. that will have to see when the year gets going and they get tested.
Did i miss the change to the 2007-2008 rams topic here?? :lol:

Nominnhkywatcher

Post by Nominnhkywatcher » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:07 pm

While were on the RAMS

Omdahl could be a solid contributer this season on varsity he is freshman but is playing bantams

Baumgartner is a sophmore but wouldnt make the team ...maybe fouth line at best... next year Baumgatner will have a shot but no major contributer until senior year and Omdahl will make an immediate impact imho lots of solid forwards in Roseau

5th Line Center

Post by 5th Line Center » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:13 am

Nominnhkywatcher wrote:While were on the RAMS

Omdahl could be a solid contributer this season on varsity he is freshman but is playing bantams

Baumgartner is a sophmore but wouldnt make the team ...maybe fouth line at best... next year Baumgatner will have a shot but no major contributer until senior year and Omdahl will make an immediate impact imho lots of solid forwards in Roseau
Okay, so someone clarify things for me... Isn't Baumgartner a bantam and a freshman this year?

Nominnhkywatcher

Post by Nominnhkywatcher » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:24 am

Baumgartner is a soph and is Bantam eligible .

I dont know what the big deal is here ? There are at least five or six sophs ahead of him on the RAMS depth chart not to mention Omdahl the freshman.No Brainer ...If he plays HS this year he will be a JV player imho.If he plays bantams he will be an outstanding bantam this year.

Knockamus
Holland
Kostrzewski
Hedlund
Tesarek
Erickson

Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:37 pm

Rbkhockey21 wrote: Did i miss the change to the 2007-2008 rams topic here?? :lol:
The board went to hell when "that thar internet" reached Grand Rapids, and Roseau fans have taken it a step farther yet! :lol:
The only soft spot I see is the one between my legs

watchdog

yep

Post by watchdog » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:57 pm

the topic is best line in the state who would you talk about other than roseau.

Undercover Hockey Lover

Post by Undercover Hockey Lover » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:12 pm

Edina? :P

Rbkhockey21

Post by Rbkhockey21 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:21 pm

watchdog wrote:the topic is best line in the state who would you talk about other than roseau.
Thanks for your insight and I do know how good Roseau will be this year, but Roseau is a "team" this is about the "top line in the state". I can start a Roseau thread if you'd like me to?? :lol:

Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:23 pm

Undercover Hockey Lover wrote:Edina? :P
That's not a razz I think it's gonna be fact! :D

DadsMoney

Post by DadsMoney » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:29 pm

buddish is going to wreck people, it won't be fair, they really should implement some rules so he doesn't hurt peoples feelings.

edinafast

Post by edinafast » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:24 pm

i have to admit though, Roseau has the best all around team in the state. :cry:

mrhockey08

Post by mrhockey08 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:46 pm

Ravndalen, Hahn and Shaugabay from Warroad will be good

SB24

Post by SB24 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:06 am

this isnt about "who will be good" its "who will be the best." and that probably wont be a line anyways.
RIP suzy 12.10.2006 - 2.27.2008

hockeypimp111

Post by hockeypimp111 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:39 am

[quote="blucru11"]good one i dont think Edina's second line will be able to keep up to Roseau's 2nd line.. we will have to just wait and see in March eh?[/quote]

we wont have to wait till march Edina wont be there

Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:53 pm

hockeypimp111 wrote: we wont have to wait till march Edina wont be there
Thats big talk coming from someone who hails from Andover.

Alligator mouth, tweety bird a$$.

deacon

Post by deacon » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:37 am

crosby087 wrote:
breakout wrote:
sid_the_kid wrote:
breakout wrote:
blucru11 wrote:good one i dont think Edina's second line will be able to keep up to Roseau's 2nd line.. we will have to just wait and see in March eh?

Think again, they will probably have Anders Lee and Leer on the 2nd line. Not sure who they might plug in on the other wing. Lee and Leer are both Elite 1 players who add depth to an already deep team.
when did lee leave st. thomas? i heard he wouldn't leave cuz of football?
He's the quarterback for Edina. Read the high school sports section sometime. You will see his name appear.
yeah he was the qb for stma last year and said he wouldn't want to leave there cuz of their football
Tim McManus was the starting QB for St. Thomas on a team that finished runner up to Totino Grace last year. I believe he now plays for Dartmouth.

breakout

Post by breakout » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:13 am

deacon wrote:
crosby087 wrote:
breakout wrote:
sid_the_kid wrote:
breakout wrote:
blucru11 wrote:good one i dont think Edina's second line will be able to keep up to Roseau's 2nd line.. we will have to just wait and see in March eh?

Think again, they will probably have Anders Lee and Leer on the 2nd line. Not sure who they might plug in on the other wing. Lee and Leer are both Elite 1 players who add depth to an already deep team.
when did lee leave st. thomas? i heard he wouldn't leave cuz of football?
He's the quarterback for Edina. Read the high school sports section sometime. You will see his name appear.
yeah he was the qb for stma last year and said he wouldn't want to leave there cuz of their football
Tim McManus was the starting QB for St. Thomas on a team that finished runner up to Totino Grace last year. I believe he now plays for Dartmouth.

You may have been over the limit and at risk of a PUI (posting under the influence) :lol:

blucru11

Post by blucru11 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:23 pm

Moser Landman Nelson

Ness Weston

Lee

cant beat it.

breakout

Post by breakout » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:59 am

blucru11 wrote:Moser Landman Nelson

Ness Weston

Lee

cant beat it.

You may get a ten for being less than original.

Also, you can beat it..............see Edina.