Central Scouting List

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hockey nut

Central Scouting List

Post by hockey nut »

I heard that the 2007 Central Scouting Draft list is out. Anyone know where it can be found?
Dazed&Confused

ushl web site

Post by Dazed&Confused »

Lets look
Dazed&Confused

Post by Dazed&Confused »

Not there
Dazed&Confused

Hockey Nut

Post by Dazed&Confused »

Wher did you hear this fantastic news.
boblee

post 8447

Post by boblee »

There is no new list online.
Gopher Blog

Re: Central Scouting List

Post by Gopher Blog »

hockey nut wrote:I heard that the 2007 Central Scouting Draft list is out. Anyone know where it can be found?
The "Players to Watch" list came out during the last week of October last year and the first week of November two years ago. So I would imagine it will be another week or two before it comes out.
Dazed&Confused

Cant Wait

Post by Dazed&Confused »

I wont be able to wait that long. Someone must have a source.
breakout

Re: Cant Wait

Post by breakout »

Dazed&Confused wrote:I wont be able to wait that long. Someone must have a source.

You gonna explode? :shock:
Dazed&Confused

Post by Dazed&Confused »

Yes I am ! I need to validate my life.
Soulforged

Post by Soulforged »

Dazed&Confused wrote:Yes I am ! I need to validate my life.
Is your son holding up better than you?
Dazed&Confused

Post by Dazed&Confused »

My son doesnt care about that list. The only list he cares about is the waiting list at the local steak house.
Soulforged

Post by Soulforged »

Dazed&Confused wrote:My son doesnt care about that list. The only list he cares about is the waiting list at the local steak house.
:lol:
breakout

Post by breakout »

Dazed&Confused wrote:My son doesnt care about that list. The only list he cares about is the waiting list at the local steak house.

Thanks for the chuckle :lol:
Dazed&Confused

Post by Dazed&Confused »

You Are welcome. But seriously He does not care. I do I dont know why but I do.
hockey nut

Post by hockey nut »

What 1990 birth year Minnesota kids will be on the "A" list ? My understanding is the A list kids are kids that will be drafted in the first two rounds. Is this right?
Offside

Post by Offside »

the A COULD go in the early rounds but obviously there is no guarantee. The list will likely be out this Thursday. Just because NHL CSS says they are an A player (to watch) doesn't mean any NHL team will have an interest.
southernmnscout

Post by southernmnscout »

And offside is absolutely correct. It also does not guarantee that your kid will play in the USHL or even get drafted in the USHL. This list is not a good determination of a kid's ability. In my opinion it is more or less the kids with the correct body type or build. Not necessarily the skill level or ability of the kids.
power92

Post by power92 »

southernmnscout wrote:And offside is absolutely correct. It also does not guarantee that your kid will play in the USHL or even get drafted in the USHL. This list is not a good determination of a kid's ability. In my opinion it is more or less the kids with the correct body type or build. Not necessarily the skill level or ability of the kids.
I think you hit it on the head. They also take into account results from a battery of tests like: bench press, pull ups, vert. jump, body comp, wingate test, and sometimes a VO2 max.
Height and weight use to be HUGE factors, not as much anymore.
SPEED IS WHERE ITS AT, EH?
:wink:
....Can't thank you enough for the time.
mnhock20

Post by mnhock20 »

Are you guys talking about that geocities thing? or is that different?
breakout

Post by breakout »

Dazed&Confused wrote:You Are welcome. But seriously He does not care. I do I dont know why but I do.

I believe you, I enjoyed the obvious sense of humor.

Good luck to you and your son.
Offside

Post by Offside »

they do not do any testing for either the watch list or the rankings. it's based upon observation and height and weight and even some players they do not have official height and weight. to say these players do not have good skills is not accurate. the biggest thing they look at in putting players on this list is projecting talent which is an art not science. they have to project a player who is 17, 18 or 19 at least a couple of years out.
nickel slots

Post by nickel slots »

It's a simple equation. The more kids that appear on the precious Central Scouting List = the more kids there are that think they are USHL caliber = the more there are that will attend tryout camps, future camps & USHL Showcase camps = the more money the USHL & the USHL teams will make.

Granted, some kids come out of open camps and make teams, but for the most part they are padding the coffers for the teams that are putting on the camps. Until your name is on a roster, there are certainly NO guarantees.
Don't sweat the small stuff.
It's all small stuff.
power92

Post by power92 »

Offside wrote:they do not do any testing for either the watch list or the rankings. it's based upon observation and height and weight and even some players they do not have official height and weight. to say these players do not have good skills is not accurate. the biggest thing they look at in putting players on this list is projecting talent which is an art not science. they have to project a player who is 17, 18 or 19 at least a couple of years out.
Funny you should say that. I used to adminster said tests for the NHL CSS. Granted that was through the mid to late 90's. Can't imagine they would gas it altogether, some valuable info to be gained from the testing.

I guess I assumed they were tested if they were on the "watch list". Can you clarify a little more, Offside?
....Can't thank you enough for the time.
Offside

Post by Offside »

trust me they are not tested. the players to watch list is now posted on the NHL CSS website
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

I listed out the MN kids and WCHA recruits on my blog. If you don't wish to file through the whole list that is. If I missed a few names, sorry.... I was trying to get it done fast so I could move on to other things. :lol: