Top 5 in the Lake Confrence

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Winter16

Top 5 in the Lake Confrence

Post by Winter16 »

To me the Lake is one of the hardest confrences in the State of Minnesota I know it is not the hardest but I want to know who you guys think will be contenders for the top of the Standings heres mine.

1. Burnsville
2. Rosemount
3. Eastview
4. Eden Prarie
5. Eagan?? Even losing many seniors that could stay near the top
pioneerhockey12

Post by pioneerhockey12 »

wrong eagan will be horrible right back to the bottom for the wildcats... jefferson will most likely be the way back in 5th behind the obvious 4 then prolly the 2 lakevilles
1. Bursnville
2. Eastview
3. EP
4.Rosemount
5.Jefferson
6. w/e
Winter16

g

Post by Winter16 »

I think rosemount will be at number 2 they beat every team on your rankings and beating EV in sections that's my opinion though Rosemount still probably would have won but O'Shea had a bad game in the section quarterfinal
newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 »

pioneerhockey12 wrote:wrong eagan will be horrible right back to the bottom for the wildcats... jefferson will most likely be the way back in 5th behind the obvious 4 then prolly the 2 lakevilles
1. Bursnville
2. Eastview
3. EP
4.Rosemount
5.Jefferson
6. w/e
Eastview is overrated and has new coaches with Gibbons leaving. Drey is good but he also has a soph goalie that didnt impress me at all last year. He has skills but being that young and starting a majority of the games? I just dont see EV being in top 4.
Rbkhockey21

Post by Rbkhockey21 »

newsguy35 wrote:
pioneerhockey12 wrote:wrong eagan will be horrible right back to the bottom for the wildcats... jefferson will most likely be the way back in 5th behind the obvious 4 then prolly the 2 lakevilles
1. Bursnville
2. Eastview
3. EP
4.Rosemount
5.Jefferson
6. w/e
Eastview is overrated and has new coaches with Gibbons leaving. Drey is good but he also has a soph goalie that didnt impress me at all last year. He has skills but being that young and starting a majority of the games? I just dont see EV being in top 4.
I too think with Gibbons leaving it might hurt the Lightning..But i can see EV making some noise with the talent they have, but just not enough as other teams such as Burnsville or Rosemount
:arrow:
1.Burnsville/Rosemount
3.Jefferson
4.EV
5.EP
newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 »

Rbkhockey21 wrote:
newsguy35 wrote:
1. Bursnville
2. Eastview
3. EP
4.Rosemount
5.Jefferson
6. w/e
I too think with Gibbons leaving it might hurt the Lightning..But i can see EV making some noise with the talent they have, but just not enough as other teams such as Burnsville or Rosemount
1.Burnsville/Rosemount
3.Jefferson
4.EV
5.EP
1. Bville-gotta knock them off before you can claim #1.
2. Rosemount
3. Jefferson
4. EP
5/6. EV/Eagan

Malone, Perry and Fienhage (sp) are good but I just dont see anything that special about the team. Their goaltending is questionable at best and if they dont average 5 goals a game or more they might not hit .500. EV's schedule is not easy.
Rbkhockey21

Post by Rbkhockey21 »

newsguy35 wrote:
Rbkhockey21 wrote:
newsguy35 wrote: Eastview is overrated and has new coaches with Gibbons leaving. Drey is good but he also has a soph goalie that didnt impress me at all last year. He has skills but being that young and starting a majority of the games? I just dont see EV being in top 4.
1.Burnsville/Rosemount
3.Jefferson
4.EV
5.EP
1. Bville-gotta knock them off before you can claim #1.
2. Rosemount
3. Jefferson
4. EP
5/6. EV/Eagan

Malone, Perry and Fienhage (sp) are good but I just dont see anything that special about the team. Their goaltending is questionable at best and if they dont average 5 goals a game or more they might not hit .500. EV's schedule is not easy.
Last year Rosemount and Burnsville split both beating each other in each others house. It will be a clash of 1st lines, and which ever's 2nd line can step up..I see them winning. Rosemount seems to have more depth but we'll see!
Winter16

Yes

Post by Winter16 »

I agree I think with but there underclassmen Andrew Anderson being now a sophmore and devolping over the summer and now freshman Brady Loew can do a lot more damage this upcoming season Markewitz Anderson and Dale is a better second line
eagle4life9

