New Goalie in Burnsville ???

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

IMHO

New Goalie in Burnsville ???

Post by IMHO »

I heard a new goalie from Wisconsin showed up at captains practice. They already had the kid from Lakeville slither over there. What gives? It's the kind of recruiting you'd see out of a private school (or EP football). Where is the commitment to the local kids that have always been there?

:idea:
Last edited by IMHO on Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
sicknasty7722

Post by sicknasty7722 »

Commitment is to the top 12 forwards, 6 defensemen, and two goalies, no matter where they come from.
tjkhavgam

Post by tjkhavgam »

I was just at a squirt parent meeting at the BHC ( Burnsville Hockey Club ) They have a mission statement that states ( we are here to produce high end talent to the BURNSVILLE HIGH SCHOOL). I wonder what message that sends to the parents and kids in that program if you work your butt off to play for your high school team and somebody comes in at the last second and takes his or her postion. I think they put that mission statement in because they were tired of losing players to AHA, weather it has worked or not I don't know.
IMHO

Post by IMHO »

Nasty- Again that would apply if you are a private school. In this case, train your kids the way the HS coach wants them prepared through squirts, peewees, and bantams. Then live with what you've built. Otherwise, you sure can't feel bad when your future superstars bail on you to play at AHA, the Fire (instead of your assn.), etc. Loyalty to HS and your association starts at home with the commitment to your own and a connection to the program.
Last edited by IMHO on Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

How do you know that the kid from WI didn't actually transfer in with his family for non-hockey related reasons??
fighting all who rob or plunder
O-townClown

Is he any good?

Post by O-townClown »

tomASS wrote:How do you know that the kid from WI didn't actually transfer in with his family for non-hockey related reasons??
And how do we know if he's not afraid of the puck?
IMHO

Post by IMHO »

All I know ASS is my kid has never seen him in school.
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

IMHO wrote:All I know ASS is my kid has never seen him in school.
Well the new transfer rules should help stop a lot of the free-flow that occured earlier.

I could always face the same situation here, but I have told my son that if it is worth having it is worth earning. He will face competition through life in all his daily endeavors.

In fact with two schools soon in Chaska (and Chanhassen) and not alot of goalie inventory after the two seniors leave this year, my concern is my son getting complacent in his training.

Regardless- goalies mature and peak later in their careers so no matter what happens this year, our sons have not reached their optimum development potential ( at least we hope)

Good luck and may the best 2 goalies win a varsity spot.
fighting all who rob or plunder
tjkhavgam

Post by tjkhavgam »

I'am not that close to the situation, but after a few calls it sounds like the kid is here for hockey only. He better be exceptional or he may not be playing hockey this year. I would have a hard time if I was the coach.
Broke Goalie Dad

Post by Broke Goalie Dad »

I just talked to our HS kid, he knew all about this, and says the goalie is "insanely good", and that the transfer was completed before the new rules went into effect.

Time will tell, but I'm not sure if I like this or not. We have 2 awesome goalies who have been with the program forever.

On the other hand, Janne is one of the best coaches in the state, if not the midwest, and I can easily see why kids would want to come play on his team.

BGD.
rbkhockey

Post by rbkhockey »

Broke Goalie Dad wrote:I just talked to our HS kid, he knew all about this, and says the goalie is "insanely good", and that the transfer was completed before the new rules went into effect.

Time will tell, but I'm not sure if I like this or not. We have 2 awesome goalies who have been with the program forever.

On the other hand, Janne is one of the best coaches in the state, if not the midwest, and I can easily see why kids would want to come play on his team.

BGD.
COME ON PAL. best in the midwest?! you kidding me. only went to state once. some decent seasons but to say the best in the state is even retarded. hes probably not the best in the conference
newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 »

rbkhockey wrote:
Broke Goalie Dad wrote:I just talked to our HS kid, he knew all about this, and says the goalie is "insanely good", and that the transfer was completed before the new rules went into effect.

BGD.
COME ON PAL. best in the midwest?! you kidding me. only went to state once. some decent seasons but to say the best in the state is even retarded. hes probably not the best in the conference
I dont think he has been there too long. I am not sticking up for him but I would definitely say he was the best coach in his conference last year. He pulled that Bville team together at the end of the year when it counted and even when they were down at state they just about pulled it out.

