New Goalie in Burnsville ???

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

IMHO

Post by IMHO »

What does the timing of the move have to be to get on the team. From what it sounds he's still attending classes in MG and hockey starts Monday.
RLStars

Post by RLStars »

IMHO wrote:What does the timing of the move have to be to get on the team. From what it sounds he's still attending classes in MG and hockey starts Monday.
If they have already moved, he can stay at MG until the marking period is over (quarter or semester), then switch schools. - I think - http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/publications ... Bylaws.doc check out the by-laws
newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 »

hockeydad wrote:As far as I can tell, there should be no problem. There are no restrictions on transfers from once school to another that are accompanied by a move by the parents.

good luck to you
They recently put in a 1 transfer rule. That would be the only problem. He transferred to MG and then again to Bville. Like I said, the MSHSL will deal with it how they feel but it will have a ton of attention by certain schools and players who may be transferring in the near future. Correct me if I am wrong Mike but as the rule is currently stated, you can and would have to appeal the 1 year sit due to the second transfer. Is that correct?
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

As long as he moves with the parents from one district to a different one, and meets the residency requirements, he is eligible right away.
Moving in from another state does not create any special circumstances, so it's not an issue.
creaseaddict

the rules

Post by creaseaddict »

the rules were made so that families cant simply send their kids to different schools from what ive read of them. i now have an address in burnsville and have attained the aforementioned address completely legally and in time to enroll in burnsville senior high and be eligible for tryouts. I am there with my mom and she and i have had our permanent address change from wisconsin to maple grove to burnsville... with every move being a permanent address change with my mother (the only parent i live with). thanks again for all of those concerned and i am fully aware of the full on cavity search i will recieve upon the date of the tryout for burnsville haha.
RLStars

Post by RLStars »

newsguy35 wrote:
hockeydad wrote:As far as I can tell, there should be no problem. There are no restrictions on transfers from once school to another that are accompanied by a move by the parents.

good luck to you
They recently put in a 1 transfer rule. That would be the only problem. He transferred to MG and then again to Bville. Like I said, the MSHSL will deal with it how they feel but it will have a ton of attention by certain schools and players who may be transferring in the near future. Correct me if I am wrong Mike but as the rule is currently stated, you can and would have to appeal the 1 year sit due to the second transfer. Is that correct?
I provided a link to the MSHSL transfer rule. Read it. There is nothing there about a one time transfer. The one time transfer was part of the old rules. It basically allowed for one free transfer to any school with or without a residency change.
MrBill

Post by MrBill »

So...how is Mr. Becker doing in the Burnsville tryout? Will he make it?
mnhockey777

Post by mnhockey777 »

since tryouts ended yesterday, yes, mr.wisconsin made the team, other goalie is ryan benedict
mnhockey777

Post by mnhockey777 »

mnhockey777 wrote:other goalie is ryan benedict
by the way not the goalie to Slither over from lakeville, he was the back up last year to randy johnson
hockeyguy99

Post by hockeyguy99 »

Heard from a reliable source that Mike made Varsity.
mnhockey777

Post by mnhockey777 »

yeah just said that
minnesotahockeyfan

Post by minnesotahockeyfan »

so does that mean the goalie that transfered over from lakeville north didnt make the team at all?
mnhockey777

Post by mnhockey777 »

Poor Imitation wrote:so does that mean the goalie that transfered over from lakeville north didnt make the team at all?
he is actually a junior this year, almost positive he made jv although that means one of the two jv goalies from last year would be cut, unless they took 3?
ozzdan21

Post by ozzdan21 »

ya burnsville took 3 this year. Herkal and schlink still made jv
Benidict will most likely b practice goalie
mnhockey777

Post by mnhockey777 »

heres burnsville's full roster http://burnsvillehockey.com/HighSchool.html

goalie from Wisconsin Michael Becker, Senior, listed on varsity, no surprises on who made the team
13 seniors out of the 16 players on the team,