Who will go to state from section 8AA

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will go to state from 8AA

Roseau
67%
Buffalo
4%
moorehead
13%
St. Cloud tech
No votes
Brainerd
7%
Becker/Big Lake
2%
Monticello
2%
River Lakes
No votes
Northern Lakes
5%

Total votes: 55

hockeypimp111

Who will go to state from section 8AA

Post by hockeypimp111 »

who will go to state from 8AA

1. Roseau
2. Buffalo
3. Moorehead
4. st cloud tech.
5. Brainerd
6. Becker/Big Lake
7. Monticello
8. River Lakes
9. Northern Lakes
hockeypimp111

Post by hockeypimp111 »

what team is looking the best in 8AA
HOFam'r

Post by HOFam'r »

CNT probably voted for Buffalo
"Be a teammate first"
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

Roseau
hockey015

Post by hockey015 »

Moorhead
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

Roseau
The U invented swagger.
BERG RENOLZ

Re: Who will go to state from section 8AA

Post by BERG RENOLZ »

hockeypimp111 wrote:who will go to state from 8AA

1. Roseau
2. Buffalo
3. Moorehead
4. st cloud tech.
5. Brainerd
6. Becker/Big Lake
7. Monticello
8. River Lakes
9. Northern Lakes
I don't mean to be a d*ck, but this is kind of dumb. Roseau won the state championship last year and didn't lose much. Granted it won't be a cake walk for them to get past the Spuds or the 3-5 seeds, but come on. Roseau is about as close to a lock as you can get.
CarGuy

Post by CarGuy »

can someone tell me what schools comprise Northern Lakes
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

CarGuy wrote:can someone tell me what schools comprise Northern Lakes
Aitkin High School
Crosby-Ironton High School
Northland High School
Pequot Lakes High School
Pine River-Backus High School
newSPUDfan

Re: Who will go to state from section 8AA

Post by newSPUDfan »

hockeypimp111 wrote:who will go to state from 8AA

1. Roseau
2. Buffalo
3. Moorehead
4. st cloud tech.
5. Brainerd
6. Becker/Big Lake
7. Monticello
8. River Lakes
9. Northern Lakes
The fact that you can't spell Moorhead explains why you would put them behind Buffalo. Or is it Bufallo?
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

IDK Buffalo just may be #2 in that section this year. ya never know :o
blucru11

Post by blucru11 »

Roseau for sure.
5th Line Center

Post by 5th Line Center »

blucru11 wrote:Roseau for sure.
I not really a superstitious person...but I am afraid to make such bold statements. Roseau has a nice team, but some bizarre things can happen. It is especially dangerous if the team feels that they have a free pass.
BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ »

5th Line Center wrote:
blucru11 wrote:Roseau for sure.
I not really a superstitious person...but I am afraid to make such bold statements. Roseau has a nice team, but some bizarre things can happen. It is especially dangerous if the team feels that they have a free pass.
I really don't think the Rams will approach it that way. I think they'll be prepared and won't take anyone lightly. I don't think anyone can argue that if the Rams play well, no one in the section will be able to beat them. I'm not saying it can't or won't happen, but I think it's pretty unlikely.
Indian Head

Post by Indian Head »

Roseau will be the favorite no doubt. It's a long season. Anything can happen. Injuries etc. Wasn't Moorhead a lock to go to state last year until Roseau upset them in the section final? I think you have 4 teams with a legitimate shot.
1.Roseau
2.Moorhead
3.Brainerd
4.Buffalo
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

I wouldn't say they're a lock. They didn't lose much, yes, but the two losses they had were to Moorhead.
BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ »

Indian Head wrote:Roseau will be the favorite no doubt. It's a long season. Anything can happen. Injuries etc. Wasn't Moorhead a lock to go to state last year until Roseau upset them in the section final? I think you have 4 teams with a legitimate shot.
1.Roseau
2.Moorhead
3.Brainerd
4.Buffalo
I think the majority of people that thought Moorhead was a lock were people in Moorhead. I think the beatings they gave the young Rams early in the year inflated their heads. The Rams improved by leaps and bounds throughout the year and matured a lot. Moorhead was very good, but Roseau was better at the end of the year. The Rams are definitely not a lock to go to state. If they think that way, they probably will get beat. If they approach it the same way they did last year and stay healthy everyone better watch out. It's a very solid group of kids and to think that Ness kid will be even better this year. A very solid goaltender doesn't hurt either. I don't think anyone will allow these kids to take anyone lightly. It's about as close to a lock as i can think of! I know the Rams are more of a lock than the Hornets. Edina is in a very tough section while the Rams are in probably one of the weakest.
HOFam'r

Post by HOFam'r »

