Cloquet@Grand Rapids, Nov. 27

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

artifactually153

Post by artifactually153 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:36 am

ok the one where anderson blocked a shot and rapids scored but they blew it dead saying cloquet go possession was sketchy...but as a ref myself, its a bang bang play and you see the penalized team touch it and you automatically think to blow your whistle...thats the only play i can think of where cloquet was given a clear advantage

norcon

Post by norcon » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:23 pm

artifactually153 wrote:ok the one where anderson blocked a shot and rapids scored but they blew it dead saying cloquet go possession was sketchy...but as a ref myself, its a bang bang play and you see the penalized team touch it and you automatically think to blow your whistle...thats the only play i can think of where cloquet was given a clear advantage
These refs were inept most of the night, but I thought it went pretty much both ways. The two things that stood out to me the most were the late hits Jokkinen was getting away with all night and when late in the overtime Rob Roy and one his linemates were coming in on a two on one and he got blatantly hooked, resulting in an offsides call.

artifactually153

Post by artifactually153 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:05 pm

thats respectable...all in all i thought it was fair for the most part for both teams

quickgym guy

Post by quickgym guy » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:24 pm

My hat goes off to both goaltenders... They played great. This was a wild game to be at. The place was packed even with the Cloquet and Rapids girls playing down in Cloquet. This is turning into one of the biggest rivalries in the state. Can't wait for the rematch at the Lumberdome :lol: :lol: :lol:

MNHockeyFan1

Post by MNHockeyFan1 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:32 pm

I give Baker credit for coming back from a not so steller performance against Virginia to a great game yesterday.

Reggie

Post by Reggie » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:01 pm

artifactually153 wrote:thats respectable...all in all i thought it was fair for the most part for both teams
Great game agreed, but still can't get some of those calls out of my head. Cloquet also got a free goal in the JV game( ref was out of pos) off both posts and out clearly!!!!

Reggie

Post by Reggie » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:05 pm

artifactually153 wrote:ok the one where anderson blocked a shot and rapids scored but they blew it dead saying cloquet go possession was sketchy...but as a ref myself, its a bang bang play and you see the penalized team touch it and you automatically think to blow your whistle...thats the only play i can think of where cloquet was given a clear advantage
Thats understandable, but the two calls with GR on the powerplay, to GIVE cec a 2 man adv. were BRUTLE!!!!!

quickgym guy

Post by quickgym guy » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:54 pm

Reggie wrote:
artifactually153 wrote:thats respectable...all in all i thought it was fair for the most part for both teams
Great game agreed, but still can't get some of those calls out of my head. Cloquet also got a free goal in the JV game( ref was out of pos) off both posts and out clearly!!!!
We were standing right at the goal line in the JV game... The ref made the right call

boblee

post 8683

Post by boblee » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:59 pm

Reggie, relax. I have heard A LOT from this game. That is necessary to produce a website considering I can't make all the games. I have not heard from one person that the reffing was poor and I certainly haven't heard that it favored Cloquet. Put it to rest.

Reggie

Post by Reggie » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:25 pm

quickgym guy wrote:
Reggie wrote:
We were standing right at the goal line in the JV game... The ref made the right call
I was sitting in row G right on the goalline with 4 other people, all said no goal glasses maby?

Reggie

Re: post 8683

Post by Reggie » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:36 pm

boblee wrote:Reggie, relax. I have heard A LOT from this game. That is necessary to produce a website considering I can't make all the games. I have not heard from one person that the reffing was poor and I certainly haven't heard that it favored Cloquet. Put it to rest.
I don't know who you were talking to, but that was the talk at the arena tonight! I don't necessarily(sp) think they favored cec, but they should find something better to do with there time. I went to the game to watch hockey, not the refs! It was a great game, GR looked better than I expected, tabaka played great!

PuckTime

Post by PuckTime » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:49 am

Most people I heard from that were down on that end during the JV game said "no goal". The call was made though, what do you do.

The reffing was decent in the Cloquet game. Both teams played hard and should have nothing taken away from them by someone blaming the outcome on the reffing.

northwoods oldtimer

Game

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:52 am

Why do some of you clowns want to whine about Refs. They generally do a great job policing up an extremely fast, high transition game going on in real time. Put on the stripes and grab a whistle if you think you are the master of officials Reggie otherwise give it a rest. It was a great game....PERIOD.

GR3343

Post by GR3343 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:34 pm

The reffing was fine. It may have been a questionable call to put CEC up 2 guys, but a penalty is a penalty, and the game was called pretty much in accordance to the new standard of play(which I guess, since it's in it's second season, should be called simply the standard of play). I appreciated the fact that in the last few minutes, the whistles were swallowed and we were treated to some firewagon hockey. Calls were even and did not decide the game. The players took care of that.

Reggie

Re: Game

Post by Reggie » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:26 pm

northwoods oldtimer wrote:Why do some of you clowns want to whine about Refs. They generally do a great job policing up an extremely fast, high transition game going on in real time. Put on the stripes and grab a whistle if you think you are the master of officials Reggie otherwise give it a rest. It was a great game....PERIOD.
Like I said if you can't keep up find something else to do! :roll: