Greatest Comebacks in History

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hawkeyfan

Greatest Comebacks in History

Post by hawkeyfan »

last year hermantown had two, late, come from behind victories to keep their undefeated streak alive (hibbing, and virginia). Although these games were great because of rivalry and what they were playing for (seeding) i believe there have got to be some pretty phenomenal and un heard of comebacks out there.
believe in the hockey gods...
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

The other day I was playing cribbage against my brother and he only needed 3 points to win, but he only got a pair and I had a double run to go out and beat him. It was as exciting as any comeback I can remember.
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

Sparlimb wrote:The other day I was playing cribbage against my brother and he only needed 3 points to win, but he only got a pair and I had a double run to go out and beat him. It was as exciting as any comeback I can remember.
:lol: :lol:

Stink hole :twisted:
OGEE OGELTHORPE

Post by OGEE OGELTHORPE »

The Canadian Dollar!!
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

OGEE OGELTHORPE wrote:The Canadian Dollar!!
BOOOOOOOOOOO

USA!!

carpenterguy

Post by carpenterguy »

I missed a 3 foot down hill putt today. I made the 8 footer coming back. That was huge!
hipcheck

clever

Post by hipcheck »

Moorhead/DGF volleyball game

Spud fans "How's your football?"

DGF fans "Roseau Hockey!"
larsey

Post by larsey »

Jesus had a good come back...
Art=BAD_ICE

Post by Art=BAD_ICE »

2004 Boston Red Sox against the Yanks
carpenterguy

Post by carpenterguy »

The father has a great comeback in this all too true story!!

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college...
Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat, and among other liberal ideals, was very much in favor of higher taxes to support more government programs, in other words, redistribution of wealth.

She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican, a feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had participated in, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt that her father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his.

One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the need for more government programs. The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she indicated so to her father. He responded by asking how she was doing in school.

Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend, and didn't really have many college friends because she spent all her time studying.

Her father listened then asked, "How is your friend Audrey doing?"

She replied, "Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes, she never studies, and she barely has a 2.0 GPA. She is so popular on campus; college for her is a blast. She's always invited to all the parties, and lots of times she doesn't even sh ow up for classes because she's too hung over."

Her father asked her, "Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct a 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend Audrey, who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA."

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back, "That's a crazy idea. How would that be fair? I've worked really hard for my grades! I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work. Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my tail off!"

The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, "Welcome to the Republican Party."
TTpuckster

20 years ago

Post by TTpuckster »

carpenterguy wrote:The father has a great comeback in this all too true story!!

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college...
Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat, and among other liberal ideals, was very much in favor of higher taxes to support more government programs, in other words, redistribution of wealth.

She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican, a feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had participated in, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt that her father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his.

One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the need for more government programs. The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she indicated so to her father. He responded by asking how she was doing in school.

Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend, and didn't really have many college friends because she spent all her time studying.

Her father listened then asked, "How is your friend Audrey doing?"

She replied, "Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes, she never studies, and she barely has a 2.0 GPA. She is so popular on campus; college for her is a blast. She's always invited to all the parties, and lots of times she doesn't even sh ow up for classes because she's too hung over."

Her father asked her, "Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct a 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend Audrey, who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA."

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back, "That's a crazy idea. How would that be fair? I've worked really hard for my grades! I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work. Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my tail off!"

The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, "Welcome to the Republican Party."
You really like this one doncha CG.
You're spreading it all over this bored.

Hate to burst your bubble.
It may or may not be true, but I saw this same story over 10 years ago, and many times since. Just looks like another internet propaganda tool.

And don't tell me that the internet was not around then.
Remember, Gore invented the internet a LONG time ago.
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

carpenterguy wrote:I missed a 3 foot down hill putt today. I made the 8 footer coming back. That was huge!
Good one :D :D :D :D :D
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

larsey wrote:Jesus had a good come back...
Better one!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
carpenterguy

Post by carpenterguy »

I have always liked this comeback!

I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.
carpenterguy

Post by carpenterguy »

This may be the best comeback ever!

The Pumpkin Patch

Washington Post article... the title of the article was "Best Comeback Line Ever."

In summary, the police arrested Patrick Lawrence, a 22-year-old white male, resident of Dracula, GA, in a pumpkin patch at 11:38 p.m. on Friday.

Lawrence will be charged with lewd and lascivious behavior, public indecency and public intoxication at the Gwinnett County courthouse on Monday.

The suspect explained that as he was passing a pumpkin patch he decided to stop. "You know, a pumpkin is soft and squishy inside and there was no one around here for miles. At least I thought there wasn't," he stated in a phone interview.

Lawrence went on to say that he pulled over to the side of the road, picked out a pumpkin that he felt was appropriate to his purposes, cut a hole in it and proceeded to satisfy his alleged "need."

"I guess I was just really into it, you know?" he commented with evident embarrassment. In the process, Lawrence apparently failed to notice a Gwinnett County police car approaching and was unaware of his audience until officer Brenda Taylor approached him.

"It was an unusual situation, that's for sure," said officer Taylor.

"I walked up to (Lawrence) and he's...just working away at this pumpkin."

Taylor went on to describe what happened when she approached Lawrence.

"I just went up and said, 'Excuse me sir, but do you realize that you are screwing a pumpkin?'

He froze and was clearly very surprised that I was there and then looked me straight in the face and said:

"A pumpkin? Damn...is it midnight already?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Johnny_Murphy

Post by Johnny_Murphy »

Burnsville had that great comback against GR at state last year...but then they lost
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

carpenterguy wrote:This may be the best comeback ever!

The Pumpkin Patch

Washington Post article... the title of the article was "Best Comeback Line Ever."

In summary, the police arrested Patrick Lawrence, a 22-year-old white male, resident of Dracula, GA, in a pumpkin patch at 11:38 p.m. on Friday.

Lawrence will be charged with lewd and lascivious behavior, public indecency and public intoxication at the Gwinnett County courthouse on Monday.

The suspect explained that as he was passing a pumpkin patch he decided to stop. "You know, a pumpkin is soft and squishy inside and there was no one around here for miles. At least I thought there wasn't," he stated in a phone interview.

Lawrence went on to say that he pulled over to the side of the road, picked out a pumpkin that he felt was appropriate to his purposes, cut a hole in it and proceeded to satisfy his alleged "need."

"I guess I was just really into it, you know?" he commented with evident embarrassment. In the process, Lawrence apparently failed to notice a Gwinnett County police car approaching and was unaware of his audience until officer Brenda Taylor approached him.

"I just went up and said, 'Excuse me sir, but do you realize that you are screwing a pumpkin?'

He froze and was clearly very surprised that I was there and then looked me straight in the face and said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BEST ONE!!!! Image
AngusYoung

Post by AngusYoung »

The Pumpkin Patch

This is the best piece the MNHOCK board has ever seen!! Thanks for the outstanding chuckle.

AY 8)
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

The Pumpkin Patch

Great stuff. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The U invented swagger.
larsey

Post by larsey »

Good one carpenterguy! I will atempt to add to your excellent humor. The I-35 bridge that collapsed in MPLS. was built in the 60's for approx. $5.2 million. This wonderful state is going to rebuild the bridge for $400 million. Here's the good part, if do your homework and do all the inflation adjusting to todays market, the bridge should cost approx. $35 million to rebuild. Hmmm....????? 4-lane Hwy's cost cost Approx. $1 million per mile to build today. Maybe we should just fill the river with dirt, build a road on it, and save $398 million?