This has been removed

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Tony Civ

This has been removed

Post by Tony Civ »

This has been removed
Last edited by Tony Civ on Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

Do you think it might have something to do with the way the team is coached or put together? or the school district? or is this just another futile attempt at starting a bad thread? I am just wondering....

I just read that this was your 18th post and you are from Shoreview...is that MV district?
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Zamman wrote:I just read that this was your 18th post and you are from Shoreview...is that MV district?
Yes it is Zamman, along with Arden Hills, New Brighton, North Oaks and parts of Vadnais Heights. Its not suprising that some of these kids end up at private schools, they can afford the best (or perceived best). I think Hill is closest to the east (richer) side of the district (North Oaks & Vadnais), and Totino the west.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Zamman wrote:Do you think it might have something to do with the way the team is coached or put together? or the school district? or is this just another futile attempt at starting a bad thread? I am just wondering....

I just read that this was your 18th post and you are from Shoreview...is that MV district?
Tony copped earlier to being the netminder for MV.

Welcome to Minnesota High School Hockey, kid. You're feeling what several other programs have felt for decades.
O-townClown

Tru Dat

Post by O-townClown »

Govs93 wrote:Welcome to Minnesota High School Hockey, kid. You're feeling what several other programs have felt for decades.
Johnson had a real good team in the 80s. If they'd have had all their kids they'd have been great.
tourneytickssince59

Post by tourneytickssince59 »

If these kids left MV middle school to attend a high school outside of the district beginning with 9th grade, I don't see that as a transfer. MV High did not "lose" these kids. They never had them. Freedom of choice is a wonderful thing.
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

I know that a big reason that Mike Hoefel ended up at H-M is that he was friends with Jake Lechner.
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

Yup, what a shame.

The kids could have stayed and played for their old home town of Mounds View at Mounds View High School ........ah, which is actually in Arden Hills.

But Neut, at least there actually is a town called Mounds View instead of some mythical James A. Michner place .
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

packerboy wrote: But Neut, at least there actually is a town called Mounds View instead of some mythical James A. Michner place .
Yea but you'd be hard pressed to find the mounds or the view.

The Mermaid on the other hand....
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

If you were a kid of high school age living in the city of Mounds View, you'd actually attend Irondale HS. Most of the kids who live in New Brighton also attend Irondale HS. The Shoreview, North Oaks, Vadnais Heights, and Arden Hills kids attend Mounds View HS (the latter city being MVHS's location). Both high schools are part of the same district. Many of Irondale's athletic programs suffer student losses to Totino-Grace, which is about half way between Irondale HS and Fridley HS.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

The Exiled One wrote:If you were a kid of high school age living in the city of Mounds View, you'd actually attend Irondale HS. Most of the kids who live in New Brighton also attend Irondale HS. The Shoreview, North Oaks, Vadnais Heights, and Arden Hills kids attend Mounds View HS (the latter city being MVHS's location). Both high schools are part of the same district. Many of Irondale's athletic programs suffer student losses to Totino-Grace, which is about half way between Irondale HS and Fridley HS.
Well that clears things up! :lol:

Where is the city of Irondale?
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Neutron 14 wrote:
The Exiled One wrote:If you were a kid of high school age living in the city of Mounds View, you'd actually attend Irondale HS. Most of the kids who live in New Brighton also attend Irondale HS. The Shoreview, North Oaks, Vadnais Heights, and Arden Hills kids attend Mounds View HS (the latter city being MVHS's location). Both high schools are part of the same district. Many of Irondale's athletic programs suffer student losses to Totino-Grace, which is about half way between Irondale HS and Fridley HS.
Well that clears things up! :lol:

Where is the city of Irondale?
If you follow the Yellow Brick Road north, you'll see that's it's just to the east of Oz.

Actually, I believe it's up near Brainerd, isn't it?
Tony Civ

Post by Tony Civ »

This has been removed
Last edited by Tony Civ on Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony Civ

Post by Tony Civ »

This has been removed
Last edited by Tony Civ on Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Tony Civ wrote: There is no actuall city of Irondale it is just another high school within the Mounds View School District. We basically have two high schools for one district. Kinda the opposite of what White Bear has. They have one school on one side of the city for freshman and sophmores and an entire different campus for the juniors and seniors. So basically they have 1 sports team for two different schools, but one giant city. Thats why they are good at hockey for some part.
Well Tony, I was just kidding about the City of Irondale. I get a wee bit of flak around here about living in the City of Centennial. White Bear was 2 schools, with WB Mariner opening in the 73-74 school year to educate the boomers on the finer side of town. Right wbmd? Enrollment dropped and they merged to reform one school using two campuses. Their current enrollment of 2476 places them ninth on the MSHSL list. Stillwater, Coon Rapids, and Champlin Park are a few of the "hockey powers" with a larger enrollment.

WB is good at hockey because its a hockey town. MV/Irondale isnt. Thats not to disparage their fine schools in any way.
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

Neutron 14 wrote:WB is good at hockey because its a hockey town. MV/Irondale isnt. Thats not to disparage their fine schools in any way.
It's getting better actually. I believe Irondale varsity now plays their home games at the Superrink, which though shared, is still head and shoulders above Columbia. I live in MV and have seen way more youth hockey yard signs, backyard rinks, and kids shooting pucks in their driveways than I ever saw growing up. Not that any particular programs are dramatically dropping, but I think Irondale is one program that's on the rise. I can't really speak to MVHS's situation. The Knights have got a nice young team this year and a talented forward named Travis Baker. Iverson is a junior with some good potential. If they got some goaltending and defense, they might actually start do some damage.

I've got two kids still in diapers, but I'm going to get in the habit of flooding the backyard this winter.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

The Exiled One wrote: I've got two kids still in diapers, but I'm going to get in the habit of flooding the backyard this winter.
Don't bother re-seeding or sodding in the spring. :wink: Think about lights!

Good luck to both programs!
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Neutron 14 wrote:
packerboy wrote: But Neut, at least there actually is a town called Mounds View instead of some mythical James A. Michner place .
Yea but you'd be hard pressed to find the mounds or the view.

The Mermaid on the other hand....
The Mermaid, yes, but what about the launching pad?????
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

elliott70 wrote: The Mermaid, yes, but what about the launching pad?????
Deja Vu all over again. Here I thought I had the Launching Pad repressed....
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

packerboy wrote:Yup, what a shame.

The kids could have stayed and played for their old home town of Mounds View at Mounds View High School ........ah, which is actually in Arden Hills.

But Neut, at least there actually is a town called Mounds View instead of some mythical James A. Michner place .

PB is a renaissance man...
music and now literature.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Neutron 14 wrote:
elliott70 wrote: The Mermaid, yes, but what about the launching pad?????
Deja Vu all over again. Here I thought I had the Launching Pad repressed....

Yeah, its always lurking in the back of my mind somewhere.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

elliott70 wrote:PB is a renaissance man...
Its hard to believe he's from SSP...
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Neutron 14 wrote:
Must have been that fine private school education...
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

ChrisK wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote:
Must have been that fine private school education...
He's educated?

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls