Elite II finals

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Pucknutz69

Elite II finals

Post by Pucknutz69 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:39 am

Elite II finished up this past weekend.

Section 6A/AA played Sec. 1A/AA - 6A/AA was up 5-0 into 3rd period
(6A/AA skated most of thier senoirs over the weekend)

Section 4A/AA defeated Sec. 7A/AA for third place by a score of 4-3, fast whistle free game, fun to watch.

Great weekends of hockey a lot of valuable experiance gained by most. My son enjoyed it also nice to see no one was hurt before tryouts.

Thanks to Elite II for creating another place for High schoolers to play and showcase thier talents.

davey

Re: Elite II finals

Post by davey » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:58 am

Pucknutz69 wrote:Elite II finished up this past weekend.

Section 4A/AA defeated Sec. 7A/AA for third place by a score of 4-3, fast whistle free game, fun to watch.

Great weekends of hockey a lot of valuable experiance gained by most. My son enjoyed it also nice to see no one was hurt before tryouts.

Thanks to Elite II for creating another place for High schoolers to play and showcase thier talents.
6AA/6A 5
1AA/1A 2

HOFam'r

Re: Elite II finals

Post by HOFam'r » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:46 am

Pucknutz69 wrote:Elite II finished up this past weekend.

Anyone have all the results?
"Be a teammate first"

BlueLiner

Elite II Scores

Post by BlueLiner » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:44 pm

Preliminary Games:

West Metro6
North Dakota 3

4A/AA 6
3A/AA 2

8A/AA 5
North Dakota Starz 4

Championship Bracket:

West Metro 1
1A/AA 8

7A/AA 4
5A/AA 2

8A/AA 2
6A/AA 4

4A/AA 5
2A/AA 3

1A/AA 5
7A/AA 1

6A/AA 4
4A/AA 3

Championship game:
6A/AA 5
1A/AA 2

3rd Place:

7A/AA 3
4A/AA 4

West Metro 4
5A/AA 3

8A/AA 4
2A/AA 9

Consolation Championship:

West Metro 1
2A/AA 2 OT - Shootout was 1-0

That is all the scores I have and I hope I have them right.

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:41 pm

Here is how the teams lined up after the regular season.

Playoff Seedings: Based on Final League Standings
#1Seed: Section 1A/1AA
#2 Seed: Section 2A/2AA
#3 Seed: Section 6A/6AA
#4 Seed: Section 5A/5AA
#5 Seed: Section 7A/7AA
#6 Seed: North Dakota Starz
#7 Seed: Section 4A/4AA
#8 Seed: West Metro
#9 Seed: North Dakota
#10 Seed: Section 3A/3AA
#11 Seed: Section 8A/8AA
Wisconsin & Shattuck-St. Mary’s did not participate in the Playoff Tournament

From the web page

2pipesnin

Elite II

Post by 2pipesnin » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:19 pm

Puckntz69 did Section 6A/AA have more senior then the rest of the Section teams or did the coach shorten the bench?

stitches

Post by stitches » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:58 pm

Pucknutz, Section 6AA/A has five seniors, I bet they got tired having to play the whole game. I think they have some Jrs on the team that were carrying the load for them.

Pucknutz69

Post by Pucknutz69 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:36 pm

stitches wrote:Pucknutz, Section 6AA/A has five seniors, I bet they got tired having to play the whole game. I think they have some Jrs on the team that were carrying the load for them.
Where did I state they played the whole game? They skated the 4 senior skaters all weekend the game I saw the 10th grader played in nets. Other teams rotated lineups like they have all year. Sec. 2 skated a Sophmore heavy lineup all weekend. Yes they have a couple of nice Jrs nice to have a line from EP. The Mulvehill kid is a nice player played intense every shift.

BlueLiner

Elite II Finals

Post by BlueLiner » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:58 pm

Section 6A/AA had all available players playing during the tournament. 2 players are out with mono, 1 player out with a hand injury and 2 players were not available to play. It was lucky there were no more injuries during the weekend.