As for BGD, I would say that you did exaggerate pretty badly. He is a great coach and it showed last year. Lets see if he is consistent from year to year as well...
SEMinnHockeyNut

Post by SEMinnHockeyNut »

Wasn't last year Janne's first year in Burnsville?
mnhockey777

goalies

Post by mnhockey777 »

i know people said burnsville wouldn't be that good this year because they don't have a goalie, but how would there outlook change if they get this kid from WI and the lakeville north kid.
mnhockey9009

Post by mnhockey9009 »

would he not still have to sit out because he was transferring over state borders like Andy Singerhouse from Hill-Murray last year?
If you look good, you play good.
MrBill

Post by MrBill »

This isn't the same WI goalie that's been going to school all fall in Maple Grove is it? How many Scony goalies are coming to God's country to play hockey?
mnhockey777

Post by mnhockey777 »

MrBill wrote:This isn't the same WI goalie that's been going to school all fall in Maple Grove is it? How many Scony goalies are coming to God's country to play hockey?

i think it is the one who has been at maple grove
newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 »

mnhockey9009 wrote:would he not still have to sit out because he was transferring over state borders like Andy Singerhouse from Hill-Murray last year?
He would not have to sit out if his parents/guardians had an address change into their school district. They have a 1 transfer rule for exceptions like that. We will see how the MSHSL handles this one.
tjkhavgam

Post by tjkhavgam »

Wouldn't his 1 transfer be from WI to Maple Grove? Sounds like he may have had 2 transfers. It sure would have to be looked at by MSHSL.
creaseaddict

hi there

Post by creaseaddict »

hey, just to settle the idea about the new goalie in burnsville and clarify some things, i thought i'd let you know what was really happening. the new wisconsin goalie who is transferring into burnsville is me, and im not going there because their hockey team is good (not that they arent). in no way shape or form am i trying to sneak on to a good team at the last second. as a matter of fact i was finally comfortable in maple grove. and as to the "insanely good" quote... im just trying to play hockey my senior year. with my family situation as unstable as it is, hockeys really my release... if i sit the bench i sit the bench. i just wanna be in the game and not penalized for things beyond my control. the story goes a little something like this: saying my current situation is messed in the head would be the understatement of the year. My mom works catastrophe insurance for storms (katrina and such) so she makes her money come storm season. being that i live alone with her, she is the primary source of income because im a lazy bum and have never been employed. so we do alright financially when storms hit during the hurricane season. so when i moved into mg storm season was still in full effect and there were a few tropical storms and depressions that looked promising. none of them panned out. we made enough money from previous storms so that she didnt have to work really for a while and looked for a job she liked while waiting for the next storm. sorry to all grammar enthusiasts im aggravating with this writing by the way im just too exhausted and frustrated to care. anyway no storms hit last year which was the first recorded year in quite some time that a hurricane or major tropical storm didnt touch us soil. so we were a little financially strapped. this year (for the second year in a row) the same thing happened and we effectively broke the bank. my mom was forced to take a job at an independent insurance agency (cis or somethin goofy) and they gave her territory (places she drives to in order to inspect claims and do her job) in the metro area. originally she was going to come here live with me during the week and go back to the claims office in eau claire once it was done. as of this tuesday her area changed to the area just north of burnsville (i forget the name... give me a break im new here) and down to some other goofy city name i wouldnt remember even if she told me again. moral of the story is she and i can not afford house payments in wisconsin (where were still trying to sell the house) along with an apartment in mg and an apartment in the burnsville area. as a last ditch effort i attempted to take a loan out on my car and use it as collateral... essentially putting me back to the same debt as when i bought it... unfortunately banks dont like to give money to kids whove just turned eighteen with little credit history and in sums of 5000... so i needed a cosigner... i found my uncle to do it but they turned him down because her hasnt had a steady job for 5 years and my mom doesnt have the credit for it due to the aforementioned problems. so i know this has a bit of personal information in it... but i felt it necessary to explain myself because i know how sticky the transfer situation can get

mike
RLStars

Re: hi there

Post by RLStars »

creaseaddict wrote:hey, just to settle the idea about the new goalie in burnsville and clarify some things, i thought i'd let you know what was really happening. the new wisconsin goalie who is transferring into burnsville is me, and im not going there because their hockey team is good (not that they arent). in no way shape or form am i trying to sneak on to a good team at the last second. as a matter of fact i was finally comfortable in maple grove. and as to the "insanely good" quote... im just trying to play hockey my senior year. with my family situation as unstable as it is, hockeys really my release... if i sit the bench i sit the bench. i just wanna be in the game and not penalized for things beyond my control. the story goes a little something like this: saying my current situation is messed in the head would be the understatement of the year. My mom works catastrophe insurance for storms (katrina and such) so she makes her money come storm season. being that i live alone with her, she is the primary source of income because im a lazy bum and have never been employed. so we do alright financially when storms hit during the hurricane season. so when i moved into mg storm season was still in full effect and there were a few tropical storms and depressions that looked promising. none of them panned out. we made enough money from previous storms so that she didnt have to work really for a while and looked for a job she liked while waiting for the next storm. sorry to all grammar enthusiasts im aggravating with this writing by the way im just too exhausted and frustrated to care. anyway no storms hit last year which was the first recorded year in quite some time that a hurricane or major tropical storm didnt touch us soil. so we were a little financially strapped. this year (for the second year in a row) the same thing happened and we effectively broke the bank. my mom was forced to take a job at an independent insurance agency (cis or somethin goofy) and they gave her territory (places she drives to in order to inspect claims and do her job) in the metro area. originally she was going to come here live with me during the week and go back to the claims office in eau claire once it was done. as of this tuesday her area changed to the area just north of burnsville (i forget the name... give me a break im new here) and down to some other goofy city name i wouldnt remember even if she told me again. moral of the story is she and i can not afford house payments in wisconsin (where were still trying to sell the house) along with an apartment in mg and an apartment in the burnsville area. as a last ditch effort i attempted to take a loan out on my car and use it as collateral... essentially putting me back to the same debt as when i bought it... unfortunately banks dont like to give money to kids whove just turned eighteen with little credit history and in sums of 5000... so i needed a cosigner... i found my uncle to do it but they turned him down because her hasnt had a steady job for 5 years and my mom doesnt have the credit for it due to the aforementioned problems. so i know this has a bit of personal information in it... but i felt it necessary to explain myself because i know how sticky the transfer situation can get