Post by eagle4life9 »

newsguy-of course EVs schedule isnt easy but no ones in the lake is easy because they all play 20 conference games and you can only play 25 in a season so i dont think the 5 non conference games are going to make alot of difference especially when were talking about whos going to win the conference.

burnsville
eastview
ep
rosemount
lakeville N
jefferson
lakeville S
eagan
chaska
AV
kennedy
pioneerhockey12

d

do you really think that lakeville north will be in the top 5?
minnesotahockeyfan

Post by minnesotahockeyfan »

north will be terrible south will be much better
newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 »

eagle4life9 wrote:newsguy-of course EVs schedule isnt easy but no ones in the lake is easy because they all play 20 conference games and you can only play 25 in a season so i dont think the 5 non conference games are going to make alot of difference especially when were talking about whos going to win the conference.

burnsville
eastview
ep
rosemount
lakeville N
jefferson
lakeville S
eagan
chaska
AV
kennedy

Eastview's 5 non-conference will be the deciding factor not to mention that they will be learning a new system under a new coach. O'Shea is not the answer to their goaltending problems, which seem to hinder them every year since Orlando Alamano left. What wins games.... GOALTENDING! Unless they score 5 to 8 goals every single game they will not be as high as everyone expects. I assume (and I use that term loosely) that they will play Warroad and Bemidji, or 2 northern teams that are close to that calibre. They will not play Warroad as competitively this year and Bemidji beat them last year. I would expect Rosemount to sweep them as well as B'ville. I am thinking split with Eagan, which is now 5 losses already. I am rooting for my fellow lightning but reality is reality. They will not be in the top 4 at the end of the year.
eagle4life9

Post by eagle4life9 »

no i never thought id say north would be in the top 5 but i dont really see anyone else other than the obvious top four doing anything so 5-11 will probably be a big jumble with the exception of maybe one or two that stay at the bottom

also i would agree south will probably be a better team than north but with all the suspensions ive heard about i think south will struggle in the early part of the year and therefore finish below north even though they may beat them once or twice
pioneerhockey12

d

north will definitly not be terrible they have some players coming back but do u know who got suspended from south?
Rbkhockey21

Re: d

Post by Rbkhockey21 »

pioneerhockey12 wrote:north will definitly not be terrible they have some players coming back but do u know who got suspended from south?
i've heard it was Chris Cass but im not 100% sure which would be a big blow to the cougars if he is..
hockeyjunkie2

Post by hockeyjunkie2 »

My pick is Burnsville to win the conference. EP should be good, Jefferson was young last year and should be better. Eagan worse than last year. AV should be about the same. I think Rosemount will have a good year. Eastview needs to do something about the goalie and have Maloney score more this year and if they do will be top 3 or 4 team.
breakout

Post by breakout »

hockeyjunkie2 wrote:My pick is Burnsville to win the conference. EP should be good, Jefferson was young last year and should be better. Eagan worse than last year. AV should be about the same. I think Rosemount will have a good year. Eastview needs to do something about the goalie and have Maloney score more this year and if they do will be top 3 or 4 team.
Eastview is not all about Maloney. They have Friedman as well. Friedman may put more pucks in the twine than anyone else on that team.

I agree on the goalie scenario. However, their young goalie has talent, will be bigger and stronger and should be a positive factor.

Feinhage has talent, but needs to use his head and keep out of the box. That team needs him on the ice.
hockeyjunkie2

Post by hockeyjunkie2 »

breakout wrote:
hockeyjunkie2 wrote:My pick is Burnsville to win the conference. EP should be good, Jefferson was young last year and should be better. Eagan worse than last year. AV should be about the same. I think Rosemount will have a good year. Eastview needs to do something about the goalie and have Maloney score more this year and if they do will be top 3 or 4 team.
Eastview is not all about Maloney. They have Friedman as well. Friedman may put more pucks in the twine than anyone else on that team.

I agree on the goalie scenario. However, their young goalie has talent, will be bigger and stronger and should be a positive factor.

