Terry Shercliffe Retirement Party

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Mitch Hawker
Site Admin

Terry Shercliffe Retirement Party

Post by Mitch Hawker » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:11 pm

My dad (Terry Shercliffe) is retiring from high school coaching after 30 years with the Moorhead program. This Saturday there is going to be a retirement program/party that is open to the public. This is a last minute effort to get the word out to the hockey community. Anything you can do to get the thread running would be greatly appreciated.

The invitation is posted on the Moorhead Spud Hockey web page. http://spudhockey.com/ The event is September 29th at 7:00 PM at the Moorhead Youth Ice Arena. There is a door charge of $10.00 to cover the costs.

Again, I would appreciate anything you can do on such short notice.

Sincerely,

Bryce Shercliffe

hipcheck

Sherky

Post by hipcheck » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:37 pm

Your Dad is one of the few active(now retired) coaches in the state that still incorporated into the highschool players what it means to put on the skates and play the game. He obviously had a great impact on the whole Moorhead success. I would have loved to see him hoist a Championship trophy at least once, but I think Terry was not into it for the championships, but to build players into "champions". Moorhead has had many of them and Terry had a big part.

I wish I could be there, but local committments have me tied up.

grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:39 pm

Congratulations on a great career.
The Spuds have been one of the best teams in Minnesota history while you were there.
Best of luck in retirement,
An old Indians fan