mike
WHAT????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
That is the goofiest thing I've read. Three residences, an out of state transfer to Maple Grove and a transfer to Burnsville after the school year started? Sounds like your sitting out the varsity year and playiing JV.
Last edited by RLStars on Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tjkhavgam

Post by tjkhavgam »

Mike, Has the MSHSL ok'ed your transfer? Oh i did hear from kids that were at the captions practice that you were sick( i think that means good)
newsguy35

Re: hi there

Post by newsguy35 »

RLStars wrote:
creaseaddict wrote:hey, just to settle the idea about the new goalie in burnsville and clarify some things, i thought i'd let you know what was really happening. the new wisconsin goalie who is transferring into burnsville is me, and im not going there because their hockey team is good (not that they arent). in no way shape or form am i trying to sneak on to a good team at the last second. as a matter of fact i was finally comfortable in maple grove. and as to the "insanely good" quote... im just trying to play hockey my senior year. with my family situation as unstable as it is, hockeys really my release... if i sit the bench i sit the bench. i just wanna be in the game and not penalized for things beyond my control. the story goes a little something like this: saying my current situation is messed in the head would be the understatement of the year. My mom works catastrophe insurance for storms (katrina and such) so she makes her money come storm season. being that i live alone with her, she is the primary source of income because im a lazy bum and have never been employed. so we do alright financially when storms hit during the hurricane season. so when i moved into mg storm season was still in full effect and there were a few tropical storms and depressions that looked promising. none of them panned out. we made enough money from previous storms so that she didnt have to work really for a while and looked for a job she liked while waiting for the next storm. sorry to all grammar enthusiasts im aggravating with this writing by the way im just too exhausted and frustrated to care. anyway no storms hit last year which was the first recorded year in quite some time that a hurricane or major tropical storm didnt touch us soil. so we were a little financially strapped. this year (for the second year in a row) the same thing happened and we effectively broke the bank. my mom was forced to take a job at an independent insurance agency (cis or somethin goofy) and they gave her territory (places she drives to in order to inspect claims and do her job) in the metro area. originally she was going to come here live with me during the week and go back to the claims office in eau claire once it was done. as of this tuesday her area changed to the area just north of burnsville (i forget the name... give me a break im new here) and down to some other goofy city name i wouldnt remember even if she told me again. moral of the story is she and i can not afford house payments in wisconsin (where were still trying to sell the house) along with an apartment in mg and an apartment in the burnsville area. as a last ditch effort i attempted to take a loan out on my car and use it as collateral... essentially putting me back to the same debt as when i bought it... unfortunately banks dont like to give money to kids whove just turned eighteen with little credit history and in sums of 5000... so i needed a cosigner... i found my uncle to do it but they turned him down because her hasnt had a steady job for 5 years and my mom doesnt have the credit for it due to the aforementioned problems. so i know this has a bit of personal information in it... but i felt it necessary to explain myself because i know how sticky the transfer situation can get

mike
WHAT????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
That is the goofiest thing I've read. Three residences, an out of state transfer to Maple Grove and a transfer to Burnsville after the school year started? Sounds like your sitting out the varsity year and playiing JV.

I hope everything works out for you Mike. I can guarentee alot of coaches and AD's are eyeing this transfer for their own benefit later down the road...
RLStars

Post by RLStars »

I just read through the transfer rules and think that as long as he has proof of the residence changes (from Wisconsin to Maple Grove then to Burnsville) he should retain eligibility.

Someone should definately follow up on this to help clarify the transfer rules.
hockeydad

Post by hockeydad »

As far as I can tell, there should be no problem. There are no restrictions on transfers from once school to another that are accompanied by a move by the parents.

good luck to you