BRAD RYAN

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Tigers33

state tourney

Post by Tigers33 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:07 am

Orono will be at the state tournament this year because it has the best players!!

Blake might not go to state ever again because of the Brad Ryan curse.

Go Delano!!

Undercover Hockey Lover

Re: coaches

Post by Undercover Hockey Lover » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:39 am

Tigers33 wrote:When it comes down to it players win championships, not coaches...
Well then...when a team loses why blame the coach. Don't kid yourself a coach can win or lose a game. Happen to watch AHA v Moorhead a few years back. One guy OUTCOACHED the other and won the big prize.

So....your premise is just plain WRONG. :wink:

mnpuckfan21

Post by mnpuckfan21 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:01 am

The fact of the matter is, Brad Ryan won, as bad as it sounds, in this day and age, a Minnesota high school hockey coach is judged on whether or not they win. There are a ton of high school coaches who are hard on players, in all sports, so it shouldn't be a huge shock for a player to be yelled at during practice or a game. Now I have no idea what went on behind closed doors at Orono, and I'm not about to place blame on coaches, players, parents, administration, etc. But I do know that the same thing happened to Orono's baseball coach, now that, at least for me, brings up a red flag based on the fact that the Athletic Director is making decisions based on commentary from parents, without maybe knowing the true story. I know a lot of the details regarding Orono's baseball coach, and he did not deserve to lose his job, the players lied to parents, and parents complained to AD, and AD fires coach. Not saying the hockey players lied, but it seems to be a very similar situation.

power92

Post by power92 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:20 am

To quote the MTL commish, "BINGO!" :wink:
....Can't thank you enough for the time.

flatontheice

Re: coaches

Post by flatontheice » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:49 am

Undercover Hockey Lover wrote:
Tigers33 wrote:When it comes down to it players win championships, not coaches...
Well then...when a team loses why blame the coach. Don't kid yourself a coach can win or lose a game. Happen to watch AHA v Moorhead a few years back. One guy OUTCOACHED the other and won the big prize.

So....your premise is just plain WRONG. :wink:
You have got to be joking right? That win had nothing to do with coaching. Moorhead dominated the game from start to finish. AHA had the best goalie and a goalie that stood on his head the entire tournament. 2 of Barribals (sp) goals were short handed on bonehead plays by the Moorhead defense. AHA was out shot by a large margin in every game in that years tournament. AHA had a GREAT effort from the goal tender that year.

chuck69

Post by chuck69 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:53 pm

chin is the man

flatontheice

AHA Goalie

Post by flatontheice » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:57 am