The weekend seemed to go pretty well for all teams with some close games along the way. I agree that it is nice to have another place for some talented players to showcase their talents. There are some teams that rostered up to 6 or 7 seniors during the league, but only 4 senior skaters and 1 senior goalie can be dressed per game.

puckinawsum

Post by puckinawsum » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:35 pm

What player stood out in the championship game? I heard it was pretty offensive both ways.

stitches

Post by stitches » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:52 pm

Pucknutz, intensity is not the same as foolish. He spends too much time in the box. Plays when he wants to. Got thrown out at Kasson for fighting and yapping.

Pucknutz69

Post by Pucknutz69 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:59 pm

stitches wrote:Pucknutz, intensity is not the same as foolish. He spends too much time in the box. Plays when he wants to. Got thrown out at Kasson for fighting and yapping.
I wasn't at Kasson.......... just reporting what I saw. He looked good in the 2 games I saw. 4A/AA had the same type of player I think he played in half the games and was in the box or kick out for the other half.

BlueLiner

Championship Game

Post by BlueLiner » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:44 am

How did SiouxFan think the game went? Did he notice any players that played well on either team?

Sioux Fan

Sioux Fan thought that several players played well

Post by Sioux Fan » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:21 am

I thought we had some great performances from some of our players and that the Defense and goaltender for Section 6 along with the forwards from Little Falls did a great job.

Players from our team that had strong games
Sean Stewart Senior New Ulm Left Wing
Tyler Voigt Junior Rochester Lourdes Center
Nic Scudamore Senior Rochester Lourdes Goaltender
Erik Ordahl Senior Rochester Century Defense
Connor Faupel Freshman Rochester Century Defense
Taylor Funk Junior Rochester Lourdes Center
Jordan Prescher-Smerud Junior Albert Lea RW
Andrew Bruggeman Junior Mankato West RW
Grant Pavek Faribault Senior RW
One line out of four and one set of D out of 3 isn't enough

Goaltender Matt Arentz Sophomore from Lakeville North had a very strong Tourney also.

3 brutal turnovers in our own end resulted in easy goals for Section 6.

We had one of strongest D pairings on the ice for 3 or 4 goals on very poor turnovers.

one of our top lines had two 3-1 rushes in the 1st period and didn't even get a shot on net.

Usually we have all 20 guys punched in and playing our game but we were not ready and played our best game of the year on Saturday and forgot to punch in on Sunday. Section 6 played a good game but when we let the D carry the puck out of thier end for 3 of the first 4 shifts we are in for a long day. We play with an aggresssive forechecking system and you cannot do it by sticking your stick out and making a circle.
Fighting Sioux Forever

BlueLiner

Champ Game

Post by BlueLiner » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:03 am

Sioux Fan, good post. This really was a pretty good up and down the ice game which is what you want to see in a championship game. I agree with your comment on the section 6 D group, probably the best D group in the past 3 years for section 6 in terms of depth. It's the old saying defense can win championships.

Sometimes their offensive mindness did get them in trouble, but teams that did not put a body on them were in trouble with a fast break up ice. I think both teams played very well and the section 6 goalie had probably his best game of the year that day which is what was needed to hold off a strong section 1 team.

hockeytimetonight

Post by hockeytimetonight » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:22 pm

Were were the D and goalie from section six? Will hey be on varsity next year?

bstarr15

Post by bstarr15 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:37 pm

Thanks Souix Fan good info.
I heard the same for section 6 goalie that he played upside down and sideways stopping many shots, Great fall season and prep for HS.

BlueLiner

Post by BlueLiner » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:54 pm

Section 6 D and Goalie on Sunday:

Andrew Dale Senior Benilde
TJ Poganski Senior St. Cloud Cathedral
Tom Fallen Junior Armstrong
Taylor Wolfe Junior EP
Lucas Whelan Sophomore

And for two periods Brett Patterson Sophomore from Benilde played back then went back up to forward in the 3rd period.

Goalie was Cameron Stypula from EP