Feinhage has talent, but needs to use his head and keep out of the box. That team needs him on the ice.
I know its not jsut about Maloney but if they want to be successful this year I think they need him to score more this year. Agreed on Finehage needing to stay out of the box and playing smarter. I heard the goalie has not gotten any bigger from last year, until I see different play from him this year I can't say they are a favorite to win the conference.
breakout

Post by breakout »

hockeyjunkie2 wrote:
breakout wrote:

I know its not jsut about Maloney but if they want to be successful this year I think they need him to score more this year. Agreed on Finehage needing to stay out of the box and playing smarter. I heard the goalie has not gotten any bigger from last year, until I see different play from him this year I can't say they are a favorite to win the conference.
You are correct, Maloney will need to step up and be a leader.

I have to believe Burnsville will be the favorite. Rosemount will be talented, but they have a way of crumbling with this group.............no disrespect Rosemount. Hope you prove me wrong.
STEV16

Post by STEV16 »

Eastview's 5 non-conference will be the deciding factor not to mention that they will be learning a new system under a new coach. O'Shea is not the answer to their goaltending problems, which seem to hinder them every year since Orlando Alamano left. What wins games.... GOALTENDING! Unless they score 5 to 8 goals every single game they will not be as high as everyone expects. I assume (and I use that term loosely) that they will play Warroad and Bemidji, or 2 northern teams that are close to that calibre. They will not play Warroad as competitively this year and Bemidji beat them last year. I would expect Rosemount to sweep them as well as B'ville. I am thinking split with Eagan, which is now 5 losses already. I am rooting for my fellow lightning but reality is reality. They will not be in the top 4 at the end of the year.
Does Eastview play Warroad this year? I thought I heard that they didnt this year which is suprising. Also, I have been hearing that O Shea isn't a lock for the starting spot.... I expect them to finish them in the top 3... Just my guess[/code]
gopherhockey99

Post by gopherhockey99 »

i believe burnsville and ep will fight for the title, with eastview rosemount and eagan in the hunt. it seems as if every year rosemount is hyped and always seems to underachieve, however maybe they can string together a consistent solid season for a change...same kind of with eastview. burnsville's top line will lead their team and ep obviously has depth and some experience, especially on defense. my suprise pick is eagan, the last two seasons they have both been picked on this site by the majority to finish in the bottom cellar part of the conference and have finished top 3 twice now.
ozzdan21

Post by ozzdan21 »

Burnsville-HENDO,Barnzy, Perisic........ Enough said
Rosemount-JT Brown
EP_Nick leddy
Eagan- its eagan
Eastview-Austin maye and maloney
newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 »

ozzdan21 wrote:Burnsville-HENDO,Barnzy, Perisic........ Enough said
Rosemount-JT Brown
EP_Nick leddy
Eagan- its eagan
Austin Maye no longer goes to that school and he never played varsity, he played Jr Gold. Maloney and Freidman will be the big scorers and O'shea is not a lock but Krob is not the answer either. Both are undersized and while O'shea has been training, he is not ready for this level as a sophomore. They will need to find goaltending somewhere. I could be wrong but they had Grant Benner who they gave up on last year. He is a positioned goalie but nothing spectacular. I do not expect them to be in the top 5 unless they average 5-8 goals... That is all there is to it.
hockeyjunkie2

Post by hockeyjunkie2 »

newsguy35 wrote:
ozzdan21 wrote:Burnsville-HENDO,Barnzy, Perisic........ Enough said
Rosemount-JT Brown
EP_Nick leddy
Eagan- its eagan
Austin Maye no longer goes to that school and he never played varsity, he played Jr Gold. Maloney and Freidman will be the big scorers and O'shea is not a lock but Krob is not the answer either. Both are undersized and while O'shea has been training, he is not ready for this level as a sophomore. They will need to find goaltending somewhere. I could be wrong but they had Grant Benner who they gave up on last year. He is a positioned goalie but nothing spectacular. I do not expect them to be in the top 5 unless they average 5-8 goals... That is all there is to it.
Benner graduated so O'Shea or Krob has to do it for them. The one saving grace they may have is games where they limit shots like they did last year in some games.
STEV16

Post by STEV16 »

Benner graduated so O'Shea or Krob has to do it for them. The one saving grace they may have is games where they limit shots like they did last year in some games
Blocking Shots= Eastview Hockey