Hermantown 07-08

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

puckmaster69

Hermantown 07-08

Post by puckmaster69 »

What does everyone think about Hermantown this year? With them moving out of 7A this year into 5A it seems like a whole new game. I know expectations are going to be high this year. I think It's going to come down to goaltending because they still have strong defense and a solid offense.
nstars4ever

Post by nstars4ever »

who are their goalies? and how good are they?

Even with average golies i think they will at least make it to the section final, but denfeld will win that game.
boblee

post 8476

Post by boblee »

Bold statement to make in October. Especially considering the fact that Denfeld by no means has superior goaltending and/or defense.
fkahckyprofessor20

Post by fkahckyprofessor20 »

Even though I would love to see Denfeld make a long awaited return to the state tourney I'm with boblee on this one - Denfeld has a lot to prove. The young guys are really going to have to step up to fill the voids of lost seniors. Hermantown will need the same out of their young guys. I'm looking forward to the start of the season!
hawkeyfan

Post by hawkeyfan »

The sophomore grade in hermantown is being rumored to be the best ever. Lots of talent every where and one young goalie opting to come up and try out for varsity instead of playing down another year will make the competion for goalie even more difficult. will they be as strong as last year? no. You can't replace huttel, hardy, leblanc, all in one year. but i would still pick them to win the section even this early but denfeld is every bit capable of pulling it off as well
believe in the hockey gods...
Stealth

Post by Stealth »

Wouldn’t you say there is only two teams in the section 5A they are in?
Duluth Denfeld High School
Hermantown High School

is the new goalie Ampy (sp?)

So based on that angle should do ok. \:D/
ColdasIce

Post by ColdasIce »

Stealth wrote:Wouldn’t you say there is only two teams in the section 5A they are in?
Hermantown High School

How did Hermantown get lucky enough to get moved to that section!! One competitor. Heard Jake Johnson is injured, bad knee, tore stuff, is he out for season, anyone know?
fkahckyprofessor20

Post by fkahckyprofessor20 »

I had heard he was hurt but I didn't know how bad it was. That would be a HUGE blow to Denfeld's chances. But everyone is forgetting one team and that's St Cloud Cathedral. They have some great coaching on that team and are ready to go come playoff time year after year. I wouldn't count them out of the section, especially not before the season has even started. Sauk Rapids could have a decent team this year as well. Tough to narrow it down to just Denfeld and Hermantown at this point.
hawkeyfan

Post by hawkeyfan »

fkahckyprofessor20 wrote:I had heard he was hurt but I didn't know how bad it was. That would be a HUGE blow to Denfeld's chances. But everyone is forgetting one team and that's St Cloud Cathedral. They have some great coaching on that team and are ready to go come playoff time year after year. I wouldn't count them out of the section, especially not before the season has even started. Sauk Rapids could have a decent team this year as well. Tough to narrow it down to just Denfeld and Hermantown at this point.
From what i heard St. cloud had lost a lot of upper class talent. (so did hermantown but hermantown won state). As for sauk i think that they lost a really good goalie last year and i haven't heard anything about their back up. How good is st. cloud looking this year?
hawkeyfan

Post by hawkeyfan »

Stealth wrote:Wouldn’t you say there is only two teams in the section 5A they are in?
Hermantown High School

yeah ampy is one but i believe teigan? is going up as well but i heard it from a not so reliable source so i don't know
7A22A

Post by 7A22A »

SCC may not be considered the front runner. However, I would not count them out as they seem to put together a quality every year. I think Schmidt may be recovering from an injury and wonder if he will be ready. Maybe someone from SCC could shed some light (Blanda or BG). Also, they had several players on an Elite II team. As for DD. If true, that is terrible news about JJ.
George Blanda

Post by George Blanda »

cathedral will be good if they can find a decent tender. Most of the guys that they lost are replaceable, in my opinion.
"they are LAME" -darkdemon on SJU hockey
hckynet07

Post by hckynet07 »

ColdasIce wrote:
Hermantown High School

How did Hermantown get lucky enough to get moved to that section!! One competitor. Heard Jake Johnson is injured, bad knee, tore stuff, is he out for season, anyone know?
Jake Johnson will be fine... trust me on this one. He'll take this team places, but there are plenty of other high caliber players on this squad to help him out.
BigWorm

Post by BigWorm »

Kyle Lonetto is a stud and should anchor the blueline at h-town this season.
hshockeyfan53

Post by hshockeyfan53 »

Does anybody know where Lonetto is playing after high school?