BERG RENOLZ wrote:
Indian Head wrote:Roseau will be the favorite no doubt. It's a long season. Anything can happen. Injuries etc. Wasn't Moorhead a lock to go to state last year until Roseau upset them in the section final? I think you have 4 teams with a legitimate shot.
1.Roseau
2.Moorhead
3.Brainerd
4.Buffalo
I think the majority of people that thought Moorhead was a lock were people in Moorhead. I think the beatings they gave the young Rams early in the year inflated their heads. The Rams improved by leaps and bounds throughout the year and matured a lot. Moorhead was very good, but Roseau was better at the end of the year. The Rams are definitely not a lock to go to state. If they think that way, they probably will get beat. If they approach it the same way they did last year and stay healthy everyone better watch out. It's a very solid group of kids and to think that Ness kid will be even better this year. A very solid goaltender doesn't hurt either. I don't think anyone will allow these kids to take anyone lightly. It's about as close to a lock as i can think of! I know the Rams are more of a lock than the Hornets. Edina is in a very tough section while the Rams are in probably one of the weakest.

do you really think this is a weak Section? Only time will tell but I think people may be shocked by how tough Brainerd, Tech and Buffalo will be...and let's remember Moorhead has a fairly solid reputation and some really good players coming up...plus Roseau could be one of the ten best teams ever...dont think this section is so weak...
"Be a teammate first"
themantheman

Post by themantheman »

roseau will be at state again this year.
The Best 4th Liner

Who is coming out of section 8@@

Post by The Best 4th Liner »

Roseau is no doubt the favorite, very confident, look for them to roll through the regular season, and then lose in the semis

Moorhead is no doubt the underdog for the first year in a while. Average at best this year (to Moorheads standards which is still good). I see them also losing in the semis.

This is the closest Buffalo will get to a section 8@@ championship. making it to the finals but losing.

So who will win......

BRAINERD, pulling off the upset of moorhead in the semis and winning big against buffalo in the finals, unfortunatly still not good enought to win state.

Nothing Else Matters!
"Two minutes well worth it."
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

HOFam'r wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:
1.Roseau
2.Moorhead
3.Brainerd
4.Buffalo

do you really think this is a weak Section? Only time will tell but I think people may be shocked by how tough Brainerd, Tech and Buffalo will be...and let's remember Moorhead has a fairly solid reputation and some really good players coming up...plus Roseau could be one of the ten best teams ever...dont think this section is so weak...
Who does Tech have, other than Maetche? Any team that has Cole Reynolds as their starting goalie is going to have a tough time shocking anyone.
The U invented swagger.
BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ »

HOFam'r wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:
1.Roseau
2.Moorhead
3.Brainerd
4.Buffalo

Yes, I think it's one of the weakest sections overall in the state in AA. I know Buffalo, Brainerd, and Moorhead will all be pretty decent, but after that if falls off to some pretty bad hockey teams. If Roseau plays well and avoids major injuries to key players it's as close to a lock as i can think of. So, i'm standing by my statement. Tech? What makes them tough this year? Moorhead will be good as always, but only good, not a great team like last year. 12 seniors lost off that team, right? They can beat the Rams, but not if the Rams play well. Do you really think any of these teams will have an answer to stop Ness from doing what he wants? I don't! I think it's going to take a lot more of a solid team like Edina or AHA in the state tourney to do that! Maybe a two hander to the back of his legs is how Buffalo is going to beat them in the semis! :lol:
Goldy Gopher

Re: Who is coming out of section 8@@

Post by Goldy Gopher »

The Best 4th Liner wrote:Roseau is no doubt the favorite, very confident, look for them to roll through the regular season, and then lose in the semis

Moorhead is no doubt the underdog for the first year in a while. Average at best this year (to Moorheads standards which is still good). I see them also losing in the semis.

This is the closest Buffalo will get to a section 8@@ championship. making it to the finals but losing.

So who will win......

BRAINERD, pulling off the upset of moorhead in the semis and winning big against buffalo in the finals, unfortunatly still not good enought to win state.

Nothing Else Matters!
What are you basing Roseau's loss in the semis on?
The U invented swagger.
zippitydoda

Classless

Post by zippitydoda »

Nice class, Goldy Gopher, picking on a goalie by name in your earlier post. But then St. Cloud has its share of no-class people in hockey circles. Tech doesn't stand much chance of getting to state, not that either of the other two high schools in your town do, either. But why denigrate kids by posting negative comments like that. Trying to make yourself feel better?
The Best 4th Liner

Re: Who is coming out of section 8@@

Post by The Best 4th Liner »

Goldy Gopher wrote:
The Best 4th Liner wrote:Roseau is no doubt the favorite, very confident, look for them to roll through the regular season, and then lose in the semis

So who will win......

Nothing Else Matters!
What are you basing Roseau's loss in the semis on?

Over confidence and Buffalos drive to get to a 8@@ championsihp game
"Two minutes well worth it."