Steve Zierke must be back at BSM

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

he_shoots-he_scores

Steve Zierke must be back at BSM

Post by he_shoots-he_scores »

I hear Steve Zierke is playing High School football at BSM. I assume that means he will be back plaing hockey as well since they have a new coach.
That is going to make them very competative.

I hear he was metro player of the week once how can he be doing so well in football if coaches have such a hard time with his attitude. Maybe this is an indication of what type of coaches he had in hockey last year.
breakout

Re: Steve Zierke must be back at BSM

Post by breakout »

he_shoots-he_scores wrote:I hear Steve Zierke is playing High School football at BSM. I assume that means he will be back plaing hockey as well since they have a new coach.

I hear he was metro player of the week once how can he be doing so well in football if coaches have such a hard time with his attitude. Maybe this is an indication of what type of coaches he had in hockey last year.

Should Mr. Zierke take some ownership of his actions or reactions? Or, just point a finger at his former coaches? Maybe he learned something from last year's episode and has become a wiser young man. Maybe he can resurrect his hockey career with Mr. Pauly. Let's hope so.
hockeyxprt1

Post by hockeyxprt1 »

breakout wrote:
he_shoots-he_scores wrote:I hear Steve Zierke is playing High School football at BSM. I assume that means he will be back plaing hockey as well since they have a new coach.

Should Mr. Zierke take some ownership of his actions or reactions? Or, just point a finger at his former coaches? Maybe he learned something from last year's episode and has become a wiser young man. Maybe he can resurrect his hockey career with Mr. Pauly. Let's hope so.
Last year was a complicated issue for all parties. Any time a high school kid gets kicked off a team, it makes you scratch your head. I can see both sides of it. The best thing that could of happened for everyone is having a new coaching staff in place at BSM.

On a side note, Steve just started playing football this year if I understand it right. The true sign of a good athlete is being able to jump into a new sport and contribute right away. He has been a high impact player on both sides of the ball all year.
breakout

Post by breakout »

hockeyxprt1 wrote:
breakout wrote:

Last year was a complicated issue for all parties. Any time a high school kid gets kicked off a team, it makes you scratch your head. I can see both sides of it. The best thing that could of happened for everyone is having a new coaching staff in place at BSM.

On a side note, Steve just started playing football this year if I understand it right. The true sign of a good athlete is being able to jump into a new sport and contribute right away. He has been a high impact player on both sides of the ball all year.
Don't know the whole story.........just bits and pieces. Probably some slant to what I heard. I wish him good luck with Ken Pauly. Zierke can help that team.
theref

Post by theref »

How bout somebody knowledgable fill us in on the situation. Why was he kicked off the team last year? What circumstances make it better that new coaches are in place? Personally, if the kid was at fault, what type of example is set when you replacing the coach for kicking a kid off the team that is disrespectful. Like I said though, I need the whole story as to what went on.
Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

theref wrote:How bout somebody knowledgable fill us in on the situation. Why was he kicked off the team last year? What circumstances make it better that new coaches are in place? Personally, if the kid was at fault, what type of example is set when you replacing the coach for kicking a kid off the team that is disrespectful. Like I said though, I need the whole story as to what went on.
I know a lot about what went on and it is probably better to let sleeping dogs lie. Zierke did some things he should not have and instead of working with this young man to control his anger issues, BSM thought it was easier to kick him off the team. I'm sure Zierke has learned a valuable lesson and have heard he is changed young man. Things have a way of working out for the best.

I also saw he ran for 3 touchdowns last night in BSM's win--unless this was a different Zierke playing football for the Red Knights.
Undercover Hockey Lover

Post by Undercover Hockey Lover »

Sounds like the coaching staff from last season did the right thing...if he's come back with a changed attitude and a renewed sense of self. I sense you disagree with what they did by saying they thought it easier to dismiss him versus working with him. Heck, that happens on here all the time and some guys are cement-headed but they eventually get it.