Tinted Face Mask?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

boblee

post 8472

Post by boblee » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:05 pm

A note about goalies watching eyes at the H.S. level.

I know of many who have. It isn't a stare, it is a quick glance, or a look outta the corner of the eye. It is surprisingly not imperative for a goalie to look at the puck 100% of the time. In fact, as times modernize and players gain experience, goalies do less and less looking at the puck.

CarGuy

Post by CarGuy » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:44 pm

Itech actually made a tinted mask in the 90's.....i played with a kid who had one...as for the tint, you could still see though it just fine when standing 20 feet away from him, but it was slightly darker than the clear ones.....unless you have very sensative eyes iguess i really dont see the point....i have used the yellow tinted one back in the day,but it looked like a popcorn popper...but i liked that it made things brighter.

Snipesky13

Post by Snipesky13 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:41 pm

i think the question shouldn't be is it legal or not, it should be how ugly are these things? If you want to go out there looking like a clown, then go for it, tint it! Otherwise i would stick with the traditional clear mask or a cage.

hattrickhockey6

Post by hattrickhockey6 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:21 pm

I saw a kid at select 15 tryouts with one. He was made fun of by every person. They called him stuff like darth vador. Still wanna look "cool"?